Reply to Thread

Thread: problems logging in

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Exclamation problems logging in

Hi,

I play via the European English portal and I log in with my Facebook account. I live in Romania, but I prefer the English version. Long story short, about once or twice a day for the past 3 days since I've played, whenever I typed in thesettlersonline.com/en, I'd get bumped to .com.br, which is Brazil. No amount of cache clearing, cookie blocking, switching comps or browsers helped. I use Chrome for my daily browsing.

I tried logging in via the US server with Facebook, but it gave me a whole new account, which was obviously weird, since I only wanted to play the game, not create multiple accounts (if any of the mods can delete the US server one, I'd appreciate it).

And that's about it, if anyone has an idea about what's happening, I'd be grateful. It's a great game and I'm hooked. I'd really like to keep playing it. Is there any way to connect my current Facebook account to a solid ingame account I can access through any portal I get kicked at?

Thanks,

MD

World
    Sandycove
    What happens if you enter www.thesettlersonline.com/en/homepage ?

You can always change your region in the dropdown on the top left of the settlersonline homepage.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i got routed to .com.br/pt/homepage. i just fixed it, the people in the help chat were, unsurprisingly, helpful. basically if you dissalow the settlers app from facebook, you get an email from uplay about merging your accounts. and it works, i now log in via the game's database, not via fb

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Im having the same problem. I get redirected to brazilian settlers page. I can't select EU server from dropbox and it i write english page in browser i automaticly get redirected to brasilian page again.
    Intersting is that i can go to any other server (german, czech, ...) except eu and engilsh.
    Please help.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by perodifovec View Post
    Im having the same problem. I get redirected to brazilian settlers page. I can't select EU server from dropbox and it i write english page in browser i automaticly get redirected to brasilian page again.
    Intersting is that i can go to any other server (german, czech, ...) except eu and engilsh.
    Please help.
    Have you tried clearing any browser cache?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    already fixed

World
    Newfoundland
    I am having the same problem. I use the website direct, no problems the first couple of days, then today i get kicked to the brazilian site from my bookmark of the European english site. Can't select the european site from the dropdown. If I type in the address or select from the google listing, same thing. BUT if I select www.thesettlersonline.com/en from the browser history, the english webpage shows for just a second before rerouting to the brazilian page, so if i am super quick, I can click the play button, before the page changes. Have tried clearing history, cache, restarting modem. I live in Germany, so no where near Brazil.
    What is going on?

Update
    I may have found the source of the problem: my DNS thingy (i am not super computer literate), anyway have changed my DNS settings and that seems to have fixed it for now
    Last edited by Kit_; 04.08.13 at 09:33.

Reply to Thread