Reply to Thread

Thread: Faster, easier and cleaner Trading Office

World
    Sandycove

Faster, easier and cleaner Trading Office

For upcoming and possible new upgrades for the Guild market, which looks very nice, I would suggest new UI for the Trading Office. As first, respect for this free game, all work here which is done so far etc, but I think that this would help recruiting new players into the Game. Problems for me are 2 things, not enough trading offers, 10+ is not enough bc we have too many items to trade and huge differences between players (level, storage, income, production funds etc) and second slow exchange of the goods from TO.

Here you can see how Im selected 1 offer from bottom TO offers (I can buy all from this picture) :

After I took the offer from TO, in the right corner of the picture you can see how Im returned at the top of the TO room :

Now I took some goods from Merchant and it was 10 times faster :

Also, many beginners do not understand how to add more loots per 1 trading offers. This is common obstacle for many, even higher leveled players, which have to be told by experienced player. Add some extra description would help.

One more thing cross my minds, wider and bigger TO screen would help, to see all listed (20 for exampe) offers from 1 of 14 (avg) rooms... resize screen... after purchasing the goods, slider do not return at the top of page...

Now, what ever is possible or what ever it should looks like or if anyone have better suggestion please let us know, but one thing is for sure, faster TO would involve me more in TO and I would surely help more lower players in their needs.
    Last edited by Fafarona; 12.09.17 at 00:59.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I second these suggestions. Trade Office is a bit confusing, especially when you are newbie to the game.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    huh

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can understand and agree that the trade office is a bit awkward to use, but I dont understand the suggestion.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    One more thing cross my minds, wider and bigger TO screen would help, to see all listed (20 for exampe) offers from 1 of 14 (avg) rooms... resize screen... after purchasing the goods, slider do not return at the top of page...

Unfortunately, not everyone has a 50 inch monitor and that is why the trade office window is the size it is.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post

Unfortunately, not everyone has a 50 inch monitor and that is why the trade office window is the size it is.
    I think its the resolution that maters most in this case. On my FullHD 15.6" lappy, 22" monitor and 40" TV TO looks the same small.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by M6mmix View Post
    I think its the resolution that maters most in this case. On my FullHD 15.6" lappy, 22" monitor and 40" TV TO looks the same small.

Very nice. But BlueByte still have to cater for people that may be running a 10.1" display at 800x1280
    or any other older device with small screen and low resolution
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 14.09.17 at 06:40.

World
    Sandycove
    True, my display is 24w - 16:10 full HD and TO screed cover only 1/9 of the display. Could be problem do any changes, I agree, but also do not play any other games, so I do not know how TO looks elswhere beside The Settlers. Everyone should ask himself, how many times per a week I buy from a Trade Office? For this purpose I did make my own analysis:

1 page = 50 offers avg
    11 pages avg = 550 total count for all offers in Trading Office
    550 total offers / 11 offers per player (1 free+10 for gc) = 50 players
    aprox. 15 players from 20 Guilds = 300 people
    300%50 = ~ 17% TO activity.

If it is on my opinion, TO activity is poor, showing not only a small number of bids, but the total number of buyers and the ones which use TO at all. Trading office should be a place for the exchange of goods, not just for profit. I agree that my suggestion(s) are bad or insufficient, but there are people who would be able to propose new ideas which would include more people in the trade office. Looking at these numbers I can understand that TO screen can not be horizontal, must be vertical (50 offers per 1 page is better than 10 offers per 5 pages), but at least, non returning slider would help me to use TO more frequently. Thank you
    Last edited by Fafarona; 14.09.17 at 21:14.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    it works, dont rock the boat!

Reply to Thread