Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Server Call Failed", sometimes every few minutes!?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Exclamation "Server Call Failed", sometimes every few minutes!?

There's no way to play like this. What can be done to fix the problem?
    Thank you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Again, and again...

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I used to get this problem occasionally, but it's usually a problem at your end, not with the game's servers. There are some things you can do to help this though.
    • Are you downloading/uploading anything? While playing, stop any other internet-using programs, as these will eat your computers bandwidth to the point that the game's signals to and from the server time-out.
    • Is anyone else in your house downloading/uploading? If you use a shared router, then other people may be sapping the bandwidth provided by your ISP. Play the game when they go out...?
    • Are you on Wifi? How's your connection? Most wifi signals can only punch through a couple of walls, or even with clear line-of-sight, may struggle to reach over about 20 metres. If you are on a wireless internet connection, try moving closer to the router.
    • Do you have other browser tabs open? If those other tabs have websites with Flash-based adverts on them, then they could be using up both bandwidth and CPU time, leading to server time-outs. Close any un-needed browser tabs, especially any that update themselves (FB, Email), use Flash, or have adverts.
    • Is your computer getting a little old? As I said earlier, I had 'Server Call Failed' occasionally in the past, but this was cured after simply upgrading the RAM memory in my computer from 768Mb to 4Gb. If your computer occasionally runs slowly, then try a memory upgrade, or even upgrade the computer itself.
    Once you've tried all the above, if you are still having problems, then I'm not sure what else to suggest - I haven't had a single 'Server Call Failed' message since upgrading my RAM, and before I upgraded, then checking other points above always helped.

World
    Northisle
    I`m getting exact same problem each time they upload something on News page on the login page 27257-Updating-News-causes-Server-Fails

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    whats with all the server fails last few days i am being disconnected every time i do a action its becoming tiresome

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I had that problem with Puffin on mobile until Puffin's flash support was upgraded. So check you're on latest flash version.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Jamdoggy, first of all thanks on your reply.
    Based on my configuration, computer is OK: Intel i5-2405S 2.5GHz, 16 GB RAM. Have wired connection, so that's not issue. There was no downloading or any similar thing.
    Good thing is that problem is gone (hope for good).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Solution: update Flash.
    Looks like they are using "latest and greatest" Flash features, so after their maintenance "old" Flash has problems. There was same problem again, but after I restarted my comp (and forced the Flash upgrade), problem was gone.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i cant start playing for about 10 hours what will happen with my economy and the rest? everytime for las 10 hours i start play- i get unswer - server zone crashed. whats happening?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    got a pc technician to look at my pc. Before i upgraded Flash, but there were no changes. So, technician look and said - its a game server problem.... well., hope it will get fixed soon...

Reply to Thread