View Poll Results: What do you think about this suggestion?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very good

7 41.18%
  • Good, but needs tweaking

2 11.76%
  • meh, ok

2 11.76%
  • Bad

6 35.29%
Reply to Thread

Thread: A cleansing buff

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

A cleansing buff

How about a buff, that removes all buffs from 1 building.

This would be useful if you want to go to bed, but its 1 hour left until you have to rebuff everything. Then you can easily remove the buff on the building, rebuff it and go tuck yourself in

I think this buff should be cheap, im thinking about half the price of a Sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    What about people who come and buff you without even asking if it's okay or which buildings you would like done? There should be a way to either stop them doing it, or remove the buff if it's inconvenient.
    Last edited by wondR; 14.02.13 at 14:32.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Or maybe think about what buff you are using and when you need it to end? There are far more important things going on than another suggestion to make the game easier to play tbh.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    Or maybe think about what buff you are using and when you need it to end? There are far more important things going on than another suggestion to make the game easier to play tbh.
    What about people who come and buff you without even asking if it's okay or which buildings you would like done? There should be a way to either stop them doing it, or remove the buff if it's inconvenient.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    Since a basket lasts 9 hours (if a friend/guildmate does it for you) and you want to be permabuffed, there will be some days when it ends in strange times.

I agree there are more urgent issues to fix, but what do you think of the idea and not how developers should prioritize their time

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Use a sandwich?
    And get rid of the friend .... ok at lower levels it was great to have ppl dropping in and throwing fish about your island, but nobody comes to mine now and buffs without asking as we all have a system going and they know better than to mess it up.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    I would never be so ungrateful as to reject the offer of a buff. The buffed building will double it's output while buffed - how can that be a bad thing?

Even if I wanted to put a Basket on it, and someone throws a Fish Platter on the building, I get double resources for those 45 mins, and then I can still put a Basket on the building afterwards if I still want to.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    I would never be so ungrateful as to reject the offer of a buff. The buffed building will double it's output while buffed - how can that be a bad thing?

Even if I wanted to put a Basket on it, and someone throws a Fish Platter on the building, I get double resources for those 45 mins, and then I can still put a Basket on the building afterwards if I still want to.
    Some people don't offer to be rejected. My storage might be full, or I might want something buffed more urgently. Why waste a basket on a building that isn't producing? Oh yeah, that's right, because you didn't ask first!

World
    Sandycove
    Good points, but if my storage is full, I'd sell resources to make room, and if I wanted something else buffed, then I'd ask in guild chat for a guild member to buff it for me. I don't buff buildings which are either sleeping or have a lack of resources (unless I also buff the previous building in the chain).

Having said that, you're right, there are people who just buff buildings in the hope that you will return the favour later. I was simply saying that personally, I'm happy to get all the buffs anyone is willing to give. If you don't want those buffs, for whatever reason, then the cleansing buff would be an ideal solution.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Another idea.. what if yu can add more than 1 buff. One ends and another starts after the first one. U can add deposits no matter how many for fish or mines so why not same thing with buffs

World
    Sandycove
    If buffs could be stacked, then you would need to log in less. That would be a bad business move for BB, so I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon...

Reply to Thread