Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold coins and gold mine

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Gold coins and gold mine

First the gold in gold mines are 2 low(300) and building the buildings for gold mine has no reason cuz for recorces u need to build them u get more gold coins on trade than u would earn in making coins.
    something needs to be done about this thing or the gold mine and its buildings has to be removed from the game.
    If anione has any sugestions about that or anithing to say post here cuz something needs to change.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, I guess someone must produce coins in order to sell them on the market.

That being said, I think coins are vastly underestimated on market. There are offers of 80 coins for 400 gold ore - You can only produce 50 coins from 400 gold ore. Constant buffing?

World
    Northisle
    it's been said and done, gold mining isn't what you supposed to build at requirement lvl building.
    it works, and it is profitable.

when you upgrade most of your building to lvl 3, then HWP & Marble is no longer need except for mines, so probably at higher lvl you will have lot's spare of those (if you not selling it)

but well, I don't build it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    well if u sell hardwood and marble for coins 400/25 for recorces u have to use to construct 1 mine with just 300 ore its better to sell matirials the difrence is big 150/90 not counting tools

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by predator115 View Post
    well if u sell hardwood and marble for coins 400/25 for recorces u have to use to construct 1 mine with just 300 ore its better to sell matirials the difrence is big 150/90 not counting tools
    Those prices are bound to come down... sell as much as you can now, while the prices are high.
    In Newfoundland marble and hardwood planks are currently trading between 10 and 15 coins per stack, and tools not much higher.
    You'd get less than 200 coins for the materials needed to build the mines, so I've stopped selling and am building mines instead.
    A fully buffed (18 hours per day, resting 6 hours) gold production chain gives 300 coins from each mine.

And yes, everyone who is mining gold ore, is certainly having them active only when they are buffed.
    If not, put them to sleep and wait till they can be buffed again.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by predator115 View Post
    Learn some basic english gramma.. and learn how to spell.. Is hard to know what you're talking about.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Certainly the trade system needs work. a more direct comparison of cost would be much appreciated. For instance, most 'trades' seem to be optimistic/mean in their requirements- for example, putting 400 fish = 400 water. That is technically overpricing the fish by 100%. Some are obviously jokes or mistakes; 400 water = 400 gold coin, for example. A way of directly comparing would be good. I look forward to the new system.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Patthedog View Post
    Certainly the trade system needs work. a more direct comparison of cost would be much appreciated. For instance, most 'trades' seem to be optimistic/mean in their requirements- for example, putting 400 fish = 400 water. That is technically overpricing the fish by 100%. Some are obviously jokes or mistakes; 400 water = 400 gold coin, for example. A way of directly comparing would be good. I look forward to the new system.
    Cant be done- Relative values change over time depending on supply and demand and future needs of people. This is all server dependant as well

Sellers usually ask more than buyers are posting as well in trade tab and prices vary depending on how quickly someone needs the other resource/coin and so sometimes will sell much cheaper to quickly offload items

The list is pretty long so any trade stsrem is basically a ool for players to use to set their own prices for items. Even stuff like production cost doesnt figure into pricing for some items as the major supply comes from adventure rewards (think cannon, dama swords, xbows)

and as to gold production- as stated many times (and also remarked in the thread) - run em buffed at all times

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Patthedog View Post
    Actually it's nowhere near as simple as that. 400 fish = 400 water, well actually that's a reasonable assumption - both take ~3 min to produce, neither are a completely 'free' resource as wells need replacing and fish need topping up. Neither are directly dependant upon another chain, so it's not an unreasonable 1 to 1 price. On the subject of usage, fish are more valuable as they can be used to produce buffs and replace meat stocks. So what cost comparison is "right"? That's before we even consider supply and demand

The only ones that really annoy me is when somebody is offering 50 marble for 400 stone, or 50 hardwood planks for 400 pine planks.

However back on the original topic, I do feel that gold mines are a little odd in that they seem to be designed specifically for people who are constantly buffing the whole gold coin chain in order to be profitable. Those players likely already have a solid economy so it's likely that those coins really only go on building upgrades or to other established players who are trading high end goods (granite, titanium, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Those prices are bound to come down... sell as much as you can now, while the prices are high.
    In Newfoundland marble and hardwood planks are currently trading between 10 and 15 coins per stack, and tools not much higher.
    You'd get less than 200 coins for the materials needed to build the mines, so I've stopped selling and am building mines instead.
    A fully buffed (18 hours per day, resting 6 hours) gold production chain gives 300 coins from each mine.

And yes, everyone who is mining gold ore, is certainly having them active only when they are buffed.
    If not, put them to sleep and wait till they can be buffed again.
    Right, I've not set up a gold chain yet but have looked into if it'd be worth it - I'm one fight away from level 26 so not quite into adventures either

1 x Level 3 Gold Mine will product 600 ore (buffed) in 20 hours for a cost of 1400 Hardwood Planks; 1400 Marble; 1500 Tools (Plus 1500 Tools for upgrade). Buff cost is 3 x baskets + 1 x Solid Sandwich: 400 fish, 140 bread & 60 sausage.
    Unless you're topping up a gold mine, there is very little point in levelling up beyond level 3 as a level 3 mine will extract 300 gold ore in 20 hours thus depleting the mine in a day.

1 x Level 3 Gold Smelter will convert 600 ore into 600 bars (buffed) in 40 hours. Buff cost is 6 x baskets + 2 x solid sandwich: 800 fish, 280 bread & 360 sausage.
    As a gold smelter is a permanent structure I've not included it's build cost. Level 3 can be done without exotic wood or granite

1 x Level 1 Coinage will convert 600 bars into 300 coins (buffed) in 120 hours. Buff cost is 20 x baskets: 2400 fish, 800 bread, 400 sausage.
    As a coinage is a permanent structure I've not included it's build cost. Upgrading requires exotic wood and granite so building is left at level 1.

Taking average price from: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...re-price-sheet

Total cost:
    1400 Hardwood Planks (3.5 stacks @ 11 gc = 38.5gc)
    1400 Marble (3.5 stacks @ 11gc = 38.5gc)
    3000 Tools (7.5 stacks @ 13gc = 97.5gc)
    3600 Fish (9 stacks @ 2gc = 18gc)
    1220 Bread (3 stacks @ 9gc = 18gc)
    820 Sausage (2 stacks @ 28gc = 56gc)
    Total price to produce 300gc: 266.5gc

So you're talking bags of work for 33.5gc net profit. Personally I'd rather produce vast quantities of sausage and sell stacks of them

Note: it would cost 4500 Hardwood; 4500 Marble; 5500 Tools to build level 1 smelter & coinage, plus 1600gc; 2500 Marble to upgrade the smelter. Total cost is around 2026gc to build that set up.

Reply to Thread