Reply to Thread

Thread: chocolate rabbits

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

chocolate rabbits

hey all. not really sure if they should be placed here or in the general section of the forum.

I've already tried posting a similar issue here, but was shot down, almost instantly, so now trying a different approch.

would it be possible to have an easier way of aquiring chocolate rabbits? only found 2 adventures that can drop it, "The Whirlwind" (WW) and "Return To The Bandit Nest" (RTTBN). the drop chance of a "RTTBN" from a bandit nest, is much too low to be a viable source of chocolate rabbits in my oppinion. and gathering a team of 4 players to do a WW is simply too much of a task do to the lack of attractive loot from doing one.

you can of course purchase the chocolate rabbits from TO, but they go for 800+ gold coins each, on my server. so purchasing one for the sake of speeding up your provision house (PH), is just kinda mute, if you want to make some profit from what you're making in your PH.
    would like to see an easier way to gather chocolate rabbits that you can gather on your own. I need a ton of them to take care of my current queue in my rare PH. even if I could instant use 100 rabbits, it wouldn't be enough.

would much rather have the ability to upgrade my Rare PH though, as mentioned in another thread of mine. it has taken some time, but my queue keeps getting longer and longer. eventually it will turn to be a year long production. might take another 6 months to do it, but still.

however in my other thread, only a handful of people actually gave the idea a +1.

buttom line: would like to see an easier way to speed up your PH as 1 just doesn't cut it for my needs.
    Attached Images

World
    Sandycove
    I've already tried posting a similar issue here, but was shot down, almost instantly, so now trying a different approch.
    Bang Bang Sorry could not resist
    Whilst everybody plays a different way, I think if your economy relies on your PH or RPH to the extent that you indicate, then your either not well balanced overall or are looking for excessive profit from what they produce. I save my chocco's for events/crisis events when they are often needed as in these there is often an extra strain on a normal well balanced economy. During normal play both my PH and RPH produce the buffs and resources that I need (to fill in the short fall of BB's Balancing) un-buffed so I have to give your idea a -1 although a little tweak upwards is always welcome.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    hey there.. I don't run my bread chain unbuffed. and I got a severe production of it, as it was once my main source of income, back in the day, and bread was easy to sell and went for quite a bit (40 gc per 1k). to this day and age, I only make about 30% or so, pure profit from it (quick estimate).

have quite a lot of buildings that I don't run, unless buffed. this requires, even with feasts, quite a lot of them. and since I can't say for sure how many feasts I have, since same buff stacks, seems to be purely random in order, I can only guess how many feasts I actually have. as it takes time to complete the other stuff I need to produce, I need a decent buffer of feasts for it all to run somewhat smoothly. that has kinda been thrown out the window though, as you might have guessed.

back in the day I had a self sufficient economy, however I couldn't figure out this approach, I never seemed to have gold coins to upgrade buildings, just felt all my resources went it circles, never really getting me anywhere, not even in the long run. producing bread was easy and sold for a lot of coins, so I eventually built a fine production line of bread making. cash started to roll in, do to having excess stuff I could sell, this actually boosted me to be able to upgrade my buildings, which led to more adventuring, which led to further progress. this seemed much more efficient than being self sufficient (maybe I'm just an idiot for not being able to figure it out, I don't know). since then, the excess production, have just been upgraded, selling what I make excess off, purchasing what I need to make the wheel move properly.

the introduction of schools though, have changed the game a bit for me, as you don't need that much bread anymore. those needing bread are probably those doing the fairytale adventures. but the schools have forced down the price of bread by approx 50%+. at peak times on my server it's not uncommen to get bread at 15 gc per 1k.

the introduction of the RPH changed the game even further, as it has kinda made the normal PH obselete. I still use fish food and meat for my fishermen and hunters, however using my normal PH for these things, is basically throwing money out the window as you get about 25% more from the same amount of resources, by using the RPH instead. so that has kinda forced me to move my fish food and meat production to the RPH instead. feasts, in the quantities I need, and badges, along with fish food and snacks, is a tad more than my RPH can actually make.

in my other thread I suggested being able to upgrade the RPH, which was basically pointless as I'm basically the only guy having this kind of problem.. so an easy or at least easier way to get chocolate rabbits, would be very nice. at least this would (according to my understanding of some of the people in my other thread) make the RPH level 2, temporarily (even though this is a big misunderstanding of how buffs work in actuallity, in my oppinion).

so am I just being a (slow poke?) and playing this game wrong?
    or is it just that other people don't use the powers they have, optimally, or to the full extent?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Without knowing the details of your economy and playstlye it's impossible to say if your doing something wrong.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    so am I just being a (slow poke?) and playing this game wrong?
    or is it just that other people don't use the powers they have, optimally, or to the full extent?
    There is no wrong way to play this game ( Which is probably why it holds its appeal despite what BB devs do to it )
    I play with a balanced island for most things producing a little surplus to my own game play needs. I don't obsess about small amounts not balancing every day or sleeping some buildings occasionally to save some resources or increase the production of another chain. I could produce more from lower chains using buffs and certainly do not run higher weapon chains un buffed and lvl 5/6 buildings. Who is right? who is wrong? Neither in the case of the game, however I'm not asking for changes for the PH and RPH as I have adapted so as not to need it.
    Since the changes of November, in order to balance the iron chain I am having to use feasts every day on that particular chain and on all buildings in it. Lvl 2 mines all having to be replaced everyday also cause a drop in marble ( and tools) from storage. I could buff masons or I could just use PH to make lone marble blocks to cover the short fall. I choose the latter as a/ it reduces the need for buff making in RPH. and 2/ it makes use of the PH ( and stone). I also still make Irmas and sarnies in the PH to cover any short fall in feasts before depletion. My RPH easily makes 75 feasts overnight and I rarely use more than 30 a day so have plenty in store for when game time is tight. My bread fish and meat chain are pretty much unchanged from prior to November changes so work in surplus in the background. I do confess to occasionally letting a fish or meat deposit run out....but figure the walk is good for the settler, don't want them getting fat
    As in the real world your system is intensive and mine extensive, you produce more surplus, I have less stress, more chocolate bunnies in game leads to my diet getting side tracked by chocolate thoughts and fridge raiding...have some compassion
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Without knowing the details of your economy and playstlye it's impossible to say if your doing something wrong.
    Well Dorotheus, how I see it, based on the peoples replies and all. it appears to me that, only I have this issue.
    and as this forum goes through all the english servers, and not many agrees with me (basically none), the only thing I can think of is, I'm doing it wrong!

but some chocolate bunnies would be nice to be able to get for emergencies?
    as, aparently it's out of line to suggest to be able to upgrade RPH (my interpretation of the players replying to me on that subject)
    heck, even the possibility of explorer finding them on: "erudite search?" (the buff search, not 100% sure on the name) would be highly appreciated.

anyone who is willing to agree with me that more chocolate bunnies would be a welcomed addition? or is that too, just "pointless"?
    Last edited by Koumpounophob; 22.06.15 at 22:24. Reason: post didn't appear where I thought it would. so added a quotation

World
    Newfoundland
    Im quite out of touch with economical side of the game as I have not needed something for a long time, but offer some thoughts:

seems odd that you still dont have deerstalkers/fish farms after so long play time and profitable bread trading.
    since you have an abundance of bread you could move fishfood prod to PH and not care about the 20% diff and/or trade for fish (i hear its really cheap these days).
    maybe downsize the bread prod a little or the buffs used on it.
    consider trading in some of the things you produce in RPH. could be cheaper than buying bunnies? better yet - find a good frend or guildmate who has an idle RPH and have him produce stuff for you.
    Badges take a long time to produce - artefact search (the buff search) wont find you bunnies but will find other x3 stuff to replace badges.

About the bunnies - I can only guess ppl have lots of bunnies left from when they dropped from fairytales (i have 20+ pages) or they just dont see it as a problem. I directed attention to the fact that there will be very little bunnies added to the system after loot change but ppl didnt care then either. Since "only you have this problem" BB shouldnt be against more bunnies either - not many ppl seem to be needing them so badly that they use gems to buy them.
    You have left out 1 option for more PH buffs: "bunnies" could be made in mayors house from collectables.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    award for the longest posts, I managed to read 2 sentences b4 giving up lol....
    I think u can give explorers a skill to find choccie rabbits

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I think u can give explorers a skill to find choccie rabbits
    There's actually none found by explorers.. http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/guides/explorer/
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Im quite out of touch with economical side of the game as I have not needed something for a long time, but offer some thoughts:

seems odd that you still dont have deerstalkers/fish farms after so long play time and profitable bread trading.
    since you have an abundance of bread you could move fishfood prod to PH and not care about the 20% diff and/or trade for fish (i hear its really cheap these days).
    maybe downsize the bread prod a little or the buffs used on it.
    consider trading in some of the things you produce in RPH. could be cheaper than buying bunnies? better yet - find a good frend or guildmate who has an idle RPH and have him produce stuff for you.
    Badges take a long time to produce - artefact search (the buff search) wont find you bunnies but will find other x3 stuff to replace badges.

About the bunnies - I can only guess ppl have lots of bunnies left from when they dropped from fairytales (i have 20+ pages) or they just dont see it as a problem. I directed attention to the fact that there will be very little bunnies added to the system after loot change but ppl didnt care then either. Since "only you have this problem" BB shouldnt be against more bunnies either - not many ppl seem to be needing them so badly that they use gems to buy them.
    You have left out 1 option for more PH buffs: "bunnies" could be made in mayors house from collectables.
    I have 24 deer stalkers, all level 5, and they are still almost 3k meat short in 12 hours. fish farms I gave to a friend when they first introduced them to the game, as I didn't have space for them anyways.. a fish farm is 30k gc in purchase, unless gems. count another 5.5k gc in the deal, for making it level 5 (do to granite). so 35500 gc spent per building. I can get fish for 5 gc per 1k, some times even cheaper than that. so that's at least 7000000 (7 million) fish for every single level 5 fish farm. my best fishermen hauls home 1035 fish in 12 hours unbuffed.. so 2070 fish in 12 hours.. then it's gonna take about, 1690 days (more than 4½ years) to bring home my 7 mill fish, that I could have purchased instead of that 1 fish farm. and then I'm just breaking even by then.

I have 23 level 5 fishermen, admittedly, they do overproduce when buffed, but not by all that much.
    seems a bit silly to spend about 816500 gc on fish production, just to save 15950500 fish a year, or about 1276040 bread a year, or less than 23000 gc a year.
    of course if I'm gonna play for 5 years, I would have made profit, but to wait 4½ years to get it, might be a bit overreacted?.
    but the saved bread, is however, in RPH production terms. if I were to use my normal PH, I need 1595050 bread instead. 25% more, or 28711 gc,. so more than 5500 gc that is wasted, every year, if I were to move my fish food production. this is based on bread price is 18 gc per 1k. and it's pretty easy to get it cheaper. some sell at 15 gc per 1k.

about the bread trading: a lot of players, have a pile of schools, and simply just do 1 adventure every 3 days or so. first day: do adventure - kill xx troops. the remaining day: waiting for settlers from schools. 2nd day, wait for remaining settlers, remaining day: train troops. day 3: wait for remaning troops to be trained. the remaining day: do adventure and kill off xx troops. rinse, repeat. they simply do not need to purchase bread. and then we don't account for the fact that they probably do have some bread production, so add that to the mix, and purchasing bread, basically won't happen, for a lot of players. which means that bread price is at 18-17 gc per 1k when it's average, 16-15 gc when it's cheap, some times you can even get bread cheaper than 15. but 15, isn't all that unlikely. so making a ton of money from bread, is hard. even with 35 level 6 bakeries (would be an utter waste of resources to tear any of them down, grout out the window). do to bread being so cheap, using anything other than x2 buffs, simply don't make any sense. (and yes, I purchase a ton of wheat, very often).

I don't purchase bunnies at all.. I simply let time pass (which isn't enough, because if it was, I wouldn't have a queue this long)
    and actually I have 2 guild mates produce stuff for me, and the shortest queue is 19 days. and it's a pain sorting what is their stuff, and what is mine. have to write down everything. stuff being produced, resources traded etc..

and it was an actual suggestion to add bunnies to the mix of things that could be found. or just take out fish platters and put bunnies in it's place.
    I could settle with that, as the problem solver.
    but collies to make bunnies would be nice as well.

hopefully I haven't forgotten to address something. cheers

Reply to Thread