Reply to Thread

Thread: Mysterious Coin - misleading?!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Mysterious Coin - misleading?!

Just tested a theory when it comes to "Fail conditions". If you complete the condition(I.e. let it expire or cancel the adventure) even though you succeed in completing the condition, you still fail the quest and get nothing.

Might i suggest that you(BB) remove the "Fail Condition"! Its irrelevant and just confusing.

http://prnt.sc/asjuei

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Keeping it as it is will generate less false bug reports.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Not sure what you mean Dorotheus. At the moment it is misleading in that you cant intentionally fail/cancel the adventure and still complete the quest. As with ALL other quests, there is no mention of a "fail condition". How would removing it create a bug?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Without a means of showing you that you have failed the situation can arise where you have failed and may not know it, this would mean players filing bug reports when in fact the game is working as intended.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    if thats the case, then it should be included on all quests and quest lines and the language needs updating. At the very least its inconsistent. I still don't agree that removing it from this quest (the only instance i have ever seen) would create a bug.

Adian1972
    No, as most quests/quest line cannot fail, but in this case you run out of time or cancel tikki island the quest chain could not be completed as there is no way to get another tikki island adv. So the quest would just sit there until you cancelled it and this as Dorotheus said caused issues, now the fail condition triggers and you can finish the quest. Obviously as you failed you do not get the reward.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's been announced to be fail conditions for scenarios, but nothing about buff quests, so yes.. This is a bit misleading.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread