Reply to Thread

Thread: Enforcing region control

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Enforcing region control

Hi all.

Lately I have been having trouble connecting using FF, and I can connect only through IE. Contacted support about this, and it looks like I should not even be able to connect at all, because I am on a UK server and I should connect only from UK. Now, given I travel a lot, that would mean not being able to play at all. Yes, I understand I can live without TSO, but I was wondering if you guys had the same understanding.

Other implications, of course, are that if you live in a country you are forced to use the server(s) and therefore language of that country - not necessarily a good thing, IMO...

Thoughts?

Cheers,

CB

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think it's mainly to divide players over different server to not overload one. If everyone could come to this server then there could be to many for the server to handle, which would result in a login Que where you needed to wait in a Que for people to log off so you could do your stuff. That would result in even more frustration from people.

I can understand it's annoying though, but i also think its necessary to handle the load to keep things more stable.

Reply to Thread