Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blocking time per round!?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Question Blocking time per round!?

Hi, i would like to know duration of a battle with 7-13 rounds.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    What I have tried so far it depends on camp type (easy, medium, hard and leader)
    I counted 2 rounds against leader with fast general 30secods => 1 round = 15 seconds
    1R block = 1 round with normal general = 20 seconds
    Basically its 20-30 seconds per round with normal general (used for blocks) fast generals are about 1/2 faster

Round value is important min-max but also the average when it says 7-13 and average is 8.9 its very probable the fight wont last under 8 neither over 8 rounds
    I would guess your 7 rounds should last 210 seconds
    I counted times when general enters the camp not from animation starts
    But you should try it first, because I'am sure it depends on type of the camp (easy, medium, hard and leader)

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did some timing on these...

The battle can be split up into three parts...

1) The time from the moment when the general disappears till the time when the battle starts

Regardless of the type of general this is always 5 seconds.
    Part of those 5 seconds is probably the 3.3 seconds it takes for the general to walk to the center of the camp.

The remaining (or preceeding) 1.7 seconds may well be the time that has to elapse till the camp is considered busy engaging the attackers.
    If another general is walking into the same camp's influence area after those 1.7 seconds, that general will not be intercepted.

2) The time for the battle itself

This is dependent on the number of rounds, but is independent on the number of phases (first strike, normal and last strike units).
    • For a fast general (bhg or veteran) this is 10 seconds per round of fighting
    • For a normal general this is 20 seconds per round of fighting

3) The time for the countdown if you are victorious

This is the part where the camp starts smoking and the countdown bar is going from green to red.
    This part only occurs if you're winning the battle. If you lost, the time for this part is 0 seconds.

The duration of this part is likewise dependent on the type of general.
    However, in addition to that, it is also dependent on the type of camp:
    • For a fast general killing a trap it is 10 (2+8) seconds
    • For a normal general killing a trap it is 20 (4+16) seconds
    • For a fast general killing a camp it is 20 (2+18) seconds
    • For a normal general killing a camp it is 40 (4+36) seconds
    • For a fast general killing a watch tower it is 80 (2+78) seconds
    • For a normal general killing a watch tower it is 160 (4+156) seconds
    • For a fast general killing a fortified watch tower it is 120 (2+118) seconds
    • For a normal general killing a fortified watch tower it is 240 (4+236) seconds
    The countdown will visually not start until 4 seconds (2 seconds for a fast general) have elapsed.
    That is the time indicated in brackets above.

EDIT 2014/02/12:

For a more in-depth understanding of how the demolition phase is handled, please read XiozZe's post here.
    Also, the link to the US forum that XiozZe refers to is worth reading (the whole thread): Enemy Camp Destruction Times
    Last edited by Tage; 12.02.14 at 14:05. Reason: Links added to more in-depth information

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    you say 3.3 seconds for a gen to walk to the middle of the camp. does this mean that every 1x1 building space a gen walks throught takes him 3.3 seconds? if so, since the new pathing update has it showing every space a general will walk through, it makes it very easy to figure up exactly how long a block must last in order for it to succeed. the info is very much appreciated tage, thank you

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul913 View Post
    you say 3.3 seconds for a gen to walk to the middle of the camp. does this mean that every 1x1 building space a gen walks throught takes him 3.3 seconds?
    Yes, 10 seconds to walk 3 tiles (one tile being half the width of a garrison, i.e. a garrison being 2×2 tiles).

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul913 View Post
    if so, since the new pathing update has it showing every space a general will walk through, it makes it very easy to figure up exactly how long a block must last in order for it to succeed. the info is very much appreciated tage, thank you

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great guide. Please can you clarify when the main general can be intercepted? Can he be intercepted during the time when he disappears till the time when the battle starts?

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, from what I've seen, another general can still be intercepted some 1-2 seconds after he's disappeared.
    But most of the time from his disappearance till the battle starts he is already engaging that camp.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    There's a simulator that includes how many seconds will take a battle?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester684 View Post
    There's a simulator that includes how many seconds will take a battle?
    No, but the simulators tell you how many rounds a battle lasts.
    From there it's been a question of timing the battles and seeing the battle reports to get the above information.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Yes, from what I've seen, another general can still be intercepted some 1-2 seconds after he's disappeared.
    But most of the time from his disappearance till the battle starts he is already engaging that camp.
    this is why I add a flag for lag (garrison 1 further back then optimal for normal sending) for the times generals get sent out at the same time when ever possible

Reply to Thread