Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    @ Brayarg
    i just want say is not everything that bad as everyone want show.
    Your right its not, With a few tweaks here and there, we are rocking

World
    Sandycove
    i have daily and skill quest outlaws... i cant find it in merchant with gems or maps... where will i find it? i sould wait for my explorers? no, you forse me to buy it from TO. ''bring old loot back'' or at least fix this stupidity...
    nobody is perfect.... i am nobody

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Production weeks nearly finished and here is today's TO on sandycove for Damescene sword, my word the future looks bright

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    @ Brayarg

player always will be unhappy
    no new contents-they are unhappy
    bb put new contents again they are unhappy

BB "give us" space and licence for iron/steel production again everyone is unhappy.
    BB give us choice (maybe was accidentally)
    Corona, with all respect for the work you've done, here you sound like a devil's advocate. BB gives us some space? Really? I invested my time, money/gems, granite ect to build bread chains and now I have to demolish all my hard work and build new chains? Who could guarantee me BB won't change its sick mind by giving new loots in april 2015 when lvl 5-6 iron/steel chains will be useless as breads now?
    Yes, all dedicated players asked BB more space on homeland but that sort of the solution I might call pathetic.

World
    Newfoundland
    I forecast negative effect on everyone's game in next few months. I've seen many newbies which helped themself to grow by producing and selling bread. Now they are deprived of such opportunity. I remember the time when I was between lvl 34-40, harsh days for every TSO player, several times I was about to quit. But then we had weapons in loots and we could buy them from TO. Now iron/steel/dama cost a fortune, I doubt low level players can afford that.
    As high level player I dont mind changes in combat, higher challenge makes my game more compelling. But Loots! Miserable - thats the right word! Why do I need all that copper/coal/meat refills when my settlers produce enough for my own needs, for my lower lvl friends to share and for TO to sell a little? In my view the loot is something you get as reward after all hard work on adventure is done. Something you cannot produce or buy for coins/gems. But copper and meat refills...excuse me my french *xxxx*.... why should I bother?!

I won't complain about time I invested in game - I had great fun playing with my virtual friends. But as long term Gem player BB lost one of his customer. Losing customer trust is equal to losing business. Well done BB!

World
    Newfoundland
    When I was a lower level player, I sold copper and iron. I couldn't bring up my bread chain to produce the quantities I needed until I reached 40+, and it needed a lot of buildings (farms, mills, bakers, and the constant rebuilding of wells and wheatfields). I'm not sure why lower levels would bother with all that when there are other things to sell for a higher price and are easier to make. On the other hand, producing copper only needs a few mines and buffs. And then I thought I'd be able to finance my upgrades from making swords but I got to a level where I could do adventures and discovered that they gave so much weapons in loot that producing them wasn't worth the effort. So the current loot is much better IMO. We are just complaining because we are used to getting everything delivered and aren't used to making them. If only they got rid of the horses too because my stables are still useless at this point.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    if I do traitors - I get back more settlers than I kill. There is no balance in the rebalance.

Bread is now a useless production chain, village school (useful for 5 mins) are now unnecessary, level 6 farms mills and silos are now not really worth making. The purpose of the rebalance was, supposedly, to avoid having production chains which were made unnecessary by loots.

The 'balance' is still not right.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 18.12.14 at 18:12.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    if I do traitors - I get back more settlers than I kill. There is no balance in the rebalance.

Bread is now a useless production chain, village school (useful for 5 mins) are now unnecessary, level 6 arms mills and silos are now no really worth making. The purpose of the rebalance was supposedly to avoid having production chains which were made unnecessary by loots.

The 'balance' is still not right.
    +1 lol

If you don't laugh your just cry.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    To me the loot is a move in the right direction. Its needs some urgent fixing and some tweaking

1) There should be weapons in loot. Look at any battlefield ever and there will be weapons lying around, modern to ancient, when people die their weapons do not go poof and vanish, often someone else picks them up. (that would apply to armour as well if it was relevent to TSO)
    2) Saying 1 above the real issue with weapons in loot was not the fact they were there, the issue was the WRONG ONES were there in too high quantities. Take the epic advs, you wouldnt lose cannons, elites etc so there should be none in loot, or maybe tiny amounts.
    3) What should be in loot for weapons is a sensible balance, BB can look up player guides etc if they cannot see themselves what a reasonable person would lose. So BK for example should return some bronze swords, in fact most/all non-fairytale advs should probably only return basic weapons, so R and B maybe. In decent but not excessive quantities. With maybe a slot to allow a small chance of other better weapons, so long bows, iron sword etc, and a tiny chance of advanced weapons. AGAIN ALWAYS in sensible amounts
    3) Refils are ok, no problem as there is only 1 or 2 from advs.
    4) SOME resources are good, they exist everywhere you go, so its not unreasonable to expect them to be gained when invading.
    5) Fairytale adventures should give more of everything, so more of basic weapons, and more slots with better chance of intermediate and advanced weapons. Just stick to the basic premise of REASONABLE. So 200 Cannons etc (it only makes 20 troops)
    6) Too many settlers drop, work on a percentage of reasonable losses since they are a guaranteed drop. Where short "fast" cuts can be made to adventures base weapons, settlers etc on these values. So say a short BK loses 400R roughly, give maybe 25% i.e. 100 settlers back guaranteed, or have a small chance of a bumper haul but a high chance of just 25%.
    7) Remember the value of the loot should reflect the number of players, this seems completely overlooked currently. So adventures that allow multiple players allow loot spots to be sold, but have similar equivalent loot to 1 player adventures. Guess what, hardly anyone does single player, why would you? Do a BK, roughly cover your costs with loot but add 2 sold loot spots to generate real value.
    8) Increase significantly drops for items that cannot be made on the homeisle, so Granite, titanium ore etc (I mean without buying with gems, that should be a boost not a requirement)
    9) Consider having some level based drops. Eg under lvl 30 have a slot that gives longbows, iron swords etc. 30-49 give some advanced weapons. Those players levelling really want a stock to be building to give them some hope for when they reach 50. With the current drops I doubt players levelling from scratch would have fully developed weapons chains at 50 and will be far more likely to quit as they game already reaches some level of feeling negative at that point.
    10) Cav are too expensive to make, drop the cost to 10 per unit and reduce all drops by same factor.

I believe the above would fix the imbalances dramatically...
    More lower level weapons in loot means everyone doesnt stack massive amounts of low level weapons production and no high level manufacturing
    Original "simple" adventures only reward low level weapons, with a slight chance of small amounts of advanced weapons (but not enough to really make them worth farming)
    Hard (fairytale) adventures mean losing some advanced weapons gives you a deccent chance to get them/some/more back.
    Hard (fairytale) adventures can be done with mass low level troops for a slight gain in intermediate/advanced weapons.
    Lower settlers in loot means you need to keep your islands producing and not just farm adventures that give too many in loot.

World
    Sandycove
    you have made some very good suggestions above, and as much as I love the idea in point 1) if you are suggesting a collectible loot pick up of weapons, i do fear it would only create even more lag...

Other than that, great stuff

Reply to Thread