Thread: [Feedback] Exotic Wood Tree School

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    no imagination...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The problem is that developers do not play the game and have no idea of reality! The design of the building is cool but everything else is wrong...
    I only hope you read all of this comments carefully and re-work the building...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Imo make it an infinite resource building and cut 90% of the wood it gives, and who would upgrade it to level 5 if its finite and non renewable?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The building itself is pretty and it would be nice to finally see something in line with the long requested Forester/Cutter to go with the EMill but right now its cost/usefulness make it really quite unappeali... I'm sorry, I'm trying to be serious but in all honesty I laughed. A good, malice-free, laugh of pure merriment. Cost: Too high - Capacity: Too low - Prod time: Too slow - Upgrade costs: Too o.o
    And! After all that, you are only "allowed" to buy one every seven days!
    Altogether: Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    the main problem is the clumsy name...
    The name really is a bit of a mouthful. The orig (from .de's Dev Diary here) isn't so bad:

but our:

is pretty bad. Too it seems the Trans-bot got tangled again, the word that's wanted in English is "Nursery" (a place where plants are raised) not "School" (a place where plants are... ).
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 20.12.13 at 16:29. Reason: Added link to orig image. Forgot the cooldown!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    we need pvp adventure maps to buy instead and mechanics for that,tso is not making any good breakthroughs and thats sad for a good titlename.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The building is rubbish, for all the reasons stated above. Hopefully they'll improve somewhat on it, though I'd not expect too much. They seem to rely on an outpouring of indignation and players with math skills to make the balancing somewhat "realistic"

For some reason the word "troll" keeps popping into my mind when I think of the recent buildings that BB have introduced. I have visions of the developers sitting in their offices thinking: "what can we do next to rile our player base". Evil laughter to follow... ( that is meant tongue in cheek).

I do like the Xmas event though
    Last edited by BlueFairy; 20.12.13 at 16:30.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with almost all players above. Completely over-priced and even it was cheaper i will not buy it with the gem. Make it viable economically by looking at actual price for the ExWood and make it worth while. Perhaps something along the line of deer stalker which needs no deposit nor refill then I may consider it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I am afraid that addition of new items like this one will make the game less challenging. If you want to introduce new buildings like that one, make sure that it is going to be available only to the players who plays at the 50th and have a little to do anyway.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Total Garbage... Only way it will work if it is unlimited production or the gem cost is lowered to 100 gems.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    So I've tested the school as fully as possible and here's my report:

So far as I can see, the Exotic wood school is neither a benfit or a terrible building. It's really a building that if you feel you need the ability to control the production of your exotic wood logs instead of relying on the quests or the treasure finds, then go ahead and purchase it.

For the price, you could buy 2000 or so Exotic wood logs, but if you were to carefully buff this building, which in itself is an expense of other resources, it would yield at most 5000 Exotic wood if buffed with quadruple buffs for the entirety of it's production cycle.

The time it takes to upgrade this building to level 5 is equal to that of a mine, but I have to say that the fact it costs 64% of the production value in exotic wood to upgrade is a deterant for me. As well the Prodcuction time is PAINFULLY slow, at 41 Min and 40 seconds, with an addition of travel time dependant on how close to the storehouse of Mayor's House you are.

The fact that this is a depleting deposit of Exotic wood makes it less desirable. At least if it was permanent we could feel we were getting our Gems worth out of this building.

I honestly see no value to this building other than as a novelty or status symbol. It literally says I have the money/gems to spend on an exotic wood school, look at me. At E 16.63 or $22.75 American I would say it's cost is less than an Epic Wood Yard, which is another can of worms entirely, probably more paletable since this Exotic Wood School takes up the same space as a regular building and doesn't cost an army of resources to fully upgrade. The fact that you can buy an unlimited amount of this building seems to be geared towards people who have gems to spend on this kind of frivolity.

Reply to Thread