Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Initial Impressions

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Just noticed that zoom in/out has much smaller range than that in flash. Zoom out does not show the whole island like on Flash, and full zoom in is still smaller then Flash.

I'd say good for first roll-out, but there are so many bugs and things to address, it's overwhelming to report.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Just noticed that zoom in/out has much smaller range than that in flash. Zoom out does not show the whole island like on Flash, and full zoom in is still smaller then Flash.

I'd say good for first roll-out, but there are so many bugs and things to address, it's overwhelming to report.
    I also wanted to say this. It would be good if the zoom was the same as it is in the recent game. Thanks.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    First impression its actually nice to get a chance to try it out so well done for sorting it out. Graphics are not clear enough for me, the actual island itself looks good but text and the quest book looks hazy and it looks as if we have gone back instead of going forward.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    quick question: once browser version is officially up will we be able to use client version?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would have expected a more smooth running program at this time. I had the impression that it was only because of Easter that it has not been implemented. But this is so bugged that I cant see it ready any time soon.
    I cant really find anything new in there, not besides that BB insult the people who are dyslectic, by suggesting that they just need stronger glasses to be able to read. It does not help them to have the font enlarged, so please call the font enlarge option in the options menu something else.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I cant really find anything new in there, not besides that BB insult the people who are dyslectic, by suggesting that they just need stronger glasses to be able to read. It does not help them to have the font enlarged, so please call the font enlarge option in the options menu something else.
    The option is actually changing the font used in the game. Unfortunately the option doesn't say it's the font change dropdown and that OpenDyslexic is the name for the typeface (opendyslexic.org).
    Last edited by Durin_d; 01.05.21 at 06:34.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    There's a new option for scaling https://prnt.sc/127eo81
    Thanks you Durin_d but that's only scale interface so that doesnt suit ....

ok with wheel mouse we can scale/zoom island but before with flash we have another scale/zoom ( firefox button ) which allows to "reduce resolution" in order to see the whole island or the whole adventure ( on big map adventure ). Else we must do a lot of drag and drop and its awful. Its why its important ( and happy not to be alone on that )

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    The option is actually changing the font used in the game. Unfortunately the option doesn't say it's the font change dropdown and that OpenDyslexic is the name for the typeface (https://opendyslexic.org/).
    I got so offended when I saw that. I am not dyslectic myself, but have dyslectic student. If it was a dyslectic feature it would be a text to speech - or speech to text feature. Changing font size help those of us who have bad eyesight, so it is a nice feature, but a totally unsuited and condescending name. Dyslectic people have a malfunction in the brain that makes it partly or totally impossible for them to code text into words. The size of the text makes no difference.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe my 2 years old daughter can help you programming better this game. Or maybe it's just someone's hobby and he's just writting it for fun because it is not only full of bugs but a lot of gameplay is absent as: all windows stay opened, the market is useless as it is not working properly and not updating the resources amywhere, tropps never finished or staying in the general's army ecc. This is only a big picture impression because i don't even dare to check the timing and sync of everything.

What are you doing?

These ideas came last year and you came up with an overnight writting game (not even copied) that few kids could do better.
    No resources? No money? Close everything and stop trying or if you really want to get something done look a little bit around(there are plenty of games where players spend thousand of euro just to have little bit of extra power) and find some new ideas on how to make a game worth playing and how to make some money with it.

At the moment this cannot even be called a joke as from few years till now all the new game implementations were just upon players requests to have a god mode on if they played everyday and after reaching game limit requesting for the next thing not even thinking to spend few euro to keep this thing on.

In conclusion: find a good organizer to make this game work and make some money with it

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Perhaps you should read the "about" page on the OpenDyslexic web page rather than just getting angry about it. It explains how the design of the typeface can help people with Dyslexia to understand the text.

Reply to Thread