Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Mainte-no-nance

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Mainte-no-nance

The original announcement for this feedback thread can be found here.

Thank you!
    BB_Ravel

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    On a Monday night before the Tuesday maintenance there is horrific amounts of lag - presumably connected to pre-maintenance work. Does this mean we'll get that every night now?
    HOTFIX!

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I think the guy to retire now and not be replaced is very bad timing. So much is going wrong in the game. If there were few problems then okay I would wait with my opinion to see how it worked first.

There are bugs that have not been sorted since 2012.
    The chat crashes very easily and often for some.
    The game freezes and we get please reconnect to the server messages (this is since last maintenance).

If you had said maintenance is clearly not working so we are going to try a new approach please bear with us, I would not be making this post.

To take the game out of play 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. frequently is really a no brainer. I know no times are convenient for all. But currently maintenance is at least for most overnight which on a european server seems the best.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 29.01.16 at 15:49.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I guess the "downunder people" welcome the no-maintenance change.

About "New game deployment".
    The exact times will still be posted in an update announcement 1 day before, but please keep in mind that updates will be deployed around 7:00 - 11:00am GMT.
    We'll still get change.logs announcements telling the date and content about a week or so before?
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Fantastic! Always disliked that the game is unavailable for x hours. As its prime time for me. If it really does work in the background so we don't even notice it, so much the better!
    I'll miss the little boost from GQ resets though
    Last edited by Kriegor; 29.01.16 at 16:19.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    no need for maint when the daily fix script will run for 23 hours 59 min 59.9999 secs
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    On a Monday night before the Tuesday maintenance there is horrific amounts of lag - presumably connected to pre-maintenance work. Does this mean we'll get that every night now?
    I've never noticed any amount of lag prior to a maintenance, at least not any more then any other day. And im usually logged in when the maintenance starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    To take the game out of play 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. frequently is really a no brainer. I know no times are convenient for all. But currently maintenance is at least for most overnight which on a european server seems the best.
    Most ppl are working at that time so its perfectly fine. I'd imagine the sysadmins will be happy to do the upgrades during normal office hours too.

Overall a good change but im sure some ppl will not be too happy that they cant get their free 8h prem extension every monday night i havent used a 1d prem in months so dont really care.
    Last edited by Narcil; 29.01.16 at 17:39.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post

Overall a good change but im sure some ppl will not be too happy that they cant get their free 8h prem extension every monday night i havent used a 1d prem in months so dont really care.
    Everyone's premium token got shortened, a 360 day token usually lasted around 377 days.

Probably increase my play time a little over the year as I'm a night-owl, I'l reserve judgement whether its good / bad change until later. I'm sure the guys and girls who had to work overnight at BB welcome the change.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    If the majority are happy than i am too. I realise lots will be happier at the thought of a change.
    Just when there is not a set routine (whatever it might be) it leaves too many grey areas for me to jump for joy and not feel somewhat cynical that the game can take a 'no maintenance' stance.

Some day time players are actually at work when they log in and i think it might be more than most imagine

World
    Sandycove
    Im on the wary side of good - nice not to have to have it, but Im worried a number of issues will remain and build up.

I'm probably just being pessimistic...

Reply to Thread