Reply to Thread

Thread: Other languages?

World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Other languages?

Greetings. Great game you got there. Yet, it is kinda missing the language support, and probably because there isn't any other languages other than english (correct me if I am wrong).

That being said, I would like to personally contribute if such plans arise. I am fluent in english and serbian is my native tongue. Furthermore, I believe it would be nice addition to this great experience and also an opportunity for the game to grow and be known even more.

Whatever and whichever the way it goes, I am happy anyway.

Keep up the good work
    Best Wishes!

World
    Northisle
    There are other servers with different languages http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-and-Languages

World
    Northisle
    There used to be other language channels which players could access but- so I understand- they were not used very much and so were removed. I can't remember when this was but I think it was less than a year ago. I suppose it's possible that if your idea gets enough support, they would consider adding a few not-English channels, though.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    There used to be other language channels which players could access but- so I understand- they were not used very much and so were removed.

How those channels got killed and removed..
    first removing the preset option, (18/08/2015)
    then announced "it is planned to reduce the number of global channels in 2016 (most likely down to 10 channels). - You will be informed about the clean-up details next year."; (04/12/2015)
    and finally sneak implemented changes down to 5 channels. (23/02/2016)

Funny fact, they monitored the channels for several months AFTER they removed the option of channel preset..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The removal of the language global channels was a decision made after careful consideration:

With the increasing availability of the dedicated game versions for specific languages, the channels saw a huge decrease in activity; some weren't touched for months at a time.

What's more is that it was an impossible task to effectively moderate over 30 channels on each of the three servers. Not only is it a huge strain for our moderators to ensure a satisfactory coverage, but we couldn't ensure that we could understand every language - meaning moderating was compromised. This is why we ask for only English in our Global chat channels as per the Rules and Conduct.

Reply to Thread