Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP ?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

PvP ?

Hello,

I've heard that PVP (Player Vs Player) will be in game for december 2011... (from BlueByte staff)

We are now in November 2013... and no PVP is even planned.

Do we need to wait two more years ? or can we stop waiting now ?

Can you ask the people who know, who are in charge of this ? please ? we need to know !

Hope to have good news soon.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    You have my permission to stop waiting now.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Can you ask the people who know, who are in charge of this ? please ? we need to know !

World
    Sandycove
    could you post a link to where you found that pvp will be for december 2011?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh yes, it has been told few times. 2011 probably the first in dev diary The last was in 2013 jan (?) ...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    the link has been removed... i can't find it for the 2011 date... Google cache is your friend.

I found this :
    We spoke to this just last month in one of our dev diaries (dated 5/15):

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Effiluna View Post
    PVP

PVP is an important feature that is still on our roadmap. PVP has been delayed compared to previous plans, but it has not been cancelled. Due to its meaning for the game, a variety of ideas about how to design PVP for TSO were discussed and evaluated. There are different approaches which resulted in a couple of versions during the processes of design, balancing, and coding. Right now, we have to make the complex decision of which version is the best solution for TSO in terms of gameplay, balancing, and also regarding the technical aspects. Additionally, each complex feature needs an intense testing phase. At the end of the day, these are some of the reasons why we cannot tell you an ETA right now, but we want to assure you PVP is still on the roadmap.
    from http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...8390-Pvp/page2

so, they are working hard on PVP since 05/2013... What are the news about this work.... six month later (now) ?

Reply to Thread