Reply to Thread

Thread: Flawed Weightings of Event Collectables

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Unhappy Flawed Weightings of Event Collectables

I currently have 109 shoulder pads and 8 fists

Seeing as they are both only used for one thing - making the tackle buff (13 & 6 respectively), this would seem to be an incredibly flawed weighting.

Springs would also seem to be incredibly rare, which considering the are so widely required for buffs is more than a little puzzling.

Please BB sort it out

World
    Newfoundland
    during the time event has been active i have had exactly 1 corner on my island. all collected twice a day.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Just Tedious.
    The Easter Event was the first I took part in & it was pleasant and undemanding. This is just boring, collecting collectibles & sending Explorers out to get stuff which doesn't help. I haven't had anything useful for the first match for sometime now & can't get past it. A complete lack of interest in football doesn't help!
    Oddly enough, I seem to be doing better than usual for the normal collectibles, except for the usual oversupply of barrels.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    What I find frustrating is that when I actually spot one of the rarer collies it only gives me one of em

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    today i have actually found 4 banana peels this is more than i have found since the event started makes a mockery of trying to complete the football events

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    The weighing is a direct result of bad game design. Since some collectables can only be found by explorers and those are still needed for the quest chain, they had to balance the amount given around new players with only the three explorers available from the tavern with little or no science invested in them. That means that the more advanced players with many upgraded fast explorers will get a huge amount of certain collectables.

The entire event is badly designed. The collectables mechanic is neither reliable nor interesting enough to use as a core mechanic for an entire event. I could have accepted it if they just copied the Christmas version where you could get some extra presents by collecting the collectables. Then there was three different kinds on your island and they gave a small increase of event resources. Now the entire event quest chain is based on a buggy and ill thought through mechanic.

They should have just used the old event with the old adventures. They gave decent XP and they were kind of entertaining since they were a new kind of adventure. If they wanted to change something, then they could have updated the adventures slightly. Maybe even made a couple of co-op adventures. That could have been interesting for us active guild players.

The developers really did not think this event through properly and they certainly did not test it properly. It was only available on test for a short time and they removed it long before the event started for no apparent reason. Why even have a test server if it is not used as one?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    this wont help if youyr under lvl 50 unless you have access to mse.. but assassin and the arrow attacks work on the football adv i used them to clear a few camps as i didnt have the collectables

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Yet again, this proves that the test server and all its feedback didn't serve to fix anything leading up to the event. And now thanks to all the bugs we are all paying the price of an event that wasn't ready.
    There were just too many different collectibles, buffs needed too many to make anything and adventures needed too many buffs to complete.
    Shop items need too many footballs to buy anything which will result in people spending gems to buy anything.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

TBF to BB, the amount of the rarer collectible spawns seems to have improved dramatically since the maintenance.

Thanks for listening guys

Reply to Thread