Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    Northisle fail on community quest phase2. other servers?
    The goal was shared between all servers in the world

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    Northisle fail on community quest phase2. other servers?
    What is it about the word GLOBAL that you dont understand?
    German servers failed, polish servers failed, US server failed, russian servers failed we all failed.

Oh well in fact BB failed, they set that insane amount as goal afterall.....
    Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny31 View Post
    wow u did well then didnt realise there was 7k worth of balloons to be had from non fesival sources plus not everyone can dump out the mortars ar the highest level hence why I said averaged most you could get from the festival hall is around 28-29k over 14 days so rest has to come from quests etc
    I don't know but we're supposedly "celebrating" (big lol) the 10th anniversary of TSO, which means as the game gets older so hardened players becomes more experienced from one year to the next.
    We've never had so many diverse and strong gens, buffs to remove camps etc.
    So dealing with mortars 24/7 over the course of a 3 weeks event, shouldn't be much of an issue for the aforementioned players.
    As such, many can feel aggravated by BB's decision to throw near impossible figures to achieve, as they feel they've contributed really decently.

For whatever reason, BB, as they already did during last Valentine's event, seem to believe the tougher the event, the better it is to be played.

I wonder how most players, seasoned or not, will feel about being punished by having a dangling carrot being removed in front of their nose, simply because the "powers that be" have decided to not reward their community...

I've not bought any gem in ages and that will not happen in the near future. I too can play that "game" of having something someone might want but opting eventually not to part with it.
    Let's see how that pans out

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    hmmm. was all servers then. lol
    Lets get the phase 3 then.
    If i exclude this missing, this is the best event ever!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    BB could have discretely topped us up over the week-end or given us another day BUT the rewards from the other quests have been VERY good so I'm not that put out about missing the goal. I'll end up with so many kill buffs that the Mountain campaign is going to be very easy for a while.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm surprised that BB did not have a backup solution. Donation machine to employ in case it was needed to ensure completion or something like that. Community goal is such a floating target prone to unpredictability. it's just important that we get it. Period. No sane person is gonna spend money to buy balloons for gems in face of dozens of millions missing. It's not like personal target. Psychological negative effect of failure in these terms just plays against the fun of the game and helps nothing and nobody.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    In a event like this there are different ways the game designers can fail. Firstly due to a software bug but as there have been no reports of any bugs with donations we can rule this out. Secondly there is hardware failure but as we did not experience a server outage we can also discount this. This leaves just one possibility a failure in the planning stage.

BB once again showed a total lack of judging the impact upon the whole game due to their decisions, they have a long history of adding stuff without asking the question how will it affect what is already in-game. Example they add a new improved building and fail to adjust the quests and buffs to take the new building into account, waiting until we moan about them here on the forums.

This time they are guilty of failing to consider the impact of the new celebration quests upon balloon donations.

Donation phase I the players achieved with a comfortable margin.

Donation phase II the players failed. Sure we got some encouragement to donate what we had in storage but a percentage of whats in stores would be held in the stores of players who due to real life are not in a position to log in to donate. This makes a mockery of the statements we had that there was already enough balloons made. On top of this BB have in-acted a policy of increasing the targets every year, this policy means they are setting us up to fail eventually.

The Celebration quests also introduced another failure point. In the first week we was busy running these quests which gave us a additional balloon income. However over time the higher level players have lost this income due to completing all celebration quests, as time goes on the percentage of the player base who reach this point is increasing.

The responsibility for this fiasco rests squarely on BB's shoulders and we all know they can only atone for this is by giving us the phase II rewards.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland

Talking I like they read the forum ;-)

Regular reward are good.

I think BB have too all the data. People is acting is something diffrent then only having the data without action.

I think the warning by BB mod/admin on the forum as they did today was beter on friday. Then people had time to remeber the announcement and see it daily when login.

Because lots of people do not read the forum so did not act on time to get the community donation goal.

So hope at the end of the event we make it.

The future will proof if the data en full warehouse where the only trues

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Updates for phase 2 and 3 can be found on our homepage, social media, and in-game - please check it
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 14.09.20 at 15:00.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    As a level 54 player, I have found Misty Cake to be impossible. I don't understand why I'd be expected to defeat enemies normally found on adventures I'm not even at a high enough level to play. I just had the opportunity to unlock the elite barracks, but can't generate the right troops to defeat these camps without tremendous losses and buff kills. So I'm having to use gems to complete the quest in order to continue, but it is getting expensive...

Reply to Thread