Reply to Thread

Thread: Improving the end of adventures

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Improving the end of adventures

Hello,
    I am actually surprised that no one every mentioned this one. At the moment the fact that you validate the main quest in an adventure ejects everyone from it and sends troops and generals home, but with the actual system a miss click can happen really quick and having troops travel home 1.5h or even worth loosing loot is really a pain for just a miss click... The worst part is that you validate quests all day long and suddenly it can have a big negative impact without even a pop up saying are you sure you want to close the adventure...

What i am proposing would be that you can say "i am done in this adventure" and this even before the quest is completed ! And once every player has validated the "i am done" and the quest is validated only then the adventure would end.

This way everyone can validate the quest and terminate the adventure (if the other have checked i am done) so you can go afk and let someone else finish the adventure and everyone can make sure that they have loaded they troops and done what they need in the adventure.

And if you are worried by someone joining the adventure and going afk before checking the "i am done" button you can imagine a "throw everybody out in 15min" button for the owner of the adventure once the quest is validated.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for finding the way for avoiding complete adv mistakenly but -1 for the way you described.

The problem a lot of players could be in rush and send attack and go afk, even with that "i am done in this adventure", the player could forget, players right now forget to send attack, and go sleep ! this new thing you propose will make things even worst and make players stuck in the adv.

Overall, the suggestion looks so complex to even make players understand new behavior!

I think to simplify the whole process is make the owner of the adv or anybody else joined, click a button to complete final task like (Confirm) button so, you avoid that "Complete" notification from tempting you to click it.
    Hello People

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    -1 billion.

Even more possibilities of peopel locking down an adv so you can't complete? No thanks. Have you ever had someone who forgot they bought a ls from you, sent general and then just disappeared from game. I have, repeatedly. So far I have been able to wait it out and not had to complete before they made a kill. But am sure it's just a matter of time.

The current solution is in no way problematic. You don't click questbook until you are done! It's very simple. In the majority of cases you can't even complete it until ls ppl have done a kill because that last boss is what keeps ls camps up.

Don't mindlessly validate game quests all day! No problem.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but as the click main quest complete is already a two step process it's impossible to just miss click it, if somebody told you they had then they was not being truthful. You have to first open the window then click complete.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont think we should have to click too many times to complete. But I do wish we could get red of the very tempting ever flashing "quest completed" that is flashing and tempting to be clicked at - and sometimes make players click and finish by reflex before owner of adventure have time to pick up troops.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    +1 for finding the way for avoiding complete adv mistakenly but -1 for the way you described.
    I think to simplify the whole process is make the owner of the adv or anybody else joined, click a button to complete final task like (Confirm) button so, you avoid that "Complete" notification from tempting you to click it.
    I had to read this 3 times and i am still not sure i get what you tryed to say. Do you mean a confirmation pop up like wen you click destroy a buildling? This would indeed be better than the actual version

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    -1 billion.

Even more possibilities of peopel locking down an adv so you can't complete? No thanks. Have you ever had someone who forgot they bought a ls from you, sent general and then just disappeared from game. I have, repeatedly. So far I have been able to wait it out and not had to complete before they made a kill. But am sure it's just a matter of time.

The current solution is in no way problematic. You don't click questbook until you are done! It's very simple. In the majority of cases you can't even complete it until ls ppl have done a kill because that last boss is what keeps ls camps up.

Don't mindlessly validate game quests all day! No problem.
    1) "throw every body out" function after quest is validated with a timer like 15 min like mentioned in my first post
    2) well people buying ls and validating quest before i can move my troops from tav gen to fast gen happens to repeatedly.... and its just a matter of time before they do it while the troops are in no gen at all....
    3)the current solution is not intuitive at all to the extend that every new players has to be made aware of this by guild members and most of them screw it up anyway at least once, so i am not sure the "in no way problematic" is the right choice of words....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What do you do if player C sends their attack and logs off without validating.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliblabla View Post
    I had to read this 3 times and i am still not sure i get what you tryed to say. Do you mean a confirmation pop up like wen you click destroy a buildling? This would indeed be better than the actual version

Exactly like Pay resource button.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread