Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: You fixed nothing

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Hiya Ozzy. So they should too, nothing wrong with +1ing something in the appropriate forum, Hell its not the end of the world if they place is in the wrong forum either. Location wasn't really the main point I was making. But I'm guessing you already knew that anyway.
    I guess I didn't explain my point very well here. Bobsie, in particular, expanded upon the points you were making, talking about
    "(encouraging) people to file a ticket if they have problems". However, from some of my conversations with support I have been given the distinct impression that as far as BB are concerned, the proper channel for relaying bugs reports to them is by filing a ticket, as they seem to weigh how much effort they need to devote to bugs by how many tickets it generates.

If that truly is the case, and the number of people posting "me too" messages in the bug report forums is not taken into account in that process, then I really have to wonder why those forums even exist. I know that I, for one, have not bothered reporting issues I have seen posted in the forums on the grounds that it is, therefore, obviously a known issue and it is far easier to just post saying "hey!.. I have this issue too", particularly during my early months of playing. I can't help but wonder how many other players have done the same... across all servers... and how many bugs that have been classified at a lower priority than they might have otherwise been, as a result.

Constructive criticism aimed at improving the game in a mature manor is always welcomed and the more people that provide it the better really, But a lot of what has been posted here over the past month or so hasn't been that.
    True.. but that is not a problem in of itself, rather it is merely a symptom of the culture Blue Byte has allowed, perhaps even encouraged, to flourish.

Bugs reported on test going live; updates that cause many players horrendous lag introduced to live servers that never even got a whiff a test in the first place; serious bugs that many players are complaining make the game "unplayable" that no-one at Blue Byte is publicly acknowledging exist, let alone seem like they want to fix; promises of re-balanced loot that is anything but balanced; repeated, unscheduled maintenances with minimal notice (at best) and poor communication as to the intention behind them; and, finally, confusing and/or badly translated information announced where the players' inability to comprehend is, effectively, blamed on their 'screaming' stupidity.

These are just the issues that I can mention off the top of my head because they have happened in the past couple of months... and they all have one common theme running through them. I would be more than surprised if people weren't lashing out in the face of this continuous stream of disrespect to their efforts to provide feedback, the quality of their gaming experience and their intelligence that has been apparent from Blue Byte of late.

As the old saying goes:

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

If the forum is filled with clamouring voices, then it is purely because they have a lot to clamour about of late.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    having contacted support several times in the past my experience leaves me not wanting to talk to them again....
    the game has some serious problems atm and its no good papering over them and pretending they do not exist....
    i understand lag/sync issues but it is neither a lag/sync issue when a gen leaves his garrison to attack 1 camp then veers of course to attack another...
    i also cant see it being a lag/sync issue when you gen jumps 60+secs straight to a camp after leaving his garrison.....

going by guild chat and whispers from ls swappers i am not the only one having this happen....its seems the majority are suffering some sort of similar issues when playing adventures....
    and it goes back to when pvp was introduced....therefore the only logical conclusion is that's where the problems lay.
    as there is no intention to remove it the people suffering are doomed to suffer until they can take no more and just leave them game out of frustration....

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    lost 360e because of a bug, santa better bring me a xbox or i am going to cut him

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    I have been given the distinct impression that as far as BB are concerned, the proper channel for relaying bugs reports to them is by filing a ticket, as they seem to weigh how much effort they need to devote to bugs by how many tickets it generates.
    Here is the description from the bugs & technical support forum:

Here is a place to report bugs that you encounter. If you can't find a solution to your problem here, don't forget to send a ticket to the support team through the support tool on our website.

If players really have fixing the game up as their priority then there is no reason not to 1) post within the bugs and technical forum and 2) report it via a ticket. Surly doing both of these would be a more productive use of time than posting in a General discussion sub forum? Regardless of any impression that has been given.

Bugs reported on test going live
    It has been stated by BB that even if bugs are moved from testing to live, the time spent between (reported bugs on test - deployment onto live) the team are given time to work on these.

I am sure there are deadlines within the company, People would soon complain if the Easter event was postponed due to bugs until June.

promises of re-balanced loot that is anything but balanced
    I don't remember where I read it, But I know I read it somewhere, BB have stated that this was the first iteration, We cant judge something as an end product when it certainly may not be one.

repeated, unscheduled maintenances with minimal notice (at best)
    This is a free to play game we as a player base do not pay any subscription charges therefore we are not owed any certain level of service, Many people are screaming for a fix, Yet when BB try to act people complain over the down time. Seems a no win situation really.

where the players' inability to comprehend is effectively, blamed
    I doubt the player base is unable to comprehend, or even being blamed.
    But I know of many people who failed to read/understand the dev diary on a number of points.

As an example:

The Dev diary clearly stated that

"Epic Raids" would be changed, Yet how many players in game were under the impression that RB/DB/BK combat was to be altered, Even though they were described at "Epic Adventures" I personally told more than a few people only to be told I was wrong. Yet here we are exactly where I said we would be.

I did have to rush my post there. I have one eye on the clock as im working again (I would have loved to be able to reread yours and mine again) I know I didn't cover everything but my time is up until tomorrow
    Last edited by Brayarg; 22.12.14 at 11:38.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    having contacted support several times in the past my experience leaves me not wanting to talk to them again....
    the game has some serious problems atm and its no good papering over them and pretending they do not exist....
    i understand lag/sync issues but it is neither a lag/sync issue when a gen leaves his garrison to attack 1 camp then veers of course to attack another...
    i also cant see it being a lag/sync issue when you gen jumps 60+secs straight to a camp after leaving his garrison.....

going by guild chat and whispers from ls swappers i am not the only one having this happen....its seems the majority are suffering some sort of similar issues when playing adventures....
    and it goes back to when pvp was introduced....therefore the only logical conclusion is that's where the problems lay.
    as there is no intention to remove it the people suffering are doomed to suffer until they can take no more and just leave them game out of frustration....
    You would think multiple down times over a 2 day period wasn't a company trying to pretend they do not exist, But trying to resolve the issue.

At least that's what my logic dictates.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    no wishing to argue but my own logic would dictate that when they themselves write the reason for down time was to "optimize the game" that would not indicate they fixing anything...unless the used the wrong word/phrase and meant fix :P
    in which cause it did'nt fix anything hence the topic of this thread.
    although i am not one if the most knowledgeable in the game i can only go by my own experiences and that of what others tell me...

World
    Newfoundland
    Much of the issues can be sync based issues, they may well have been optimizing to minimise them, Maybe future optimizing is still needed too.

Still does not reflect a company not trying.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

"Epic Raids" would be changed, Yet how many players in game were under the impression that RB/DB/BK combat was to be altered, Even though they were described at "Epic Adventures" I personally told more than a few people only to be told I was wrong. Yet here we are exactly where I said we would be.
    Not wanting to be overly pedantic, but.. was there an earlier occasion when Fairytale Adventures had been referred to as "Epic Raids"? As fair as I was aware, the word "Epic" had only been used to describe adventures such as RB/BK/DB up until that point. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people misunderstood, but I would like to state that perhaps a case for misinformation could be put here.

(For what it's worth, I read the dev diaries and realised that it meant FT adventures, and also spent some time in the help tab trying to reassure people that their usual "epic" adventures had not been changed). It's all about communication... If information isn't clear, people are likely to misinterpret it.

ETA: I have been informed that they did indeed used to be known as epic raids.. Who knew?!
    Last edited by bobsie; 22.12.14 at 14:18.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    The biggest issues I have with the recent changes are:-

1. The complete nerfing of expert resources in loot, they go beyond the stated 'rebalancing' and are a blatant attempt to cut the amount available so that people resort to buying more gems. Furthermore, as to why people are now 'complaining about this when the information has been available for ages', I disagree, BB did not publish the loot tables and it is an impossible task to test every adventure multiple times to get a feel for loot when there are new versions being deployed on test every few days and island resets etc. From the testing that was possible, the community on the test server overwhelmingly gave bad feedback on the loot changes but BB carried on regardless. THIS IS AN ISSUE BB CAN EASILY FIX BUT IT CHOOSES NOT TO!

2. The complete lack of any balance in PVP of cost vs reward. Sorry, but if I am to invest my time and effort playing a piece of game content it either needs to be A. rewarding or B, fun. This PVP implementation is neither. Again, THIS IS AN ISSUE BB CAN EASILY FIX BUT IT CHOOSES NOT TO!

I do believe BB are making an effort to resolve bugs and to take the game forward in their own way but I don't agree with how they are doing it.

With regards to the people that keep saying that the playing community are just a bunch of negative whingers. I am a big proponent of the game, I have played since May 2012, I do not whinge in the game, I just play, chat and help others. The forum is the place to whinge about BB's mistakes as I second people's sentiments that the game support team are a waste of space. This game may be 'free to play' but many people have invested considerable amounts of real money in gems, why should they just accept that BB has nerfed and broken the whole game and walk away without any fuss? If the forum happens to be full of whines, it's time BB actually took a look at why that is.. As paying customers we are entitled to expect a certain level of service. Yes, there is an element of people who should take the time to read and understand things better but there's also a lot of information not being made available and a lot of genuine issues that players are having.

As far as I'm concerned, "the whingers", "the negative people" making the most noise about these problems are the people that actually give two hoots about the game and actually want to see it succeed.

If people just silently accept whatever BB unilaterally decides to implement then nothing will ever improve and BB will just give itself a pat on the back for a job well done each time while the game burns in ruins.

In my opinion, BB must increase PVP loot considerably and re-instate expert loot drops to adventures if it wants this game to continue to prosper.
    Last edited by Baggis; 22.12.14 at 15:39.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Here is the description from the bugs & technical support forum:

Here is a place to report bugs that you encounter. If you can't find a solution to your problem here, don't forget to send a ticket to the support team through the support tool on our website.

If players really have fixing the game up as their priority then there is no reason not to 1) post within the bugs and technical forum and 2) report it via a ticket. Surly doing both of these would be a more productive use of time than posting in a General discussion sub forum? Regardless of any impression that has been given.
    *SIGH*... you're completely missing my point.. never mind.

It has been stated by BB that even if bugs are moved from testing to live, the time spent between (reported bugs on test - deployment onto live) the team are given time to work on these.

I am sure there are deadlines within the company, People would soon complain if the Easter event was postponed due to bugs until June.
    Though I do not hang on every word put out by BB, I am also far from oblivious to information put out over the News Pages, forums, etc. and I must say I have not seen that stated anywhere. Even if that is the case, then there is obviously not enough time being allowed. Yes, I appreciate that events are somewhat time sensitive but Colony Mode certainly was not time sensitive and there was no schedule that said it had to be deployed when it was other than one of the company's own making... same goes for other non-event deployments recently that have caused serious issues.

I don't remember where I read it, But I know I read it somewhere, BB have stated that this was the first iteration, We cant judge something as an end product when it certainly may not be one.
    Again, I have not seen that anywhere. However, you'll have to forgive me if the track record of fixing non-urgent issues that make it onto the live servers is not stellar... neither is their record of giving further support/expansion to features after initial deployment and any serious teething problems. I have seen bugs that have taken many months to be fixed.... others I still see today months after I first noticed them. I can't see further re-balancing being given a high priority, especially in the shadow of the deadline for the next event... and the one after that.

This is a free to play game we as a player base do not pay any subscription charges therefore we are not owed any certain level of service, Many people are screaming for a fix, Yet when BB try to act people complain over the down time. Seems a no win situation really.
    What of those that have paid significant amount of money.. are they not owed something in return for their investment? Besides that, it would seem to me that the sound policy, when you are running a game where buying is optional, that you should be doing your utmost to encourage people to purchase and that the first priority in that process should be the provision of a stable platform that players can feel confident about investing in, especially when items such as gem pits are involved, which take many months to validate their purchase. Introducing bugs with update after update, especially ones that have already been identified on the test server, is extremely counter intuitive to that priority, in my mind anyway.... and I very much doubt anyone could say anything to dissuade me from that opinion.

I doubt the player base is unable to comprehend, or even being blamed.
    From earlier in this very thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    ...there were a pile of posts regarding the mass confusion over the population "fix". Sandycove was told they were the screaming of the technically unsophisticated.
    But I know of many people who failed to read/understand the dev diary on a number of points.

As an example:

"Epic Raids" would be changed, Yet how many players in game were under the impression that RB/DB/BK combat was to be altered... <SNIP>
    Sorry, but you'll have to provide me with a better example than this if you want to shift a significant onus onto the misunderstanding of players. I have seen that "Epic Raids" designation being a source of confusion as to whether or not they counted as 'Epic' since day one of their introduction. I have NEVER seen anyone use that term to describe the Tailor Adventures in game... it is always Fairy Tale or FT. We may be where you said we would be.. but as soon as I saw the term "Epic Raid" on an FT adventure description I knew it would cause confusion... and so it has... exactly as I said it would on day one.

Reply to Thread