Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Settlers Football World Championship

World
    Newfoundland
    I see a lot of questions regarding the deactivation of the shop at the same time as the event.

Please also take into account that while the shop does not remain open after deactivation, this event was longer than previous ones so the shop items were available for a similar amount of time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I see a lot of questions regarding the deactivation of the shop at the same time as the event.

Please also take into account that while the shop does not remain open after deactivation, this event was longer than previous ones so the shop items were available for a similar amount of time.
    I would ask you not to insult my intelligence. The simple fact is with the event mechanics players are going to end up with needed collectables and needed footballs which they will not be able to use for the purpose they was intended for. If they was physical products you would be in contravention of English law.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 10.07.14 at 18:19. Reason: typo fixed
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I would ask you not to insult my intelligence.
    What he said...

The hardest job in the world is having to defend the indefensible. For your own sanity and if you want to maintain even a shred of respect as community manager, Ravel, don't try it.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Larili, my sentiment exactly. I find it very expensive to trade for the buff items (especially shoes and springs), just managed enough buffs to finish semi-final, thought that 12 days of collectibles might just be enough to finish the final (with a little trade as well)....a little disappointing to think I wont have time now...unless trade prices for collectibles go down given that more players may now give up and decide to sell their collectibles?

World
    Newfoundland
    I demand my 12 days to complete the finals!

do not give something just to take it away before it can be used. Silly!

the start of this event to me is proof enough critical errors have been made in de event mechenics.
    at least be men about it and admit AND correct the obvious mistake being made.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I would ask you not to insult my intelligence.
    Easter lasted from the 9th to the 30th of April (21 days).
    Summer Event: 13th of June to 15th of July.

Not insults, just facts that nobody seemed to notice and that I believed would shed some light on the shop deactivation.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Problem isn't in whole time of event, problem is that we have least time for hardest match

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny_cz View Post
    Problem isn't in whole time of event, problem is that we have least time for hardest match
    A fact, it seems, BB wishes to avoid responding too..

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    after reading most of the forum posts I sit back and think we all complain about a lot. personally, I enjoyed the event and I thank BB for putting it up for us. they try their best to keep things fair and keep us engaged. I enjoyed looking for my collectibles and playing the matches. I could only log in once a day for most of the event, so I missed a lot of them, but I have still managed to do the matches. yep, collectibles were ridiculously priced, but that was created by us players, and only goes to show that we are really greedy

I hope BB doesn't take all the negativity to heart so I can participate in more events after all, if all you get is complaints, they may think the whole event idea just isn't worth it.

so once again, thank you BB

World
    Sandycove
    I do think it is nonsensical to have the Final Match last for 12 days when the shop will be deactivated well before its expiry date. So even if those struggling manage to get it done, they will end up with footballs they cannot spend until the next Footy event - 2016 is that?

This really needs to be rushed through to the devs and a response made ASAP before the event shutdown.

Reply to Thread