Reply to Thread

Thread: The 35 second delay

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

The 35 second delay

I've been watching this for a while now, long before the latest lag problems surfaced.
    I always found it odd, that buffing a building, or trying to calculate whether to demolish a mine, the production overview screen seemed to be somewhat behind reality, this was particularly obvious with the pumpkin fields, and I've since tested it out with mines.
    The production Overview screen is 35 seconds behind what really happens.
    The simplest way to show this is to hover your mouse over a mine (easiest to check, although any production building will do), and wait for it to reduce the resource count by one. Quickly open the mine's production screen , and you'll see that showing 35 seconds still to complete the cycle. But the resource has already gone, so if you were to buff now, it would be a waste.
    It becomes most obvious if you do this the opposite way, find a mine about to deplete. Open its production overview, and watch the green bar progress. get prepared to jump out of your seat, as the bar hits around 35 seconds, the mine collapses around you.
    The 2 systems are not in sync.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Green bar in the production overview is a total production time. It is a sum of production time to make goods, transportation time to/from storehouse and transportation time to/from workyard. If you see the green bar just started or is close to be finished, then around there a transport action is taken by the settler.
    Let's take a Farm as an example. Full production cycle is as follows:
    - settler goes from Storehouse to a Farm
    - settler goes from Farm to wheat field
    - settler "produces" wheat (here takes place "production time" which is 12 minutes for a Farm)
    - settler takes wheat from wheat field and goes to Farm
    - settler goes from Farm to Storehouse
    Check the workyard details for the time needed for transportation of goods and production time.
    Some workyards do not need for settler to go to the deposit.
    If the deposit is underneath (wells, mines, etc.) then the transportation time to/from deposit is 0.
    If the there is no deposit and settler takes resources from Storehouse, then the transportation time to/from deposit is the same as to/from Storehouse.

Note, that even though settler transports goods to the Storehouse, you can still buff the workyard. Just do it so that buff is registered before the settler arrives to Storehouse (which takes some time).

Summarizing, those 35 seconds you are mentioning are either transportation time of goods (which depends of workyard distance from storehouse, always multiple of 2) or lagging issues you have with contacting to the game server. I may be wrong, but this is what I observed.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you manage to buff while the worker is walking to the storehouse,
    and manage to get the buff registered before he has reached the storehouse,
    then that buff will count for the delivery he is just about to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    It becomes most obvious if you do this the opposite way, find a mine about to deplete. Open its production overview, and watch the green bar progress. get prepared to jump out of your seat, as the bar hits around 35 seconds, the mine collapses around you.
    The fact that the mine collapses before the worker starts delivering the last piece of ore has been reported before.
    BB either hasn't seen the post, has ignored the post or doesn't understand the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RosaDina View Post
    edit: I have discovered that the last pumpkin of the sematary is never delivered to the storehouse. I suppose the settler who has that responsibility gets unemployed when the sematary crashes.
    This bug applies to all mines and wells too.

Just checked it today, when two gold mines, both buffed, never delivered the last piece of gold ore left in there.
    No worker walking from the mine to the storehouse, and no change in the storehouse at all.

Thus, a lv 1 gold mine doesn't hold 300 gold ore, it only holds 299. And a lv 5 gold mine would thus only hold 295...
    This bug does not apply when a farmer deplets a wheatfield though, and also not to tree cutters depleting a tree deposit.
    Since the farmhouse itself is still standing, the farmer can walk back from the field that just collapsed behind him.

Reply to Thread