Reply to Thread

Thread: User Interface Enhancement Ideas

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb User Interface Enhancement Ideas

I've been playing for 3 weeks now, and am up to level 33. Here are a few ideas I have had about improving the way the screen works. Apologies if these have been suggested before.

Firstly, every collectible has a little blue banner with a level 1 number on it (even though they can't be a level higher) - that means they look the same as level 1 buildings when searching. It would make the search just that little bit easier if the banner were to be a different colour, such as red.

Next, the chat window in the bottom left. This has a minimise button in its top right corner, but it is very small. Clicking one of the window tabs (News, Help, etc) restored the minimised window - could a second click on the same tab not be made to minimise the window once more? This would make it much easier to check something quickly in the News window, but still let us have the full screen to work with our island most of the time.

Home island - once all 9 sectors are conquered, do the sector boundaries have any further game significance? If not, they could be removed - perhaps there could be a new quest that has this as the reward?

Battle report emails hang around in the inbox when closed, unless you delete them manually, which involves opening the email window once more. Could we have a "Close and delete" button on those emails, as well as the "x" to simply close?

As far as I know, there don't seem to be any bridges available - this would be a natural thing for our settlers to build to make it easier to get around the island, don't you think?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I too would like most of these ideas. Especially the different banners for collectibles.

The Home island's marked territories might have been originally left because of thoughts of PVP. But I am sure that idea was completely shelved - the screams from players would be deafening
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

World
    Sandycove
    Firstly, every collectible has a little blue banner with a level 1 number on it (even though they can't be a level higher) - that means they look the same as level 1 buildings when searching. It would make the search just that little bit easier if the banner were to be a different colour, such as red.
    No No No, Its too easy as it is since they stopped hiding behind rocks. I've kept all my trees, scattered a few `lvl 1' decorations around `normal' spawning areas and I can still find them all before my jollies find Marble. In fact the delayed spawning is the only thing that's adding to my `fifteen minute' challenge at the moment If they had different coloured banners, you might as well just stick them straight in Mayors House and cut out the clicking ( and BB ain't going to do that )

Home island - once all 9 sectors are conquered, do the sector boundaries have any further game significance? If not, they could be removed - perhaps there could be a new quest that has this as the reward?
    This was suggested before until it was pointed out that the boundaries mark `sectors 1-9', which helps navigate visitors for helping with problems and buffs

If you've got to lvl 33 in 3 weeks then your clicking figure is nicely warmed up, BB loves players like you, they even create game events to really muscle up that finger, so all the interim clicking is there just to keep it fit
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even nicer solution, get rid of them altogether, then we can have the much more useful miltary tab back in the Mayor's House.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Even nicer solution, get rid of them altogether, then we can have the much more useful miltary tab back in the Mayor's House.
    I rather see a military tab in Barracks.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I rather see a military tab in Barracks.
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Battle reports do auto delete, after 30 days.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread