Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Show the travel time of generals

World
    Newfoundland

Show the travel time of generals

Could you somehow show the travel time when a general moves or attacks please? It's very helpful for me when my generals travel a great distance, and I would like to set a timer and do something else in meanwhile.

*Those numbers are just random examples.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm not sure what kind of load that would cause. I don't think it would help me much during moving/attacking anyway. However it would be a little helpful to know from the home island how long before a general reaches an adventure. I can use the old 'check the watch' method but I would find some built in timer convenient.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I can't see how this suggestion, if implemented, would increase load at all. The times would be an estimate, and a benefit for PVP too.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I can't see how this suggestion, if implemented, would increase load at all. The times would be an estimate, and a benefit for PVP too.
    Everything is a load somewhere. That's why they allowed turning off smoke or animals because it slowed the game down on some computers. In some situations you can have lots of generals moving and attacking all at the same time and each one would require an independent timer that something would need to keep track of. Timers generally aren't costly, but they do have a cost.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A timer as suggested does nothing unless a alarm was included. Give how sound effects can badly degrade some systems performance in game I would not want to see a non-optional version of this.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    It is funny that how there is always a timer for building structures, producing stuff, buffs, adventures, premiums, etc. Generals even have timers when they travel to adventures and when they land. But a timer for generals when they move or attack can slow down the game so badly.

It is more funnier that it always shows the number of steps when generals try to attack or move. Instead of counting those step, an explicit number will degrade the game.

World is full of mysteries.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 06.04.16 at 23:03.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    It is funny that how there is always a timer for building structures, producing stuff, buffs, adventures, premiums, etc. But a timer for generals can slow down the game so badly?

It is more funnier that it always shows the number of steps when generals try to attack or move. Instead of counting those step, an explicit number will degrade the game.

World is full of mysteries.
    Perhaps a timer wouldn't slow things down. Maybe that is a non-point. And total steps or distance makes some sense to me, but personally a timer doesn't and if they were persistent on the screen I would see that as just more screen noise. But that's just an opinion.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Perhaps a timer wouldn't slow things down. Maybe that is a non-point. And total steps or distance makes some sense to me, but personally a timer doesn't and if they were persistent on the screen I would see that as just more screen noise. But that's just an opinion.
    So, it makes sense when it shows 10 steps, but totally nonsense when it shows 20 seconds instead. Ok, got it!

World
    Sandycove
    I think I misunderstood the original point now that I look at the first post again. Is the suggestion showing the time to get there just when you are setting up for the attack or the move? That is different then, I thought it would be persistent timers on the target camp/location that keep counting down until the general gets there. I was imagining multiple yellow timers going tic tic tic during the entire series of attacks. So after a face-palm I can see where the original idea could be handy.

World
    Newfoundland
    No, my suggestion is not "persistent timers on the target camp/location that keep counting down until the general gets there." The numbers are just a temp display like the steps. Or just the timers in Star menu are fine as well.

I'm sorry for my rudeness, and glad that we can find an agreement.

Reply to Thread