Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What else do you play?

World
    Newfoundland

What else do you play?

Hey all,

Thought a good way to bring TSO community together would be to see what everyone else enjoys playing. Having a good chat about our likes and dislikes in games. As well as seeing if anyone has played together before.

I personally play a lot of Heroes Kingdoms. Another browser based strategy game based on the hit PC games. Really good, exciting game with lots of PvP and in-depth strategy.
    Graphically it's a nice game as well.
    Currently on Season 3 and having a good time - stepping up to a major alliance trying to defend our territory, it's proving to be very tense, but very exciting.

Been given Skyrim as well, which I'll install soon. Bursting to play this though, heard many many good things about it. So far I've heard "Oblivion - but a lot better".
    Dragons, magic, fantasy - what can go wrong?

Also purchased Anno 2070. Looks to be an interesting futuristic city builder. Not tried Anno 1404, but equally, heard good things about that game. Will be quite fun to build up a futuristic city based on the problems of today and where we could be heading in our future.
    Anyone else out there played this yet? Your thoughts?

Was playing FFXIV a while back, but since they've brought in a subscription - I quit. The game was good, but lacked a lot, and when the devs started to implement the good stuff (and believe me, it was a big step up) they brought the subscription period in. Good game for the FF fans though, and amazing graphics for an MMOPRG.

GW is another game I played for about 2 years. Was a nice free MMO with good PvP, farming, skills, equipment and events. Not played it for a long time however. Ended up getting about 200k for all my minis, not to shabby!

Now down to you guys and gals, what takes your fancy?
    Last edited by Rohab; 02.12.11 at 00:56.

Psychyn
    Hrm.. Let's see. I tried HK but couldn't get into it and stopped after a few days. Just wasn't the game for me, but then again, I've never had a real interest to the "Might & Magic" genre. I played it, enjoyed it but never was bothered to finish it. ^^

Apart from that.. Civilization V, great graphics fun gameplay although the AI could still seriously need improvement. Trading is rather impossible with them and so are diplomatic responses. Tear down each city but one of your enemy, offer peace and they won't accept it till you give them x amount of gold and resources. Hello?! Who's threatening to bomb your last city? You or me bro?!

GTA IV, also a fun one but admittedly lost the old charms of GTA 3 and Gta Vice city. Keeps you busy though, and although the graphics have improved the radio's and general atmosphere in the game is lacking. Good thing we can import our own songs on the PC version. Don't get me wrong, I like the game but I don't 'love' it as much as I did with GTA 3 & GTA VC.

What else.. Godfathers five families, an open beta of a facebook game about running your family to the top. It's fun when you start out, but once your buildings hit level 9 and you reach the top 10 you realize there's not enough to do. ^^ I'm losing interest in that as well.

.. Gees, I'm being rather positive about games in this post ain't I?

Well, also playing LoL (League of Legends) casually, level 5 and not that great at it yet but I'll get the hang of it. Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Terraria at times and that's about it. Pretty sure I'm not the only one with those last four, maybe all MC fans could get together and make a "Settlers Minecraft" edition.. Random thought, loads of work but heck. You got to admit, that'd be sweet.

.. I sure play a lot of games. Too much free time. ^^

Edit; Oh and the glances I had from Skryim were positive! Characters look -a lot- better, you don't need to install 20 mods to get them the way you want them any more. Hairstyles are better, eyes actually look decent this round instead of colourless. Skyrim is a definite improvement from Oblivion, but it's very different with mood and environment. Asked it for xmas but a friend brought it over last weekend. ^^

World
    Newfoundland
    I played Settlers4 pretty much day and night for 5 years,to say I played isnt really correct,I was a moderator in there,so most of that time was spent helping players with issues in the game,of which there were lots ,I intermingled S4 with Diablo2 for a good few years,once WoW was released I joined friends on the US servers,basically became an addict and as they say the rest is history,I still play casually in WoW,but certainly not to the extent I used to..Im eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo3

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    swtor beta and skyrim at present

World
    Newfoundland
    Played all the AoE games Starcraft, Starwars the RTS versions, Warcraft the RTS versions, WoW the mmo version, LOTR return of the Return of the Witch King, RTW, All the HOMM Games includeing the new Heroes VI game, Heroes Kingdoms which has gone from a realy good game early beta's through to Season's 1 and 2 to this season were it's been turned into a pile of crap, plus the graphics are so 8 bit and very poor.
    This settlers game is the only one I have played, don't normaly play stuff like this but it seem's ok just hope they don't turn it into another H K!! am getting skyrim soon also.
    They need other factions in this though, or people will loose interest imo.
    Have A Good Time All The Time :-)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    More an FPS kinda guy, been playing Quake, UT, BF, MW, .. these days.

Though TES and Anno seem to appear more and more in my pc..

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Web browser games i play: Travian and this
    "Normal" games i play: All the new ones and some old xD got a game library over 1000 so it depends on what mood i am in

World
    Newfoundland
    Civilization V was a good game, completed it too early though and thought it a breeze. I loved the graphics though, it's what drew me into the game.

Got to agree with you about GTA IV. 3 was amazing, though lacking in graphics, the story was just amazing. Same about Vice City, finally - HE SPEAKS - good character design and creation to pull you in. Loved the chainsaw and gold carts as well.

You'll have to tell us how Skyrim goes for you. I've still yet to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychyn View Post
    Civilization V, great graphics fun gameplay although the AI could still seriously need improvement.

GTA IV, also a fun one but admittedly lost the old charms of GTA 3 and Gta Vice city.

Edit; Oh and the glances I had from Skryim were positive!
    Nice going Pen. Not tried S4 myself, but heard good things. Helping the community one way or another, hey?

D2 was amazing, made even better with LoD. Loved the Druid - basically a friendlier 'looking' version of the Necro, but still had some awesome skills.
    Not so sure on D3 though. I loved the style of D2, it was gothic and dirty and perfectly suited the whole style of the game with the music and monsters etc. D3 looks a bit too much like WoW graphics - shinny gem like characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I played Settlers4 pretty much day and night for 5 years,to say I played isnt really correct,I was a moderator in there,so most of that time was spent helping players with issues in the game,of which there were lots ,I intermingled S4 with Diablo2 for a good few years,once WoW was released I joined friends on the US servers,basically became an addict and as they say the rest is history,I still play casually in WoW,but certainly not to the extent I used to..Im eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo3
    I completely agree with you Ados. S1 and S2 were really good. Nicely paced, challenging and were a test of strategy and skill rather than 'who can use the most seals'.

Thanks to TSO I've been losing interest in MMHK due to S3. It's such a shocking mess what they've done - not properly tested anything, then pushing it all out regardless.
    I hope with the new posts Loosha has posted that the game will get back on track...some time in the future. For now, TSO will do me and MMHK can be that background check game I log in to once a day or so until it's sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ados View Post
    Heroes Kingdoms which has gone from a realy good game early beta's through to Season's 1 and 2 to this season were it's been turned into a pile of crap, plus the graphics are so 8 bit and very poor.
    To ad to the list, I've currently started playing Anno 2070. So far, there are good things to say about it, but this is because I've only really just started it. So far it's nice to try and gain an equilibrium between the Tycoons and Ecos when producing raw resources - trying to keep your environment clean, while making some much needed dollar.
    Last edited by Rohab; 01.12.11 at 09:16.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Generally I play PS3 games (GTA, Assassins Creed, Fallout 3, CoD MW and looking forward to purchasing Skyrim soon) and very rarely play online, so I found an MMORPG like MMHK something new and exciting. Been playing MMHK for a while now myself and have to say they've ruined it with Season 3.

Found this game and so far I'm really liking it. Love the graphics and the way you build up your resources/dwellings. I'm interested to see how they incorporate PvP later in the game.

I, like Rohab (who I think I was in an alliance with in MMHK S2 if I remember correctly?), think TSO will be my main browser game of choice for the foreseable future with MMHK taking a backseat.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey BonzoDooDah,

Yup, we were in an alliance together in S2. May have been S1 as well, were you with WoD in S1? Agreed though, S3 is a disaster. Their player base is falling so much, it's hard to think how the game will survive.

Should give me your PS3 tag so we can play some MW2 (if you have it) online some time. I've got got a PS3, which, in my opinion, beats Xbox for it's entertainment features. The online community is slowly picking up as well. Plus, there are some nice games on PS3 (Enchanted, Killzone etc) and the fact discs are on blu-ray...which beats XBox selling their games with multiple discs.

Agree on the graphics of this though, pulled me in straight away. Glad to be playing it.

Reply to Thread