Closed Thread

Thread: 15000 lost gems!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

15000 lost gems!

On the 25th or 26th March 2014 i bought £25 of gems in the 3X deal (16800 gems). On the 28th of March most of them were gone. I worked out that they had been used to instantly upgrade 4 buildings. I contacted support as i knew i had not done this. They confirmed the amounts and time the upgrades were done. 2 nobles from level 3 to 4, a gold smelter from level 1 to 2 and a friary from level 4 to level 5. All four were done within a minute with the buildings spanning from (using 1 on the keypad) the top left corner of sector one just off the screen to the top right corner. I tried to let support know that me or anyone else with access to my computer could or would have done this, that the upgrades made no sense to my economy anyway and i was happy to destroy the buildings to get my gems back. They investigated and said there was no bug or glitch that caused it and it was done through the UI and confirmed each time. I again tried to say i didnt do it, they made no sense, id destroy the buildings for the gems back and that i still had to spend the gems in game so neither BB or Ubisoft would lose out on money but they again refused. Im after any help i can get really, if there is any, as its a lot of gems to lose that i cant afford to.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm no legal nut, But its gonna be hard for people to answer this, legislation would differ from one country to the next. To be honest with you digital legislation in the Uk is very weak and your consumer rights are no where near as strong as they would be had you bought a hard copy. Off the top of my head without using google, I would imagine your best/strongest hand would be, If you used a credit card, you are automatically entitled to some protection, Its still going to be a difficult fight. Im sorry I didn't quite follow how you lost the gems, pushing the "1" key on the number pad, upgraded them via gems?

World
    Newfoundland
    I think if I was in your shoes, I would (you in the Uk)? contact Ofcom, on the grounds that you were supplied with a *product* at a *price* but you feel that the retailer who was trading under Uk law (the company agrees to this by making sales in the territory) didn't place any sort of fail safe measures to keep your *purchase* safe, due to this the products where lost without your knowledge or consent.

World
    Sandycove
    This is not a discussion that should be held on this forum.
    If you want someone to look at it again I suggest you contact BB_Ravel via the private message system on the forum

[Thread closed]

Closed Thread