Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: blocking battle ending early

World
    Sandycove

blocking battle ending early

Has anyone experienced a battle ending early ( blocking general) ?
    I have just experienced one where one of the round blocks was literally defeated at the same time as the leader camp was defeated ( both sound bites played at the same time ). But when I replayed the blocking general battle, the message of `your general has been defeated' came up before the generals green bar had been reduced, (another round was still to be played). I have a screen shot but don't know how to add it.
    Is it a bug or is it just bad luck? I've done this block before with no issues, but I'm wondering if lag is starting to effect battle progress not just generals travelling it might be time to leave.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Ive ben getting this a lot lately .. thought it was just me

World
    Northisle
    Did you by any chance blocked with a fast general (Battle Hardened General or Grim Reaper)?
    I`ve seen before people blocking with the Grim Reaper or the BHG on the false assumption battle will last as with a normal general..... it won`t, it will last half time.

Yet what you describe soundss like you blocked on a full server in the most active time of day, which yes, creates a bad lag which does that to blocks.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Many times the graphics seem to be out of sync with the actual battle events. I put this down to lag.
    I had one at 8am this morning where I retreated the 4 generals but the news and graphics didn't show this for 1 general. News and the graphics said "your general is attacking". Only three were reported as retreating. But then all 4 were awaiting orders - so the retreat did work.

World
    Sandycove
    same here - block looked good, Vet to main camp normal gen for the block. Vet gen goes in castle but comes out of blocking camp

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes I've had similar problems with gens on blocks especially as you're describing jollyfog2012.

World
    Sandycove
    Polymer wrote:

Did you by any chance blocked with a fast general (Battle Hardened General or Grim Reaper)?
    No, I only have one BHG ( Grim) and he had done his bit on the leader camp. At first I thought it was just an unlucky `tight' block going wrong, and I could except that, but as I mentioned in my OP on replay the last round didn't seem to take place, and given the `dun,dun, dun' of the defeated blocking general played at the same time as the bugle of success on the leader camp, had that last round taken place i'm pretty sure the block would have worked.
    I thought I'd better ask anyway, and if there is a problem, or if your blocks go wrong it might be worth checking the replay rather than blame a guide writer or your plastered general for fainting under pressure. lol.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Blocking seems to be growing ever more perilous and there is more here on the second issue mentioned, unfortunately: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/22381-motherly-Love
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 19.02.13 at 18:03.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    the last round didn't seem to take place, and given the `dun,dun, dun' of the defeated blocking general played at the same time as the bugle of success on the leader camp, had that last round taken place i'm pretty sure the block would have worked.
    I'd like to see the final screen of that replayed battle report, if you don't mind.

World
    Sandycove
    I've kept the screen shot Tage, but I don't know how to post it in here. If you tell me how I'll put it up.

Reply to Thread