Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Decay of resources in Star Menu

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Decay of resources in Star Menu

This may not be a popular suggestion, but it would help reduce star menu abuse.

My storage is about 30,000, but I can easily store 120,000 of a resource. I simply post a trade to buy 30,000 coal when I am empty, and offer 4 lots. If all 4 lots are bought, then 3 x 30,000 goes to my star menu. So where is the incentive for me to waste building licences on storehouses?

If my resources decayed gradually, say 10% per day, then I wouldn't be punished for over-buying my coal, but I would slowly lose it from my star menu. This would prevent star menu abuse. Some of my friends have 200,000+ of a resource in their star menu.

The even more blatant abuse is when a player is on MAX for a certain resource, he asks a friend to offer him 25,000 of that resource for 1 fish. When accepted, it moves in the star menu because the player is full. The player then sells it back for 1 fish (taken from his storehouses) and hey presto, 25,000 available storage.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Noooo, why would you say such a thing?!

Well having more well placed storehouses does of course increase the efficiency of your workyards; gives you a bigger buffer on resources that you underproduce and allows you to sell larger lots on the trade office.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    you would have to remove trading to prevent players having more than their storehouses can handle

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    you would have to remove trading to prevent players having more than their storehouses can handle
    I'm not suggesting we STOP people putting resources in their star menu... but a 10% decay rate would discourage people from stuffing spare resources there long-term. Hey, I have 150k coal stored in my star menu because I bought lots recently... my storage is 30k, and I have my buildings clumped round my storehouses, so there's no incentive for me to use up building licences on more storehouses.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    People sit with calculators, count each small resource using floating numbers (like 0.2 coal), buff each other to use it to the fulest,
    upgrading his buildings, calculating production chains to make it more perfect, improve his geologists, count every cent spent on trade office,
    ...and you just come and suggest - 'hey! we should let it all decay, lets say 10% every night' er,er,er,er,er,er ........
    This must be a bad joke.

They allready lose TONS of resources, begining from short life span bufs which HALVES production when decay while players are offline,
    they lose 100% of everything plus bonuses when skip just one day and not log into game, (because everything completly stop then).
    ect ect ect.. and you sugest additionaly 'decay stuff even tho they are online and work hard ?' ............
    aaaaaaaaAAAA !!!! The horror !!

I know game where many items decay over time (will not say the title here to not advertise)
    and all these items have zero value to players. No one want trade them and no one want to even use them,
    which additionaly efficiently kiled game features like housing because furniture decays - so no one have ANY furniture except wardrobe.
    Houses are useles, furniture are useles, everything is useles, - game itself is useles - because it decays.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 27.06.13 at 06:31.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The even more blatant abuse is when a player is on MAX for a certain resource, he asks a friend to offer him 25,000 of that resource for 1 fish. When accepted, it moves in the star menu because the player is full. The player then sells it back for 1 fish (taken from his storehouses) and hey presto, 25,000 available storage.
    So if the decay in Star Menu thing is introduced the same approach will work. The player simply does not accept the 25,000 resource but leaves it in mail.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonia View Post
    People sit with calculators, count each small resource using floating numbers (like 0.2 coal), buff each other to use it to the fulest,
    upgrading his buildings, calculating production chains to make it more perfect, improve his geologists, count every cent spent on trade office,
    ...and you just come and suggest - 'hey! we should let it all decay, lets say 10% every night' er,er,er,er,er,er ........
    This must be a bad joke.

They allready lose TONS of resources, begining from short life span bufs which HALVES production when decay while players are offline,
    they lose 100% of everything plus bonuses when skip just one day and not log into game, (because everything completly stop then).
    ect ect ect.. and you sugest additionaly 'decay stuff even tho they are online and work hard ?' ............
    aaaaaaaaAAAA !!!! The horror !!

I know game where many items decay over time (will not say the title here to not advertise)
    and all these items have zero value to players. No one want trade them and no one want to even use them,
    which additionaly efficiently kiled game features like housing because furniture decays - so no one have ANY furniture except wardrobe.
    If people store goods in their storehouses, they don't decay. That's where resources should be. The star menu is not for resources. If I want to store 150k coal without decay, then I need to build 150k storage.

And yes, I'm one of the people that calculates. I run 9 hour buffs overnight, timed to expire when I log on in the morning. The same during my working day. Then sandwiches until night time, then repeat.

My suggestion would hurt me as well as others that use their star menu for storage - but the star menu is meant for adventures, explorers, gem buildings etc., NOT coal, horses and water! Deep down we all know that really :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i agree that decay on items would prevent abuse- it is silly to have millions of resources in star forever.

however- such decay should only apply to the "overflow" star menu push- not to items that immediately go to star as that seems to always have been intended.

the overflow was to avoid people losing items, with the side effect of people "creating" unlimited storage (not unlimited production as this stops when storehouse limit is reached)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    If I want to store 150k coal without decay, then I need to build 150k storage.
    This is wrong understanding of game mechanics.
    Star Menu and Warehouse is well planed feature which protect players from losing resources or blocking game,
    in situation when there are no more space in WH.

The Star Menu IS place to keep and store player's belongings
    while Warehouse is TEMPORARY storage with multiple functionality as follows :

1. Warehouse influence production time (output) by ensuring its proper placement betwin workyards (traveling times).
    2. Warehouse influence production time by providing storage space for resource which came from production.
    If its not enought upgraded thus have low capacity - ALL production stops and player lose 100% of everything that would be produced but its NOT, so it is not to store - its to receive output. To store stuff is 'Star Menu', eventually Warehouse (which is not a good idea)
    3. Warehouse is also 'flag' building, which mark zone as occupied.

it is silly to have millions of resources in star forever.
    Rather its wise, pleasure, safe, enjoyable, reason to play, and proud from good made work
    Who work hard - have stuff, who dont work enought - dont have. Its a personal choice.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 27.06.13 at 07:02.

World
    Newfoundland
    What the hell does it matter to you how many resources other players keep in their star menu? It doesn't affect the economy and it's not hurting anyone. This is a mean and spiteful suggestion.

Quite frankly 30K storage is pathetic. Come and talk to me when you've got 250k plus (which you will need later down the line or you won't be able to fulfill certain quests).
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Reply to Thread