Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 171 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1708

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    return to home island and then back to adventure, sometimes (not all times) that helps
    And some times when that fails, refreshing the browser might help.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by borobe View Post
    According Tage's guide if you don't have cannons, block at camp 5(G4) is considered risky. That's why, I made a little change at the path for me to avoid this block.

After clearing the G2 and G3 we go for the camp 4 at G5.

Garrison Position G2 (BLOCK)

Position A: NORMAL general
    Position B: BATTLE HARDENED general or ANY general
    Position C: VETERAN general or BATTLE HARDENED general

Send all generals right after each other:

From A to Camp 5
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [1R (1R)]

From B & C to Camp 4
    use untis from Tage's guide.

The next is the attack at camp 10. After that we can position the generals at G6.

Garrison Position G6 (BLOCK)

Position A: NORMAL general
    Position B: BATTLE HARDENED general or ANY general
    Position C: VETERAN general or BATTLE HARDENED general

Send all generals right after each other:

From A to Camp 5
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [1R (1R)]

From B & C to Camp 6
    use untis from Tage's guide.

I'm pretty sure that now General A could do the round block and this will work well with Elites. Now the marching of the Generals B & C is near 10 step lesser

Thanks to Tage for his great guide and to Loucaux for the new position of the blocking General A at Garrison G6.
    I finally got down to checking the times / margins / etc. on the round block for the central DC, and am very happy to say that it can be done safely (read on for details)—but with a fast general or cannoneers.

From A to Camp 5) 60 Elite Soldier Deserters, 60 Crossbowman Deserters
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [4S 1E 194C (-)] {1% of 180 seconds, otherwise 200+ seconds of fighting}

From B to Camp 6) 50 Cavalry Deserters, 50 Elite Soldier Deserters, 50 Crossbowman Deserters, 1 Sir Robin
    BATTLE HARDENED general (recommended) or ANY general: [114R (114R)] {at most 20 seconds of fighting with a fast general}

From C to Camp 6) 35-42 Elite Soldier Deserters, 50 Crossbowman Deserters, 1 Sir Robin
    VETERAN general: [153R 1M 1S 95E (92R - 135R - 153R)] {at most 130 seconds of fighting}

If you have cannoneers, Camp 6) can be killed in one wave:
    VETERAN general: [138R 1M 111K (99R - 124R - 138R)] {at most 90 seconds of fighting}

From the moment the block starts, the marching time (13 ⅓ seconds) and fighting on the DC with a fast general (20 + 130 seconds) takes about 164 seconds. With a short 180 seconds block, it is safe, leaving a margin of about 16 seconds to send your battle hardened general (and at least 10 more seconds to send the veteran).

While it is possible to replace the suicidal BATTLE HARDENED general with a NORMAL general, there is roughly 1% chance the block will fail.

All the numbers above are based on 500000 simulations.
    Last edited by Loucaux; 31.03.14 at 06:39. Reason: optimized block, added cannoneers

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    More Secluted Experiments (short)
    using briosheje's very little mind

Since paths and many other things have changed in this adventure, I've tried to redo the whole thing from the beginning, taking inspiration from my old guide and evilj's guide.

Even though many things have changed, in this short version we will not care at all about the experience, but we will rather try to lose the minimum amount of troups needed to complete this adventure, allowing ourselves to get amazing powerups without wasting many valuable troups.

Therefore, since not all the leaders are not going to be taken down, this adventure may become quite hard to do, that's why I'm not obviously taking any responsability for the blocks i'll put below.

If you think you don't want to risk, then just don't follow this guide, even though almost every block here is pretty safe.

Anyway, let's move on.

=> Garrisons Position 1

Position your generals in this way:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 20R 40S 20E 120C (6-9 rounds of fighting) (safe)
    B - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 200C (4 rounds of fighting) (tight block)
    C - VETERAN GENERAL: 170R 40M 20S 20K [91R - 100R] (1 round of fighting)

Send general A to C1, general B to C2, then wait until B comes out from his garrison and send C.

Don't be too fast, this block, even if B only last 4 rounds, is quite safe if you send the general correctly.
    Also, don't be scared if you see the bar of C2 going down, it is all planned

To clearify, you have to do something like that:

All right, let's move on:

=> Garrisons Position 2

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 177C (taken from evilj )
    B - VETERAN GENERAL: 133R 1E 116K [max 133R lost] (taken from evilj )

Send general A to C3, wait until he comes out from his garrison and send general B to L2.
    I don't know if this block is safe.. I did it a couple of times and it never failed, so the setups chosen from evilj probably are extremely good (in fact they always are, as far as I know ).

Again, to clearify, you have to do something like that:

=> Garrisons Position 3

In this sector we will first have to take down a camp, then we will be able to block a camp and kill the leader.

Position your generals in this way and follow the image:

B - VETERAN GENERAL: 57R 1E 162C 30K [max 57R lost] (taken from evilj )

Once you have taken down this camp, send A to block C4 and B to attack L3:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 35E 120C (taken from evilj )
    B - VETERAN GENERAL: 50R 1E 199K [max 50R lost] (taken from evilj )

Sorry for not putting letters into the picture, I'll do that someday.
    In any case, as always, the veteran is the one on the left, the farthest from the leader.

=> Garrisons Position 4

Differently from what evilj did in his guide, in this case we won't be taking down the leader of the next sector, but we will rather take down one camp of it and then kill the leader of the next one.

Position your generals like shown:

And kill the camp 5 first:

C - VETERAN GENERAL: 70R 140C 40K [54R - 68R]

Now that the road is free, send each generals right after each other and block the camp next to the leader using A, like shown in the picture:
    (you can send generals as fast as you want in this block)

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 108E (taken from evilj )
    B - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL: 100C [100C] (taken from evilj )
    C - VETERAN GENERAL: 38S 137C 75K [38S] (taken from evilj )

=> Garrisons Position 5

Now, this is getting interesting.

For some reason, evilj decided to don't block the camp of this sector.
    The camp in the middle of the swamp has 120E but it's quite (very) far from the leader of this sector.
    However, from the simulator, the SAFEST block with 100% probability of victory last a MINIMUM amount of SEVEN rounds, that is a minimal amount of 140 seconds + about 20-25 seconds for the bar to go down to 0.

From what I've seen, the veteran takes about 118 seconds to reach the leader since the camp gets blocked and the battle with the leader stands 1 round.

So, in the WORST case, you will have about 10 seconds of margin to send your veteran general.

However, since someone may be quite scared about this, I'll provide a setup that lasts an average of 8 rounds and another one which last an average of 9/10 rounds (but that will fail in the 2% of the cases); you're free to use the one you want, even if I personally recommend the first one .

Follow this scheme but read below BEFORE sending the generals:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 20S 60E 120C (100% safe) (7-10 rounds, 8.47 avg)
    B - VETERAN GENERAL: 70R 20E 100C 60K [46R - 59R]

OR

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 19S 60E 120C (98% safe) (7-15 rounds, 9.19 avg)
    B - VETERAN GENERAL: 70R 20E 100C 60K [46R - 59R]

Now, send general A, then WAIT UNTIL GENERAL A REACHES THIS SPOT (or after this, dont' send him BEFORE he is there):

As said above, don't send B before general A has reached this spot.

This block works :

=> Garrisons Position 6

Let's take down the next leader now.
    Be careful, it's hard.

A - VETERAN GENERAL: 71R 2E 177K [71R]

========================================
    YEYEYYEE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSPOT
    ========================================

Now you can invite your lootspotter.
    Ask him to bring 1R and to attack the camp like shown in the picture:

=> Garrisons Position 7

All right, let's finish this!

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 179E (taken from evilj :3)
    B - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 162E 38C (taken from evilj :3)
    C - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL: 135C [135C] (taken from evilj :3)
    D - VETERAN GENERAL: 92M 158K [92M] (taken from evilj :3)

Send generals in this way right after each other (or add a little delay between them to be safer):

And you're done

Max losses should be around: 538R 235C 38S 92M, which is about 150R less compared to the long version.

Lootspot:

Last edited by bri0sheje; 07.01.14 at 17:20.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sad to report that the influence area of Camp 14 in Black Knights has extended since I worked out how to bypass it by clinging tight to the right canyon wall. Seems no longer possible to perform this trick, unless I can find a more rearward Garrison spot and force him rightwards by blocking gen's path with another garrison.
    Oh well, back to the drawing board.

(They nobbled my original "river walk" trick on the main island in the same way, rotters)
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    A very clear and easy to follow guide, many thanks

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Tage. An excellent set of guides.
    One suggestion, in Horseback, for those without a veteran general, it is better to move onto camps 10, 16, 7 and 8 after clearing camp 19 and only then move onto camps 18 and 20.
    This way 90 of the 107 bows required to block camp 7 can be reused for the attack on camp 20.

World
    Northisle
    very good guide... nice work!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Hooray

Return to the bandit's nest
    short version - using briosheje's little mind
    VETERAN WITH CANNONS

BEFORE STARTING, READ THIS:

Q: Why should I use this guide instead of any other?
    A: For a couple of reasons. First of all, this guide provides (actually) the best Experience per loss ratio, giving you about the same EXP/Loss ratio as the black knights. Second, it is safer than any other guide that came out until now, because the last block, using these setups and position, has a global margin of about 35-80 seconds, which is ABSOLUTELY ENOUGH to close the quest and return home without seeing the block going down.

Q: Why didn't you kill L2 and L4?
    A: Because it is NOT worth losing 54R for L2 to gather an amount of about 1.5k experience and it is even noth worth losing 50C and some other recruits and soldiers to kill L5, which gives you, of course, about 3.5k experience but it costs cavalry, and we don't want to lose cavalry here.

Q: Why didn't you directly go to L5 by skipping all the leaders?
    A: Because it is not worth doing that, even if you're at level 50. To directly reach L5 you should defeat 3 camps (which is not even 2k exp).. Using cannoneers, so, you will lose about 175R + last leader troups and you will have to do a very tight block that may fail in the 7.3% of the cases and you will have to do everything very very carefully. If you want to follow a safer way to do this, follow evilj's guide: http://cempire.org/index.php?title=E...n_Cannon_Guide .

Q: Is this an event adventure?
    A: It was, however, from what I've been reading, it is now a loot from "the bandit's nest" adventure, so it is still possible to get it.

Q: Is there a faster way to do it without cannoneers?
    A: Yes, I've found a way to do the whole aventure losing an average of about 350R and 30S using elite soldiers and crossbowmen, I'll publish it as soon as possible.

That was just to clearify something I've heard about this guide, now, let's move on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, as happened with more secluded experiments and since almost everything changed in this adventure, I'm now doing another guide for this adventure which is actually interesting, since it has this loot:

Since some block I've made are quite hard to explain, I've decided to take instead of some picture some videos, hoping that you won't dislike it.

This guide is ONLY AIMED FOR VETERAN WITH CANNONS, I'll someday do that for the major general, feel free to improve it if you want! (prrrrrrr)

What will you need anyway?

1) At least THREE NORMAL GENERALS
    2) At least ONE BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL OR VETERAN
    3) At least ONE VETERAN

About the troups, before going on:

- Maximum needed troups:

275R 32S 72E 328C 117XB 100K

- Maximum troups LOST:

275R 32S

- Average losses :

256R 26S

Now, let's move on.

=> Garrisons Position 1

Position your general exactly like shown right on the landing zone:

A - NORMAL (ROUND) BLOCKING GENERAL: 14E 186C (taken from evilj)
    B - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL: 48R [48R] (taken from evilj)
    C - VETERAN GENERAL: 62R 1E 115C 72XB [max 62R lost] (taken from evilj)

Send generals right after each other, like shown in this picture:

=> Garrisons Position 2

From now until the end I won't put any other picture.

These block so long and confusing to explain by words that it's way clearer to show them in a couple of video.
    If you have any question, feel free to ask.

In this sector, anyway, we will take care about the leader on the nord, by blocking a camp using a round block and, while it is blocked, temporarily block another one using a 1R block to make a veteran able to reach the leader and defeat it.

Setups are also in the video.

Please check the video carefully, send the second general ONLY when the first one engaged the fight, and once the second one engaged the fight please send the veteran as fast as possible.

Edit: since I had some people telling me that they weren't absolutely able to find out where they should have placed the generals, you have to place them in this way:

A - NORMAL (ROUND) BLOCKING GENERAL
    B - NORMAL (1R) BLOCKING GENERAL
    C - VETERAN GENERAL

Direct link to the video if you feel that it's too small here (we're in a forum, we can't spam huge thumbnails here ): http://youtu.be/OOTNu1Jpfj4

=> Garrisons Position 3

In this last sector we will take care about the last leader, by blocking two camps belonging to another leader, which will force us to close the adventure as fast as possible by :

1) closing the quest (check the video)
    2) clicking the home button once it appear

Be careful, it's IMPORTANT that you don't skip these two points; if you do, then you're done and you have lost a lot of troups .
    Just follow the video anyway:

Again, as before, there you have a picture of how you shoud place the generals:

A - NORMAL (ROUND) BLOCKING GENERAL
    B - NORMAL (ROUND) BLOCKING GENERAL
    C - VETERAN GENERAL

direct link: http://youtu.be/-u3xBxg6Clg

For VETERAN C, if you don't want to lose Soldiers, you may also choose these setups instead (simulated over 99999 times):

Case 1: prefere to lose MILITIA:

C - 49M 1S 1E 99XB 100K [47M] --> max losses: 49M 1S

Case 2: prefere to lose RECRUITS:

C - 118R 1S 1E 81XB 49K [104R] --> max losses: 118R 1S

Perhaps you will find yourself better in one of these setups but, to me, it is actually better to lose 32S instead of 49M, since iron swords are actually harder to get (at least on the italian server).

As said above, max losses should be around 275R 32S, which is, to me, accettable.
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 16.01.14 at 08:48.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    More Secluted Experiments (short)
    Thanks for your guide!

I summed all troops needed to:

538R + 92M + 60S + 341E + 219K + 320C

I also found a typo (from Evil_J)

=> Garrisons Position 2

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 177C (taken from evilj )
    B - VETERAN GENERAL: 133R 2E 116K [max 133R lost] (taken from evilj )
    I think it should be just 1E.

As I don't like using more than 300E, I rather use some S in the last A block. Like..
    => Garrisons Position 7

All right, let's finish this!

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 46S + 136E (edited)
    B - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL: 162E 38C (taken from evilj :3)
    C - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL: 135C [135C] (taken from evilj :3)
    D - VETERAN GENERAL: 92M 158K [92M] (taken from evilj :3)
    ..that'll be
    538R + 92M + 84S + 300E + 219K + 320C
    troops needed.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 09.01.14 at 10:50.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    the added a road to the map since the guide was done so camp A on the second block at a few more seconds

Reply to Thread