Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas event - First information

World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] Christmas event - First information

Please feel free to leave your feedback in this thread!

The original news thread can be found here.

Thanks,
    Fexno

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Even though this is just a rough version i'll say:

Good things
    - Collectibles and the possibility of making presents are awesome
    - Finally a much needed feature added with the new provision house. 5 times greater deposit making is awesome. Same goes for the x3 buffs. Prices for resources are right for once
    - A good thing to see the deer stalker and coal recycle again. New players can get their hands on these awesome buildings while veteran players can get more if they so desire.
    - Arctic iron mine on the shop is also nice as not everyone can do Nords 2 adventure due to gem / coin price.
    - New content added on top of the old event like 3 new adventures. That is always a good thing.

The Bad:

- Village school buff is way to expensive for that it offers...
    - Save the xmas feast adventure is for sale in the shop yet the loot offers no presents. Why would anyone spend gems on it? The fact that is not tradeable makes it even worse.

TBD

- Have not tested the new adventures yet so no idea about losses and loot.
    - Calendar thingie is interesting but have yet to determine how it works...

World
    Newfoundland
    I really love the new collectibles (the old ones as well but, you know). I went on the test server only briefly, to see what snow-covered island looked like, and I really, really hope this won't be the final look. For one, everything is just desaturated (even the deer) and kinda pixel-y, but the worst are collectibles: I can't see them at all. Finding them is more random probability because they are so contrastless and colourless that they look like iced over patches of grass. Not to mention that their original pretty design is completely lost to this snow effect. And the the collection effect looks really weird. I guess I expected something more Thomas Kinkade-esque. haha

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i looked on the test server specially on the new prov house... what does the magical ink do it as null text and when i made some they never showed up?
    also the new x3 buffs at a gold ore price will that make them too expensive for the gain? game is down so cant work the math out but no doubt someone will have already so would be interested in knowing the gain or loss on using theses buffs on gold mines

World
    Newfoundland
    New Prov house is rubbish. The gold ore defeats the object and at a time when there are plant of x3 buffs in the game you release another….and only make it 6 hours.

Advent calendar is very good i like it.

Collectables are rubbish….but they are rubbish anyway.

I think both Cookies and Brew buffs are cheap this year, not sure can't remember, which is good

More than 1 recycler please.

haven't tried much else, looks better as a whole than last year.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Bringing bk the xmas daily quests is a great idea. Halloween was so boring, Kill the golem over and over
    Also unless your planning to give everybody a free recycler on xmas day again id suggest having that limit increased to 3 maybe on those.
    3 deerhuts sound about right (same as last year), but after increasing amount of items u can buy at Easter and now Halloween (schools, explorers etc) id expect this to change.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can expect that making up new stuff ain't easy but Halloween event was the exact same as last year, nothing new, just the Golem. So, i hope x-mas will bring more that that, because i thought Halloween event sucked. Never have I seen prices on special items fall so fast. Usually its 20 gc per item in the beginning but pumpkins didn't make it beyond 10 I think. So, it needs to be better.

But, it sounds good from the dev diary so I am hopeful and will stay home and play all out december :-)

World
    Sandycove
    I love the new xmas event, tho I would like the school buff to be a permanent item to be made in the Prv house2 in future to save on bread

Saying that, the stuff to be had in the PH2 is pretty dire, Im hoping they eventually add or rework the items that can be made there. Perhaps also move the collectibles buffs there in the future?

The advent calendar looks superb and Im really looking forward to that

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    New Prov house is rubbish. The gold ore defeats the object and at a time when there are plant of x3 buffs in the game you release another….and only make it 6 hours.
    6 hours and self buff only. prov house cant be upgraded so its productivity is awfully low..
    Last edited by sk3l370n; 21.11.13 at 22:37.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3l370n View Post
    6 hours and self buff only. prov house cant be upgraded (or buffed?) so its productivity is awfully low..
    You can buf friend

Event is much better than last xmas event.

New ph is great, finally i can make fish/meat deposit.

Reply to Thread