Reply to Thread

Thread: geologist messages

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

geologist messages

Not really a bug, just an annoying feature. When your geologist find a new resource, if you click on the message it takes you to what he has found. the trouble is it's only there for a few secs, so if you miss it you spend ages searching to try and find where the resource is. The message stays in your news, but you can't click on that. Would it be possible to have the notification as a mail, with a link in the message saying click here to go to resource or something similar

World
    Newfoundland
    Great idea!

I do find that those little notifications need to be different. Maybe another suggestion would be a clickable link in the news tab. Also maybe colour coding the words - so generals could be red, geologists could be green and explorers could be blue. Then buildings could stay yellow and upgrades in purple. Then other colours for over production, mines going bust and when buildings are requesting resources.
    Last edited by Rohab; 05.12.11 at 02:51.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes that's an even better idea. Perhaps the more important ones should stay until actioned, but ones like buffing can just expire after a few secs.

World
    Newfoundland
    I wouldn't say expire as it's handy having the links there for when in need. Maybe the opacity of the text could be dropped slightly so you can still identify them.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Agreed. That or an email would be happy. I have to scour the map to try and find the resource...particular the later game ones where the chances are I won't still be online for the popup message

World
    Newfoundland
    A bit like jools' message.. I send out my geo to finde resources (stones) 2 times i a row, but I never found out where he had been. when beeing buzzi otherwhere while waiting for the geo it's d... not to get his founds. if there has to be a time limit for getting, it would be nice with a big alarm sign.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really do need a mail message now, I keep getting lserver problems so have to refresh my browser, the trouble is when you do this you lose all your news history, so I've no idea whether my geo found any resources or whether I've got too many. I'm hoping to find more marble in exhausted quarries but not having much luck ATM

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jools +++ for idea. I am having same problems, with finding what geologist has done.. When i had 1 - 2 -3 sectors, it wasnt problem. Now with 7 sectors, i have no idea is he even working .

Reply to Thread