Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Guide for "End of the World" adventure, using veteran general, crossbows and elite soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Move one normal and one fast general to G9:
    • Position A: NORMAL general
    • Position B: BATTLE HARDENED general or VETERAN general

If you do have one fast general, blocking camp 45 will save quite a lot of troops.
    Send both generals right after each other:

From A to Camp 45) 30 Tribesmen, 30 Shamans, 100 Jaguar Warriors
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [183S (-)] {120 - 140 seconds of fighting, minimal chance of 100 seconds}
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [161E (-)] {120 - 180 seconds of fighting}

From B to Camp 46) 50 Tribesmen, 50 Shamans
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [165R (25R - 28R - 30R)] {30 seconds of fighting}
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [29R 110S (25R - 28R - 29R)] {30 seconds of fighting}

The remaining marching time for general B from the moment general A starts his fight is about 65 seconds. The fight only lasts 30 seconds (1 round), so a block of more than 95 seconds is needed. Both block versions last at least 120 seconds, so you have about 25 seconds spare time. The chance that the block with 183 soldiers would last only 100 seconds, is so small (one in 2200) that it can be disregarded.
    Im afraid my fast general got interceptet in the friendly zone during this block. Cost me 122 elite soldiers
    Just a heads up for this, if its the same glitch as in block G2? Might be worth checking out. ;-)

Otherwise fabulos guide here. saved me about 100 recruits more than just walking straight through the map
    Keep up the good work

Cheers
    - Delphin

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've just updated the block for sector 2.
    It wasn't an interception within friendly territory, garrison C was erroneously placed by two flags...
    Morale being... don't count flags after midnight... lol

At the same time I've now moved all garrisons for the block on sector 2, so that position A is untouched from the block for sector 5.

I've just finished one adventure, and for that particular block from G9 to sector 4 my generals marched off at the same time.
    Despite that the fast general did not get intercepted.
    So I fear your case is one where the second general has marched faster than the first one.

I also had one case where the first blocking general has reached the camp and disappeared,
    but the fight never started and no smoke appeared. Thus the main general got intercepted and I lost soldiers again...

Lag, lag, lag... avoid doing blocks when it's laggy... but I can't... I need the blocks for the thrill...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    finished eotw again using Tage's blocks with losses of 349R and 92B, which is -40R and -66B improvement on first go, but i'd say i mostly saved in time. HOWEVER, this is not total as i also lost 64S on block of camp 73, which otherwise might have cost only 18R to kill... So i strongly suggest not trying that double block if u only have soldiers, not elites.

one other minor point - you don't need to produce so many spare bowmen - you can replace them with XB or LB (which most everyone has spare anyway) for fights that only use bowmen (B/LB/XB), just as long as you keep max loss amount of regular bowmen included to minimize losses. So for the loss of 92B i only had 100B or so for the whole adventure and did not lose any LB or XB.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Nice post. I'd like to add another option for blocking 30 Tribesmen, 30 Shamans, 100 Jaguar Warriors

BLOCKING NORMAL general: [183S (-)] {120 - 140 seconds of fighting, minimal chance of 100 seconds}
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [161E (-)] {120 - 180 seconds of fighting}
    3rd option:
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [40R, 15M, 60S, 85E (-)] {120 - 140 seconds of fighting}

World
    Northisle

In addition to the event rewards (see Dantesama's post here), this is the standard loot:

I don`t know how many times you guys got 350 granite out of it but I didn`t. What I did get was 250 granite most of the time and once 300 granite. So I think the standard loot isn`t that (especially since 250 granite doesn`t show anywhere). I think its: 250-300 granite and 300-350 ewl.

You will also occasionally get small loots from killing camps in within the adventure.
    I got it once out of 9 adventures (on the 5th).
    Last edited by Polymer; 15.12.12 at 18:47.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi all,

I had a chance to play the new version of The Nords, which is available through the purchase of the Special Edition box version of The Settlers Online

TThe camp setups and positions are in most cases completely different from the standard Nords. Also the new Nords, in contrary to the old Nords, is a 1-player adventure! When I was doing it, there was no guide available, so I thought that in order for my time spent calculating the needed troops for each camp not to be wasted, I will make a simple guide that shows Garrison positioning and needed troops . I hope you will find it helpful. (I played it on polish server, so I don't know the exact name for it in English)

The Nords 2
    Veteran General (with Crossbows), no blocks
    Average Losses: 243R 432M 1S

Tactical map (click to enlarge):

1. Attack setups have been calculated in a way that guarantees maximum safety of Crossbowmens.
    2. Elite soldiers can be switched with Soldiers. I prefer using ES as in some cases there is teeny-tiny chance that normal Soldier will die and ES will not.
    3. If you don't have 200+ XB, there is an alternative setup to kill camp 7 with the usage of: 45R 15C 189XB (average losses 27R).
    4. There is a huge potential for a successful block on camps 3 & 4. I will add them if I have another possibility to play it

As for the loot, it looks like 150% of classic Nords + 1 premium item. Items that I received are (there might be other items or you may receive none at all, no guarantees!):
    1) Ice Residence (+140 to population)
    Spoiler

2) A buff which can be translated as "A bag of rainbow snow". Duration: 4 day Production multiplicator: 4
    Spoiler

Disclaimer:

All garrison setups have been simulated 20000 times using this simulator.
    Even though I checked everything a couple of times, there still might be some typing errors.
    Please check everything by yourself before attacking any camp as I don't take responsibility for your losses.
    Last edited by EXiNX; 21.12.12 at 15:21. Reason: Added information about loot

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I've just updated the block for sector 2.
    It wasn't an interception within friendly territory, garrison C was erroneously placed by two flags...
    Morale being... don't count flags after midnight... lol

At the same time I've now moved all garrisons for the block on sector 2, so that position A is untouched from the block for sector 5.

I've just finished one adventure, and for that particular block from G9 to sector 4 my generals marched off at the same time.
    Despite that the fast general did not get intercepted.
    So I fear your case is one where the second general has marched faster than the first one.

I also had one case where the first blocking general has reached the camp and disappeared,
    but the fight never started and no smoke appeared. Thus the main general got intercepted and I lost soldiers again...

Lag, lag, lag... avoid doing blocks when it's laggy... but I can't... I need the blocks for the thrill...
    Tryed it a couple of times again now with succesfull result.
    So its possible that I misplaced my veteran garrison or something that could result in the bad outcome.
    Great guide Tage! thanks a million for your hard work :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by seeKlord View Post
    I'd like to add another option for blocking 30 Tribesmen, 30 Shamans, 100 Jaguar Warriors

3rd option:
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [40R, 15M, 60S, 85E (-)] {120 - 140 seconds of fighting}
    There are lots of optional ways of blocking these camps.
    Impossible to list them all, but I've added optional (and better) setups using R and S, instead of only S.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    I don`t know how many times you guys got 350 granite out of it but I didn`t. What I did get was 250 granite most of the time and once 300 granite. So I think the standard loot isn`t that (especially since 250 granite doesn`t show anywhere). I think its: 250-300 granite and 300-350 ewl.
    Yes, I agree, and I've updated the image.

Quote Originally Posted by EXiNX View Post
    I had a chance to play the new version of The Nords, which is available through the purchase of the Special Edition box version of The Settlers Online

The camp setups and positions are in most cases completely different from the standard Nords. When I was doing it, there was no guide available, so I thought that in order for my time spent calculating the needed troops for each camp not to be wasted, I will make a simple guide that shows Garrison positioning and needed troops . I hope you will find it helpful. (I played it on polish server, so I don't know the exact name for it in English)
    Thanks EXiNX.
    I hope we'll be able to play this adventure on the Euro servers soon as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Delphin View Post
    Tryed it a couple of times again now with succesfull result.
    So its possible that I misplaced my veteran garrison or something that could result in the bad outcome.
    Great guide Tage! thanks a million for your hard work :-)
    Thanks Delphin!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks EXiNX.
    I hope we'll be able to play this adventure on the Euro servers soon as well...
    I hope that too It's much more fun than standard Nords and there's a chance for an epic building.
    I also added information about loot and possible blocks (something you Tage might be interested in, hehe )

World
    Newfoundland
    It's much more fun than standard Nords and there's a chance for an epic building.
    I want that ice residence!!!

I also added information about loot and possible blocks (something you Tage might be interested in, hehe )

Are any of the leader camps in the same sector?

Looks like garrisons G2, G3 and G4 are placed within small areas that are friendly territory from the start?
    Last edited by Tage; 17.12.12 at 17:55.

Reply to Thread