Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend (48Hr) events ??

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Weekend (48Hr) events ??

As we have been shown with the BK 48Hr "mini event" it is possible to install an event without "maintenance downtime" to be triggered when BB choose....

So My question is why can't we have our short events/quests over a weekend, as BB have shown us that it is clearly possible.........

World
    Sandycove
    Just a guess, but they probably chose week days since the BB Staff is at work to answer calls and such should something come up that needed a fix.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Just a guess, but they probably chose week days since the BB Staff is at work to answer calls and such should something come up that needed a fix.
    This is certainly a valid point and is another reason why we conduct updates during office hours and not say, in the middle of the night.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i like the idea of weekend events but i presume the amount of work that bb would have to do to create such events would be too much.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos51 View Post
    As we have been shown with the BK 48Hr "mini event" it is possible to install an event without "maintenance downtime" to be triggered when BB choose....

So My question is why can't we have our short events/quests over a weekend, as BB have shown us that it is clearly possible.........
    I suspect the code was installed with the previous maintenance and just needed to be turned on. The downside of that is it would require another maintenance before the next 48hr event.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    This is certainly a valid point and is another reason why we conduct updates during office hours and not say, in the middle of the night.
    Not to nit pick ...but are you referring to what used to happen @ midnight until recently changed by BB?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I suspect the code was installed with the previous maintenance and just needed to be turned on. The downside of that is it would require another maintenance before the next 48hr event.
    That would be a given....the BK event was pre-loaded during the previous maintenance ...you can either set the trigger to a specific time/date or do it manually ......eg the BK mini .....auto start @ pre specified time & either auto-shutdown or manually shut down......that way you don't need to have someone from BB @constantly the switch (as it were).....

To me its just coding ......& as for weekends in general I would be surprised if BB does not have someone from IT on-call....

Reply to Thread