Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Star Coins - BB please clarify

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    first player want more levels. now after bb add more level they want keep star coins.
    they don't think what will be. just care what is now.

if bb allow us to keep star coins they will complain on amount xp for next level, because they will choose star coins not xp.
    BB don't understand their own game

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    if bb allow us to keep star coins they will complain on amount xp for next level, because they will choose star coins not xp.
    Depends on how BB implements it. There could be several possibilities:
    - existing adventures (minus FT) give star coins, new adventures (arabian nights + whatever comes after level 50) give XP to level 50+ players
    - adventures give both XP and SC in loot - of which there can be two or more versions: all adventures give SC vs. select adventures give SC
    - adventures give SC and levels can be bought with SC in the epic market - IMO unlikely to happen because BB would have to implement an additional way of levelling up
    - adventures either give SC or XP: player's choice - IMO just as unlikely to happen because that would require to implement a whole new way of giving out loot - in addition to the already existing one because it would only affect level 50+ players

I don't think there would be many complaints if BB went with one of the first two choices (the old adventures give too little XP to be used to levelling past 50) but even if BB chose one of the other two ways: TSO is a game of economy, so if someone chooses to get star coins instead of XP, it's on them, not BB.
    Last edited by FishSmell; 25.08.15 at 15:52. Reason: edited for grammar and clarity

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    Depends on how BB implements it. There could be several possibilities:
    - existing adventures (minus FT) give star coins, new adventures (arabian nights + whatever comes after level 50) give XP to level 50+ players
    - adventures give both XP and SC in loot - of which there can be two or more versions: all adventures give SC vs. select adventures give SC
    - adventures give SC and levels can be bought with SC in the epic market - IMO unlikely to happen because BB would have to implement an additional way of levelling up
    - adventures either give SC or XP: player's choice - IMO just as unlikely to happen because that would require to implement a whole new way of giving out loot - in addition to the already existing one because it would only affect level 50+ players

I don't think there would be many complaints if BB went with one of the first two choices (the old adventures give too little XP to be used to levelling past 50) but even if BB chose one of the other two ways: TSO is a game of economy, so if someone chooses to get star coins instead of XP, it's on them, not BB.
    Not correct. SA can give me 400-500K xp per day. also BK and nords giving very good xp (200-300K per day).
    also what for player they don't want/need star coins? you can spend new units very fast and what after that? i will not be able to play BK/sa/ nords to get some additional xp per day?

you can't add all new units and buildings on lvl 50, what will be after lvl 50 if we unlock everything on lvl 50?
    BB don't understand their own game

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Right and they will give all new players 6 gempits as well.
    As it stands once you've bought the extra MG and the Island deeds, beans and stalks are fairly useless again and they are one of the drops from Ali Baba adventures. I didn't mention a price and never mentioned altering the cool downs on purchases. As fair as the weekly login for 50+ going up to 200 gems it really wouldn't be that different from the situation at the moment, I'm going to take a wild guess and say most people still playing past 50 will be gaining more than 60,000 xp per week, they could even have a little meter to make sure you did.

World
    Northisle
    As of last update on testserver the mini-quests Panda something and the tikki takka one both now give experience and Star Coins... 75 the Panda one and 150 the tikki takka one. Also i noticed a couple other quests on main chain giving both experience and star coins... if those are enough i don't know because the mini quests don't have a final price yet, although i've seen on test forum they now are drops on normal FT adventures. if 100% or not i don't know.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah tried em too. Seems like a planned change or a test from BB side.

World
    Newfoundland
    Some seem to assume we can have star coin or exp at level 50 but not both. Why cant we have both? Of course lvl 75 might need some new and amazing reward too. But that a good thing. Lets have more stuff! Not just re issue what is already.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    Not correct. SA can give me 400-500K xp per day. also BK and nords giving very good xp (200-300K per day).
    Hahaha I am so not going to start doing 10 SAs a day! I'd go mad, I think, if I had to. The most adv I did in a day was 5 RB during some event.

I don't really need star coins, just pointing it out that it would be doable, if BB wanted to do it, to keep them with the new level cap.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    Hahaha I am so not going to start doing 10 SAs a day! I'd go mad, I think, if I had to. The most adv I did in a day was 5 RB during some event.

I don't really need star coins, just pointing it out that it would be doable, if BB wanted to do it, to keep them with the new level cap.
    I always found the worst part about doing an RB fest was touting the lootspots in Trade chat and waiting for the looters to get their kills.
    My plan for the 50 to 56 stretch therefore is to drop a 7 day prem with a HLT rtf, crunch SA repeatedly and just ignore trying to sell the lootspots (i.e. finish them as solo adventures). The 600 or 800gc for the lootspot is outweighed by a little extra speed and easier (solo) blocks. After those 7 days, likely level 54 or close to that, I will probably take a break.

I rather like the idea of keeping star coins along with new xp, though figured BB would lower the drop rate accordingly.
    Personally, I would have opened star coins to everyone (level 17 upwards) and added something like a 10% chance of them dropping as a bonus in every adventure.

World
    Newfoundland
    They should keep the star coins after lvl50, so in the loot you get xp and star coins... the XP needed to level up after lvl 50 is huge, and the new units (enemies) are very hard.
    And for the players who are new and aren't lvl 50 is like you running a marathon and suddenly someone puts the finish line so far away...

Reply to Thread