Closed Thread

Thread: Guild warehouse

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Guild warehouse

I've been in a guild for quite a while and imho it would be more benificial for the game to have some kind of guild warehouse or guild bank where players can exchange goods inside the guild...

This will allow players to be more active in their guilds, and new guildmembers to get the help with resources they need while building up their island.

Maybe there should be a system inside so it keeps track on which member did what actions (add, take etc...) and later the warehouse could be used to enable more elaborate guild quests and/or guild buildings.

It's probably not the newest idea, and might already be proposed, but still.. this is another call for it then

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree, this could be a very good idea.

Few recommendations:
    History list like in the Trading Office, so you can see exactly who is taking/giving what.
    Upgrading the warehouses with goods entered into it, to increase the warehouse capacity. Max level to store a good few hundred thousand of each item.
    A record by each guild members name showing the total number of items they have entered in against the total number they have taken out.

A request method to take goods out (while everyone is able to enter goods immediately), so this allows any member in the guild to take goods out, but it has to be authorised by the guild leader and the rank directly below him/her. So every member would need to request through the guild warehouse to take goods out (other people should be able to see the requests too so they can see what goods are remaining), and only the leaders could approve this - nobody should be able to approve their own requests to take goods out.

I think this would help prevent anyone from stealing goods and abusing the system.

World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb

well, just to throw my hat into the ring, i reject the idea of a "guild-warehouse" and propose a "guild trade-office" as an alternative option
    a place where guilds can place trades just like usual trade-office, but only guild members will be able to view/post/trade items there

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Dunjay, there are enough ways for inter-guild trading, a warehouse can keep goods longer than a trading office. And it opens the door for other guild buildings, ie. a guild coinage that consumes the gold bars from the warehouse to product huge amounts of coins or something like that...

World
    Sandycove
    i have suggested guild "treasury" which was similar in description what you suggest about the guild-coinage in another thread ages ago.
    also, if guild trade-office was introduced, it would be obvious to also have an extended length of time that posts remain viewable to members.maybe even permanent or at least 24-36-48 hours
    also, yes, trades can be done in guild with ease, but only if other members are online or return to game before any offers sent to them expires, a guild trade-office would overcome these issues and also let everyone in guild see what you have to offer and save sending out individual trades to various members of your guild
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

World
    Sandycove
    These are all excellent ideas and are a marked improvement on the current (non existing) system.

Closed Thread