Closed Thread

Thread: Online Communities will destroy this game!!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Online Communities will destroy this game!!

Since discussion got disabled in the thread I posted this in, I will make my own thread for discussion.

I am sure that many of you who play games that include online communities have experienced the things I am going to mention below, or something similar to this before. I am sorry to see that this has started occurring in one of my favorite online games as well.

Unfortunately most online games that have chat/forum communities will act like this. When you have players that have been on for a long time, they usually form a circle (me against them) and newbies will often experience this the hard way. The regular players do something wrong or don't agree with the newbie = the newbie gets ridiculed or even banned in some cases while the regulars remain in their throne safe as always.

Often these "circles" will get priviliges from MODs and other in game authorities, in many cases unconciously, this is a very common phenomen in societies (both irl and online) and is a very interesting study in social psychology. Just scroll the forum or follow the chat, soon enough you will see very clear evidence of this behavior.

How can this be stopped?

World
    Newfoundland
    *Sniffs the troll bait*
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    meh Tierartz its only leftovers ...
    Nevermind I give up

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ty guys for helping me in proving my point...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    to prove it even more

i am the one that just reported your new post for trolling to the board admins

World
    Newfoundland
    LOL your point is that, as in any community, people that are known get benefits over those that are not known. Welcome in the real world
    Instead of complaining you could participate and get known yourself. Seems to me like your running a Calimero show here.

That will be an easier job in an onlione game cos there is more fluctuation in the community (aka ppl tend to leave). But with the given atitude i expect you to give up before you ever reach that postion.

1 tip look for improvement in your own infuancial circle. Dont go victemizing yourself.
    Nevermind I give up

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ill rather be Calimero sticking to my own opinion than one of the yellow chickens agreeing with anything the community says. I just don´t see how or in what way I am victimizing myself anywhere?

World
    Newfoundland
    meh reread you posts here and in the topic you hijacked and figure the puzzle
    Nevermind I give up

World
    Newfoundland
    Thread closed
    Reason: Trolling

Closed Thread