Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild search chat tab

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Guild search chat tab

There are chat tabs to talk about anything, help and support, trade, guild and for adventures. How about a chat tab for people who want to search for new guilds to join. Having guild search in the forum is ok but a little bit impersonal and its not very active. Having a chat tab just for guild searches would do two main things.

1, It would help stop non guild players from being bombarded with whispers and offers to join this guild and that guild.
    2, I think it would liven up the server as a whole, having an easy option to join guilds and to get to know the members a lot more before deciding to move or join any guild.

Thanks

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    1, no it won't stop players being bombarded with whispers etc.
    2, no it wont liven up the server, it will just make a lot of players who chat in g1 move to another tab.

i do think that something needs to be done tho. maybe let us make guild requests in g1. i can;t see as it would cause any probs at all on northisle

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    1, no it won't stop players being bombarded with whispers etc.
    2, no it wont liven up the server, it will just make a lot of players who chat in g1 move to another tab.

i do think that something needs to be done tho. maybe let us make guild requests in g1. i can;t see as it would cause any probs at all on northisle
    1, I said it would 'help' stop players getting bombarded.
    2, A lot of players use multi tabs and switch between them, I see it all of the time, everyday. I think it would liven up the server as guilds could compete against others into acquiring new members. Also I think it would be more fun, interesting and easier for new players to find a guild and some new friends.

I got the idea from a comment I made on global. i wondered if anyone wanted to join the guild that I was in. I had no idea that those kind of comments were not allowed in global and as you can imagine I got roasted for it, Too many players just had to comment on the error of my ways, some not so nice. I scrolled up in the global chat and it became clear that the global tab was mainly for non settler chat. So basically if there is a chat tab to talk about anything and everything but not about the game.

Why not have a guild recruitment tab?
    Last edited by PELIAS; 25.08.17 at 17:55.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    it won't help players from being bombarded. the only difference here is instead of being directed to the forums by those in g1 they will be directed to your new tab by which point they are already being bombarded.

The forums are available 24/4 your suggestion however is limited by the fact that those in a guild with a ranking which enables them to invite are not online 24/7. Also those who can invite want to play thier game they don't want to log in and do nothing more than sit in your tab on the off chance some new player will go there looking for a guild.

What would happen is your tab would become like trade with the same limitations on how often you can post. A new players would see is a wall of the last 5 or so posts by guilds advertising thier guild overwhelming the new player, whereas the current system allows new players to study the guilds at there own rate.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Am very sure the recruitment in the forum is useless, and we're just putting up a sign for show here.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    it won't help players from being bombarded. the only difference here is instead of being directed to the forums by those in g1 they will be directed to your new tab by which point they are already being bombarded.

The forums are available 24/4 your suggestion however is limited by the fact that those in a guild with a ranking which enables them to invite are not online 24/7. Also those who can invite want to play thier game they don't want to log in and do nothing more than sit in your tab on the off chance some new player will go there looking for a guild.

What would happen is your tab would become like trade with the same limitations on how often you can post. A new players would see is a wall of the last 5 or so posts by guilds advertising thier guild overwhelming the new player, whereas the current system allows new players to study the guilds at there own rate.
    Do players get bombarded with TO offers. No they don't, they go to the TO tab instead. Same thing will apply with the recruitment tab. No need to bombarded anyone. I know not all ranking guilds will be online 24/7 neither would new players be. So your comment is moot. Would a player sit there all day looking for a really good deal in the TO tab. No they would not, so why do you think they would have to sit there in a recruitment tab? Another moot point.

If you are going to make points at least see them both ways not just your way. Or it makes for a weak arguement.

A new player could see all these offers in a recruitment tab and be able to talk directly to the guild members rather than seeing a post in the forums that most likely is out of date and not very personal. People want to play the game not sit there reading forum posts.

Also if a new player wanted to join a guild would they get directed to the forum? No they would not, they would get a boat load of whispers and invites. Would they know to go and look in the forums? No they would not. So why not make a tab for it? I have been playing for over a year and never knew about the forum recruitment page.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 26.08.17 at 23:47.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    A few points,
    Do new players know the advantages of a guild?
    Guild members seeing there players dwindling would like it.
    No foul in G1.
    Is the forum easy to navigate as a new player (no)?
    What is actually the harm? I also don't want to see too many Tab's confusing the new players (or old like me) BUT it would be nice for them to feel welcome in a tab for themselves,
    G1 is great but restricted, hows about a little message when you open the Tab like, ok I cant think of one I can post but you get the idea
    Ok I got one, when you are in a Guild you have the chance for guild members to aid you and give you supplies to advance your game to a certain degree, Please respect all Guild rules.

Just food for thought

Jazz

Reply to Thread