Reply to Thread

Thread: Worth producing iron swords?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Worth producing iron swords?

Hy!

Is it worth to keep up a production chain both for iron swords and steel swords, or should I just invest my iron ores on steel sword production? I used militia only until I was able to train soldiers during the clearing of home island, and I didn't use any militia on horseback adventure. Is there any adventure where I shall use militia instead of soldiers, or I can completely shut down iron sword production?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't own a single soldier. Steel is a complete waste of time. Stick with the iron sword and militia production.

Is there any adventure where I shall use militia instead of soldiers
    Any Fairy Tale Adventure

World
    Sandycove
    No one can really say one way or another as we all play differently. You will lose militia on the higher adventures, but some make do with buying swords from the TO. ( good job too as I sell them ) I concentrate on steel sword production but with the chain in place having a iron sword smith or two is no big deal if you have the licences.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I, on the other hand, only make steel swords and use soldiers exclusively. Recruits and militia are just so squishy in compariosion, I do adventures loosing 1/4 to 1/3 of the numbers in the guides.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyczy View Post
    Hy!

Is it worth to keep up a production chain both for iron swords and steel swords, or should I just invest my iron ores on steel sword production? I used militia only until I was able to train soldiers during the clearing of home island, and I didn't use any militia on horseback adventure. Is there any adventure where I shall use militia instead of soldiers, or I can completely shut down iron sword production?
    It's impossible to say, as others have indicated. It depends on your play style and what adventures you like doing. If nothing else, there are lower level players who will need them so you could sell them.

I have found less use for militia as I've leveled up but there are still some adventures I like playing that use them, and I'd rather make them then buy them. So my advice would be flexible and not completely destroy the chain but sleep it until needed.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Rather depends on your outlook to the game, it is perfectly feasible to do every adventure losing only recruits and bows, the sacrifice is you use much higher quantities of bread making retired bandits. Economically this is cheaper than using Iron or Steel swords being as both are considerably more expensive than sacrificing loads of Bronze swords and bows.

The downside of losing only recruits and bows is invariably you will have to use more suicide waves to take out camps on adventures such as fairytale adventures, Militia and Soldiers really come into their own once you get yourself a Major General then it becomes very easy to take out bigger camps in one wave.

As mentioned playstyle has an influence on whether or not you continue to produce them also, those who Block invariably use guides to do so and most guides will use Militia and Soldiers.

Not entirely sure but if you are in a guild doing guild quests there may or may not be some that require you to produce them from time to time and as we have seen the recent crisis quest has had a emphasis on production so that might be a factor in future.

Overall I'd probably have some production but balance it out with the rest of your economy if nothing else they're good for trading.

World
    Newfoundland
    Agree with Xibor and others. Depends on you. From my experience there was a long period where i did not use any bows at all. Now i use many. Recruits and Bowmen are fast and easy to produce in large numbers. It depends on what you want to do. As well as how you want to do it. If you want to run 1 BLT / Day with no blocks. Or 1 -2 BK using blocks. You would change / optimize your production to fit what you need.
    Rule of thumb though , if the building licences are not needed, then leave the building- Just in case.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for all the replies!

My production chain now looks like:

1 lvl.1 Iron weaponsmith
    3 lvl.2 Iron smelter
    1 lvl.2 Steel smelter
    1 lvl.1 Steel weaponsmith

I also have a balanced Bronze sword production with a Lvl.1 and a Lvl.2 Bronze weaponsmith, and I plan to upgrade both to lvl.3, and balance it out. I have 10-14 free building licenses for placing my iron mines, which I can supply with plenty of tools from my 3 lvl.3 toolmakers to upgrade. I can use rest of the licences for the upgraded bronze sword chain.
    Most of the time my tactic is to go with a lot of cheap recruits (and bowmen if I have to use them as cannon fodder for the first strike units), and support them with stronger units to do the damage, without loosing as few as possible "value" units (or without loosing any, if possible).

I plan to play 1 or 2 adventures a week, so my chains can easily support the 500-700 recruits per adventure, and my bread and brew production is also enough for that. I also use blocking if possible to farther reduce my losses.

I decided to sleep my iron sword production for now, and sleep one of those lvl.2 iron smelters (or let it produce the iron to create some backup stock).

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    if ur following guides u will need more iron wepsmiths

some of these replies were to hard for me to follow, dunno how some new guy managed it lol!
    Last edited by vigabrand; 25.05.16 at 15:08.

World
    Newfoundland
    I personally produce everything that I had unlocked so far, level 42, in my economic overview everything is green, just take a look at couple of economy screenshots////
    Building Materials

Food

Weapons

Science

Resources

Resources

The only yellow & red problems are titanium,exotic productions....
    Last edited by DrBoom; 26.05.16 at 13:49.

Reply to Thread