Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't see the point in these feedback posts really :

1) They never listen
    2) The test version will not necessarily reflect what we will get ported to live
    3) They never listen
    4) Bugs will be identified and flagged, then ignored
    5) They never listen
    6) Balance will be fine tuned by a chimp with a sledgehammer
    7) They never listen
    8) It will be working as intended if it makes things harder
    9) They never listen
    10) It will be a bug if it makes things easier for the players
    11) They never listen
    12) If they introduce a bug and you use it you may get banned later if they think they have lost gems from you
    13) They never listen
    14) They look like they are moving to the pay now, nerf later game. I wouldn't bet on MMA being half as good once this goes live

Other than those points its a brilliant idea.

World
    Newfoundland
    I can only speak for myself on this:Please BB throw this idea away,I hope it never go live here. I have loved this game more than 2 years now-I have lived with bugs and missing promises without complaining all the time. This new battle system will ruin my love for the game in many ways:

1:No weapons as loot anymore

2:All kept guides will be pointless now

3:Confusion about all army switching places in fights

About the changing in loot,I dont have time to do weapons all the time and was depending on the weapons I could get from loot or buying at To.

I was also depending on other players guides on adventures and found the ones i loved to use,They are all waste when the new system comes live and it will prob take years to again find favorites i can use,in the meantime-it will be a very long break from doing adventures.

Finally.In the 2 years i have been here-I only had 3 wishes in the game:

1:Better Barrack or the feature to do MORE than 25 units at 1 go

2:Being able to stack items in Star and To like buildings,adventures and buffs

3:An extra island or even better removing wasteland on own island,since my and many others islands are so crowded already

Sadly BB gives something new that wasn´t asked for,If I remember correct after reading tons of wishes on forum

Please BB Change your mind on this or split game in 2- One could be Classic tso and next could be new battle tso (I know its impossible,but you can always dream)

You don't you speak for every player on every server.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    You don't you speak for every player on every server.
    And that is why he uses 'I' the whole time and starts with
    I can only speak for myself on this:
    I agree with him on his points though, so that's at least 2 he speaks for

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    The pic for bases resources is missing:

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
    And that is why he uses 'I' the whole time and starts with

I agree with him on his points though, so that's at least 2 he speaks for
    Fairly sure BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA just missed a comma and meant to say, "You don't, you speak for every player on every server." Hence agreeing completely with the OP, and you.

Oh, and with me as well!

World
    Northisle
    Will the production time for expert weapons be adjusted to make up for no longer getting them as loot?

For example, at 1h12m per damascene sword, and 10 swords per soldier, that's 12 hours per elite soldier, just to make the swords, never mind the barracks time... I don't mind adventures becoming more of a challenge, and having to rethink attacks, but if your aim is to make things more "balanced" then the time on weapons production absolutely has to be rethought to compensate for the increased losses and the need to now produce our own weapons instead of getting them in loot.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Seriously? Am I the only person who doesn't think the current combat system and particularly the balance between low and high level troops is totally broken?

How is a game where NOBODY actually builds the weapons required to make the top level troops not totally broken?

How is a game where people send 2,000 recruits to their deaths on some adventures not totally broken?

When people actively complain that they are occasionally forced by quests to have buildings on their island that they don't use there's clearly something very wrong.

The sheer outpouring of people saying they're happy with the current situaton is staggering! It is the current situation which has given people RSI by overusing the barracks.

Of course, I was absolutely correct that everybody would complain about the new system even though removing weapons from adventure loot was EXACTLY what was needed as one of the steps to solving this problem.

BB, you're only option to save this is to make clear how exactly you're going to create a reasonable system for players to make the weapons themselves since that's the second step to fixing what's broken. Just changing the resource requirements is not enough. It's down to you to sell this to players

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    These alterations will render every single guide out there obsolete.
    I wonder how many people will quit ?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Seriously? Am I the only person who doesn't think the current combat system and particularly the balance between low and high level troops is totally broken?
    It definitely has cracks, but smashing it with a nerf-hammer isnt doing any good, ever.

How is a game where NOBODY actually builds the weapons required to make the top level troops not totally broken?
    The costs of the expert buildings and upgrade is far to high to justify making weapons yourself, not to mention the time it takes to make a couple hundred cannons is plain silly. How about they start with changing those buildings before anything else that will make people leave the game

How is a game where people send 2,000 recruits to their deaths on some adventures not totally broken?
    Instead now it seems you will lose even more, only now its the units that cost more and take more time to produce, that's not fixing it, is it?

When people actively complain that they are occasionally forced by quests to have buildings on their island that they don't use there's clearly something very wrong.

The sheer outpouring of people saying they're happy with the current situaton is staggering! It is the current situation which has given people RSI by overusing the barracks.

Of course, I was absolutely correct that everybody would complain about the new system even though removing weapons from adventure loot was EXACTLY what was needed as one of the steps to solving this problem.

BB, you're only option to save this is to make clear how exactly you're going to create a reasonable system for players to make the weapons themselves since that's the second step to fixing what's broken. Just changing the resource requirements is not enough. It's down to you to sell this to players
    So far it seems the only thing that has changed is that you lose more units only this time you lose everything instead of just the regular Recruit, Bows and Militia. Its scary that this was their first thought on how to 'fix' the current system. Its like they don't play the game at all.

They should have started slowly by changing the economy side first, like buffing the expert weapon buildings and removing weapons from adventure loot. Then fine-tune and balance this and then start making changes to the battle system.

Edit:
    Also we should think about the people still levelling and how this will affect new players, they are going to burn through all their resources almost instantly just doing 1 adventure, its making getting to lvl 50 even more harsher. After all if you don't get top level weapons from adventure loot, and seeing the costs of those expert buildings, how are they ever going to make anything but the basic troops?
    Last edited by Xadro; 01.09.14 at 23:36. Reason: adding more stuff

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
    Instead now it seems you will lose even more, only now its the units that cost more and take more time to produce, that's not fixing it, is it?
    No, you won't.

You'll lose a smaller number of high level troops.

Recruits will become obsolete for high level players, which is exactly how it should be.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread