Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 13/02/2014 - postponed

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Change Log 13/02/2014 - postponed

Please leave feedback for this Change Log below.

Thank you!

Ravel
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 04.02.14 at 10:16.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have made the assumption the transition from old mail window to new mail window will mean no loss of current messages (adventure loot, failed trades, etc) and they will all move over?

World
    Sandycove
    if this new mail window comes will all old mails i have this moment be deleted ?
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    New Mail System and Epic Woodyard together - A big update!
    I know both of these have been thoroughly tested in the Test Server, so I hope throwing them both in won't break anything or introduce any bugs.

Personally, I like the new mail system much more than the old one, but not sure I'll have an Epic Woodyard just yet - my storehouses are permanently full of Pinewood and Hardwood (both logs and planks), so I'd only use it for Exotic Wood, and to get to that stage, I have to complete lots of quests to provide ridiculous amounts of resources... I'd rather just keep all those resources, thanks - a new Exotic Wood Mill is cheaper and smaller.

The Production Chain updates are nice, but to be honest, they are all how the game should work anyway, so I feel that they are more bug-fixes than an optimisation of the production system.

The other bug-fixes don't really affect me, but I'm sure they will make some people happy...

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wait just a minute. Is this the mail with the outbox and context menu? Or is it the mailbox that we currently have on the test server? Epic Wood Yard...Meh. Good luck with that one.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    Wait just a minute. Is this the mail with the outbox and context menu? Or is it the mailbox that we currently have on the test server?
    Should be the semi-sorted one currently only on .pl. One hopes. Sort of. The outbox is back on .pl but is still being tweaked. Even the semi-sorted one may well still provide Help at least one new Question of the Day:

Reply = Button-with-Books-on. Just... not at all intuitive. Here's hoping for some further alterations to this and a few other bits of strangeness before New Mail arrives everywhere.

Pics snipped from the Test server 'cause it's in English.

EDIT: With .pl's rollback to a previous game version the outbox has gone again. The hidden "Reply" (among other things) has so far remained from Test to .pl and through each version there. Sooo... Quetxalcoatl knows what will happen in the end. o.O And aye, I know this was already corrected a few posts down, just loathe leaving my own wrong info sitting publicly when I can change it.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 06.02.14 at 20:32. Reason: source of images - incorrect info edit

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    I have made the assumption the transition from old mail window to new mail window will mean no loss of current messages (adventure loot, failed trades, etc) and they will all move over?
    Quote Originally Posted by matie2506 View Post
    if this new mail window comes will all old mails i have this moment be deleted ?
    Old message mail, Explorer finds and quest rewards should stay, not sure if old loot and expired trades stay or get flung automatically to storage. This based on info from .pl so subject to change but that's how it's been working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    New Mail System and Epic Woodyard together - A big update!
    I know both of these have been thoroughly tested in the Test Server, so I hope throwing them both in won't break anything or introduce any bugs.
    Unfortunately this isn't terribly accurate. The Epic Workyard had a decent run and some solid feedback in the forum there from a number of players and it is what it is but New Mail hit the Polish servers as a complete mess. While there were a few changes made during testing it didn't get as much feedback in the test forum, some of what there was was ignored and some of it for some reason gave the deeply flawed thing two thumbs up. Players on .pl have been struggling through several versions of it now since the 9th of January and it still has problems, the version they have currently is fairly different from the one still on the Test and while it is much improved it is not perfect by any means. Why it went live in its earlier state in the first place remains something of a mystery, it didn't work anything like any email anyone is familiar with.

.pl's update on the 9th introduced a whole host of other issues as well, some that were on the Test but slipped through either without comment or with so few posts it seems likely they were overlooked because they didn't appear to be major problems. Fortunately for the rest of the world there has been a lot of immediate feedback from players on the Polish servers and BB seem to be responding fairly quickly and patching madly, though some of those patches are a little strange in themselves downright bizarre.

Edit: Just now .pl are down for a few hours for "an additional technical break" to fix some of the *hinky* introduced with today's update, were it at all possible I'd happily buy them all a round of Brew or beverage-of-choice at this point. /edit

Aside from a handful of very determined players the Test server has been deadly quiet for a while now, for a number of perfectly understandable reasons a lot of people have given up on it. Thing is, without good consistent feedback in that forum from more people addressing both newly introduced game elements and the shiny new bugs that go with almost any change in coding it is absolutely certain that strange things will go live, even when it seems screamingly obvious they shouldn't.

Best thing for it really is not only to get more active players actually playing a bit here: http://www.tsotesting.com but also posting feedback and bug reports here: http://forum.tsotesting.com/forum.php. Granted that won't guarantee perfection, clearly, but it does offer the best chance of catching problems before they invade live games and more posts mean the new BB there has more to work with.

All that said, I've also been more or less avoiding both the server and the forum there for a while now. Time to give it one more go I think.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 04.02.14 at 18:39. Reason: Why the Test Server should be used in place of *live worlds* to test things.

World
    Sandycove
    we have been discussing in guild about the changes to the workyards under the production chains. Can someone confirm if this will affect the forresters/cutters scenario as was posted on test forum before here:

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...light=forester
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 04.02.14 at 16:37.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    BB_Ravel please can you confirm ASAP whether the new mail interface is as per the link you posted, or as per the current test server version, as per the above posts by Saraptheold and Iolanthe. Specifically... will 'Outbox' and 'Reply All' be implemented on 13 Feb?

BB in general: as per usual, whatever good ideas you come up, your ability to implement them and far more importantly your abysmal communication completely overshadow them!
    Last edited by toastkid; 04.02.14 at 16:54. Reason: typo

World
    Sandycove
    Ok I was going to wait till the 13th, as it was confirmed in the last `Changed logs' by BB_ Ravel that these were a heads up for what and when new content was being implemented. However most of the above comments are high lighting an obvious flaw in this system.
    Its great that we are being informed using the changed logs, but the feedback then falls apart when the information supplied is not up to date and relevant to the intended content being implemented, rather than what has been proposed, seen and tested and reviewed by testers.
    The two major additions to content, the mail system, and workyard are shown as being what was originally presented by the Devs, what we need to know is what these look like NOW, not the `copy/ paste' from BB_ Alpacha' s original posts ( They also contain content of the new Guild bank, which is bound to cause confusion, on the 13th. if this is not present, or maybe it is )
    So my point is, if our `feedback' is of any worth here on live, it would be for the Devs to make last minute tweaks to the new content prior to release, and for that to work we need the latest `proposals' to be released in these `changed logs'. If on the other hand its just so we can point out the obvious flaws, and vent our frustrations only after the release, do we need to be given the option to `feedback' till after the actual release?
    As for testing, if the new content is not on the test site prior to being released onto live, even if its only there for a week before coming onto live ( surprise value), then the purpose of testing is now well and truly dead in the water.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Closed Thread