Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: doubles of "The Shaman" and "Old Ruins" for Anniversary quest chain

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle

The shaman quest

Still had on star an old copy of Shaman adventure saved from last anniversary event. so, when got the quest to do shaman for the event quest chain I was totally at a loss as to which to do. 50/50 chance and yes guessed wrong. Bye bye the adventure I had saved and now have to do the flaming adventure again to complete the quest,,,,,well done BB, another master stroke of design.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

doubles of "The Shaman" and "Old Ruins" for Anniversary quest chain

If you have doubles of either of these adventures as i did look carefully at the rewards of the adventures (due to having older versions from old quest)

Noticed difference between the 2 SAME adventures (old Ruins) (they have same Icon, same goal, same mission, same theme)
    However
    Rewards are different
    Version 1 - Rewards :- Resources and Special Retro Scenarios
    Version 2 - Rewards :- You'll gain experience for defeating unit, but no adventure Loot

CHOOSE VERSION 1 to complete the current event

World
    Sandycove
    That's bad.... you would think either copy of an adventure by the same name and with no way to distinguish them would both work. Or one would be grayed out or something. Very disappointing.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    For those in the same position it may help if you read the text. The old ones had their loot removed after the event they were used in ended. Text reads something like only xp rewarded but no loot. The new ones for this event will have a retro scenario in the loot ( or at least the ones I've had so far have it in the text ) Would it really of been that hard to put a couple of balloons in the corner of the adventure picture? Anyway hope this helps.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for that. I know it applies to some players because lordloocan in another post mentioned he/she picked the wrong one. Hopefully others won't be caught.

Merged
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 26.09.18 at 10:29.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Still had on star an old copy of Shaman adventure saved from last anniversary event. so, when got the quest to do shaman for the event quest chain I was totally at a loss as to which to do. 50/50 chance and yes guessed wrong. Bye bye the adventure I had saved and now have to do the flaming adventure again to complete the quest,,,,,well done BB, another master stroke of design.
    Same here.
    Very sloppy of BB.

World
    Sandycove
    I've got some extras and I wasn't part of the anniversary event the first time. I don't know where they are all coming from. Sounds like deleting them all after the event is over might be a good idea.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't know where they are all coming from.
    Both are tradable, so you may have picked them up that way; both are available from the Merchant for gems; and I'm not sure about Shaman, but Old Ruins was definitely available from the Guild Market for a period of time, because that's where I picked some up...
    ...and I'm getting quite a nice amount of candles from them atm.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Both are tradable, so you may have picked them up that way; both are available from the Merchant for gems; and I'm not sure about Shaman, but Old Ruins was definitely available from the Guild Market for a period of time, because that's where I picked some up...
    ...and I'm getting quite a nice amount of candles from them atm.
    Thank you - perhaps the Guild Market. I doubt I would have bought them for gems. But over time I guess a lot of the options you list are possible. I'm worried about playing them because I'm afraid they will come up in the event quest chain again - it appears you have reason to believe they wont.

Cheers

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Teardrop46 View Post
    If you have doubles of either of these adventures as i did look carefully at the rewards of the adventures (due to having older versions from old quest)

Noticed difference between the 2 SAME adventures (old Ruins) (they have same Icon, same goal, same mission, same theme)
    However
    Rewards are different
    Version 1 - Rewards :- Resources and Special Retro Scenarios
    Version 2 - Rewards :- You'll gain experience for defeating unit, but no adventure Loot

CHOOSE VERSION 1 to complete the current event
    I wonder if BB will ever fix this.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread