Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: timer on moving buildings

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

timer on moving buildings

for days now i been revamping my island as i get the resources to move stuff ..i start again today but after moving the first building it now says i have to wait 60 seconds b4 i can move another ..with that delay it will drag on trying to move stuff why all of a sudden is there a timer

World
    Sandycove
    I think this is to do with ppl getting locked out zone errors. They introduced the timer to prevent this bug occurring apparently

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Repost (with edits) but it seems now to fit a little better here.

There is a 60 second cooldown between moving buildings:

"The next building can be moved in 59(?) seconds" The red on brownish slate isn't terribly easy to read.

If your build queue is full you may also see:

"Your build queue is full."

but this seems to be just in the graphic. You don't actually need an open building slot to move a building, the timer counts down and unlocks regardless.

Players are guessing this is an attempt to avoid zones crashing under certain conditions and locking people out but BB haven't said.

If it is meant to "stop" zone crashes I'm afraid it doesn't go far enough, things other than *moving* cause them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Happened to me just now while I was building and upgrading new improved storehouses that I bought after tonights maintenance

[Post-Maint 14/11]
    Alpaca, any chance we could get some info?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    So to fix one annoying thing they introduce another annoying thing? Way to treat symptoms instead of the actual problem...

World
    Newfoundland

Is this something new?

I discovered this today, didn't know:

LOL, why?
    Last edited by JessieSun; 14.11.13 at 12:44.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephalad View Post
    So to fix one annoying thing they introduce another annoying thing? Way to treat symptoms instead of the actual problem...
    welcome to the BB's world !

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    disgusting!
    [removed] was that? not only involves buildings , but decorations too ....BB pls ....this is nonsense from a player p-o-v , why the hell u did that???'
    really to fix a bug ?

Hello eugenio-82,

Please do not use profanity.

Thank you,
    Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 14.11.13 at 13:44.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm somewhat amused as why waiting a mere 60 seconds is so much of an issue, you are playing TSO after all. I'd rather wait 60 seconds than have another `Zone error bug' that locks you out completely and you have to `hope' that the script fixes it during the night. I do a lot of rearranging over on test and its not a big issue once you get use to it, or maybe its because I can do more than one thing at a time, so usually I do
    My only gripe is that despite the question being politely asked both here and on test, we have not had an official announcement about what it is actually for.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    ok , sorry , i just wanted to express my disappointing ...... re-organize my city was a great piece of fun , now's gone .....it's impossible to wait so much time to move fews decos.......

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    They introduced this and I got my first ever 'Error detected on zone' lock-out today.

Obviously their 'fix' does not work. Not happy here, especially as mid way through a premium week.

[Edit] Just managed to log back in now... maybe this does help, only took 30 mins rather than waiting for 2am script to run [/Edit]

Happier here now
    Even got a mail from support saying they had looked at the problem and removed the zone error.
    Well done BB support/fixy team
    Last edited by Tripi; 15.11.13 at 10:11.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Reply to Thread