Reply to Thread

Thread: Settlers Offline

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Settlers Offline

I downloaded the offline version of the game, but when I try to run it, it just gives me a message that I need either Chrome (which I have) or Flash Player (which I both have and have enabled in Chrome). IE11 and Edge both say they don't need Flash Player, so wouldn't let me download it. Used Chrome to download the latest version of Flash Player. Tried changing Chrome to default browser, but that made no difference. I can still run it through the Chrome browser after allowing Flash (per the other threads about the Chrome changes - they apply to 68 as well as 69).

Windows: Win10
    Chrome: 68
    Flash Player: 30

Am I missing a trick here or is the offline version just not going to work on Win10?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    There is no offline version. You downloaded slim browser. It needs flash to run this game, because flash isn't build in (like chrome had).

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tried that. Same message.
    (Had Chrome v68 when I first posted and it didn't have the Flash option under Flags. Now got Chrome v69 and the option. Disabling the option means I no longer need to Accept Flash when launching through the Chrome browser, but still doesn't work when launching through the downloaded version.)

I know I can just stick to using the browser, but since the "Download Game" option is there, it should work. If it doesn't (or at least doesn't on Win10), there should be something - either FAQ or on this forum somewhere - to say so.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you followed the steps in this FAQ concerning what to do if a Chrome/Flash player plugin error message is shown after starting the Slim browser?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes. Since 1-3 were already in place and the spec of No 5 was fine, tried No 4 - the one about copying the plugin and modding the JSON file. Not sure if I got it right as I now get a Syntax error instead of the usual flash screen. (Unable to parse package.json Line 17 column 5, Syntax error)

This is what I modded the package.json file from...

"chromium-args": "--in-process-gpu --ignore-certificate-errors --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-webgl --disable-transparency --disable-device-orientation --always-authorize-plugins --ppapi_placeholder",

to....

"chromium-args": "--in-process-gpu --ignore-certificate-errors --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-webgl --disable-transparency --disable-device-orientation --always-authorize-plugins --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=30.0.0.154"

Is that right?

(30.0.0.154 is the version listed against the DLL, but also tried 18.0.0.209 listed on the FAQ, but gave the same error. Had two DLL's that started with that name - one 32; one 64 bit, but neither worked)

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    As far as I can see, you seem to have followed those instructions correctly. At this point, I can only suggest you submit a Support ticket, using the 'Technical Problem' category and providing as much detail as you can about the steps you have taken so far to resolve the problem.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    as of this date this problem still haven't been fixed by the tech staff, editing the json file and using different pepflashplayer.dll files, all it does is just gives you a broken screen - just a right menu bar, no text, unusable

Reply to Thread