Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Direct trades expiring late or not at all

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

[FIXED] Direct trades expiring late or not at all

This is preliminary but as a heads up:

Trades to inactive friends seem to be vanishing instead of automatically returning "Declined" 8 hours later. Not sure yet what happens with active friends who just aren't around but I wanted to post before more time had passed in case anyone else is missing things or sending things off. It'll be clearer in a few hours, two of these were to an inactive friend and one went to an active friend who is helpfully ignoring it.

I'm not expecting to see at lease two of them again but remain somewhat hopeful for the third.

UPDATE: None of my direct trades returned automatically after 8 hours. A screenie of *nothing* isn't terribly telling in this case but here it is, there should be three "declined" trades on top of the Treasures:

Thrilling innit?

The one to an active friend did return later than expected when said friend opened their mail window, not their actual trade mail just the Mail window, so all is not lost. Just be sure to send things to people who are around or will be around before too long and you shouldn't end up with resources stuck for eons in another person's mailbox. The two to a long inactive friend are apparently in limbo.

This may well be one of the bugs a fix currently listed in the next change log is meant to address but remember the date and changes in this log are still tentative so it's probably wise for the time being to take extra care with your direct trades to friends rather than fling them around and cross fingers for a perfect fix next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative_ChangeLog
    MAIL INTERFACE: IMPROVEMENTS
    • The mechanism triggering an expiration of trade offers and adventure invitations has been improved: In order to trigger an expiration check, just open the Outbox

Original
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 16.02.14 at 13:20. Reason: Mininmised the preliminary bit

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm wondering if the resources just return to your storage without notification. We're testing it with a SOTV trade should know in 3 1/2 hours

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Haha Excellent use of SotV Jim! Curious to see if it has a fate similar to my Bread. o.O I'm afraid the sneaking back into storage looks unlikely but it'll be good to know either way.

Updated the first post with the results on my lil' experiment.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Well I got a declined trade email, so the bug is not universal. More confused now.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had to change some storage to Improved Storage so sent 100k coins to a long departed friend yesterday morning. I always attach a high number of map frags to the return (just for safety sake).
    No sight of the 100k coins or the map frags - support mail sent so hoping they can kick the trade back.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wont repeat the email from support as its a rules infringement but needless to say support has confirmed the comment in Iolanthe's post that the next maintenance patch should resolve the problem and see the goods returned.
    Gratz and thank you to BB Support on the speedy response.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Jim, you lucky! I've not had one come back without a *bump* from the person I sent it to.

Cheers fishslice, and *blergh*. Curious to see after the update if everything sent to long time inactives does come winging home when we all click our shiny new Outboxes for the first time. So far I've had resources hang in active friend's mail for over 24 hours before they opened the window and everything popped back but it did all come back.

As Gavona points out here: Adventure invite does not return after 8hrs this can also happen with Adventure invites. Which is rather painful.

If anyone finds any other quirks please toss them in.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 16.02.14 at 13:27.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Maintenance hasn't fixed the problem.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    The problem has been resolved for me.
    The expired trades didn't appear in my inbox automatically but after I clicked the outbox there was a small delay and then the expired trades appeared in my inbox.
    Many thanks BB ;-)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    So glad there's a test server where problems like this can be resolved before going live... At least I've only lost 4K ggc

Reply to Thread