Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I need a guild =)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    biggest question:

HOW can u make this a guild event if the decorations are not tradeable? Sounds more like one person's effort with maybe sharing gem cost for gifts around, which kinda limits this event to a gem spending one to win. If the decorations were tradable within guild, then you could use event decorations, adventure reward decorations and bought ones to make a cool town- selecting the person with the best starting position to work on. Else it just is one person doing it all and everyone else standing and watching and kinda diminishing guild involvement to advice and trowing euros at your chosen person (and limiting the amount of decorations usable)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RubendePuben View Post
    Euhm, I have a lot of flowers, just by doing Adventures. Also toolsheds and abondoned watermills and whatnot.. :] I suppose those count too?
    Absolutely RubendePuben, those decorations count as well.

Some of you quite rightly pointed out that decorations can not be traded, you are quite right: the only way is to gift the decorations... Nevertheless, decorations cost ridiculously small amounts of gems and I'm positive that players get more than enough gems for free when leveling up to be able to contribute that way

BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can I add frame border? Will points be deducted for that?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Nevertheless, decorations cost ridiculously small amounts of gems and I'm positive that players get more than enough gems for free when leveling up to be able to contribute that way

BB_Azariel
    Unless you happen to have been stuck at lvl 32 for absolutely ages saving up resources to start adventuring and need to save those rare gems to actually progress in the game.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to have events, but this one is mainly for those who who can afford to spend real surplus income. A bit elitist like a "village in bloom" competition in real life where retired folk and busy bodies show off the fruits of their plentiful leisure time and deep pockets.

Also, there seem to be members who would be excluded unless they join or create a guild, not fair for those who prefer gaming alone.

If decorations were available for coins or resources this would be so much fun for all and add a whole new area to the game, not just a competition but a permernant feature.

This game is a business though, and the sales push is no surprise, getting folks to spend the St Patrick's Day gems they may have bought....on a game that isn't finished yet.

You also say decorations cost "rediculously small amounts of gems". That may be true, but I for one find gems very expensive in the first place.

Good luck with the promo and I can't wait to see who wins just for a laugh.
    It's mine and I'll wash it as fast as I like.

World
    Northisle
    Nerb: I don't agree with you here.. All events cant cater to everyone's possibility to participate.. Some events will be for Guilds which is good, others will be for players alone.. that is good as well.. but either we have all possibilities offered and given to us or we wont have any.. That is just how Democratic thinking works..
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    Nerb: I don't agree with you here.. All events cant cater to everyone's possibility to participate.. Some events will be for Guilds which is good, others will be for players alone.. that is good as well.. but either we have all possibilities offered and given to us or we wont have any.. That is just how Democratic thinking works..
    I agree with this and want to add that all the fan-art events will be won by people who know how to use things like Photoshop or who own a tablet for their PC.

Every event will be "elitist" in it's own way. If you don't want to take part in it... Well no one's going to force you x')

I look forward to seeing the first screenshots!

BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did you miss my screenshot?

World
    Newfoundland
    No I didn't Gene But I'm still looking forward to seeing more!

BB_Azariel

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The avatar and control panel at the bottom and the resource bar on the top are mandatory or not? Should we keep them in the screenshot or remove them?

Reply to Thread