Reply to Thread

Thread: (NEW FEATURE) for Mayor's House / Storehouse

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb (NEW FEATURE) for Mayor's House / Storehouse

Hello.
    Because of multiple complex relationships betwin buildings and resources - its very hard to find out what to develop next,
    especially at later stages when player have many buildings, because of very important feature is missing.

I would like to suggest, to add a small feature to Mayor's House / Storehouse which would seriously increase playability
    and decrease confusion which leads many players to dissapointment because of wrong development choices taken.

It would be very nice if you can add to tooltip's shown by resources stored in Mayor's House and Storehouse's
    information which would tell "resource income rate in total".

(income resource rate = total resource produced - total resource used up ...for negative values it can be shown as 0,
    This information dont even need to be calculated on server side, but can be calculated simply on client side from information which
    is available to game client about building types / his actual production / resource availability ect)

For example :
    Now when you click on Mayor's house or Storehouse and then hover mouse above "fir wood" you would see tooltip which say "firwood 400/600".
    It would be nice to expand each resource information to say "what amount of this resource is gained per hour".
    Example :
    "Firwood 400/600"
    "+5 per hour"
    <--- this should be added to resource tooltip in Storehouse.
    "Wheat 0/600"
    "+0 per hour"
    <--- this should be added to resource tooltip in Storehouse.

Ect...
    It would give to player an idea, about what should be developed next, and what should'nt,
    without need of scrolling map to check every building and recalculate everything over and over.

This would be REALLY VERY USEFUL update if you would like to make it.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 10.02.12 at 09:29.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    agree
    very good suggestion

World
    Newfoundland

This may help you, I got it from a mod.
    click Here

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_EmpiresNL View Post
    This may help you, I got it from a mod.
    click Here
    Thank you Ghost_EmpiresNL for your reply and link, to tell the truth i know plenty of Settlers calculators.
    But this is exacly what im talking about.....

Its VERY uncomfortable, complex and dissapointing that players are forced to count his buildings manually,
    check and write down each building data and fill excell spreadsheets every fiew minutes with thousands of buildings data

(especially at later game stages) to find out which building would be good to build in current situation to proceed in game,
    just because of lack of very simple statistic in Storehouse which would simply tell "sum of resources produced / used" at current moment.
    This information is necessary for players to make (not blindly assume) decisions about what should be developed next
    and what not need to be developed at current moment.

Im surprised and dissapointed that, game where everything is heavily based and totally dependent on complex relationships
    betwin buildings and resources, not provide EVEN so simple statistic in Storehouse like "sum of resources produced / used".

Really its good that Storehouse show at least how many resources player have
    or else players would be forced to scroll around map in zoom mode and try to catch these small settlers
    to count fast what they carry >,< ... comeon... this would be just ridicolous.
    Well, currently it almost is ridicolous to "assume" what resource is needed by watching at building if they have (!) icon above.
    This game is about developing and building, It looks very nice but not "how cute it looks" counts here mostly.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 10.02.12 at 22:22.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hey friend
    You can try my calculator, thanks to support to existing mods you can import all buildings and storehouse levels in 4 simple clicks

Check more: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...agement-script

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you GacekSSJ4 for your reply.
    Since you mentioned it have ability to import buildings and other data - it can be really good solution then. I will try it.

Your reply also gave me some further idea but i will not mention it yet untill i gather more informations in this topic.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah there are many 3rd party tools with game import in the run

Reply to Thread