Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade issue - premature deduction of goods

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Trade issue - premature deduction of goods

Hi, when initiating a trade I noticed on the economic overview that as soon as I pressed the trade send request the goods in my warehouse was immediately deducted - even before an e-mail from the recipiant acknowledged the request. Surely the deduction should take place when you press the accept tab in the e-mail. I have lost goods when the other player had not responded to my request.

Hope you can sort this out.

Thanks

Enjoying the game so far...

Zapki

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah it does that. But what annoys me is once you do a trade, they take it out of your inventory, and your town starts making the stuff you're requesting... BUT if they reject your trade offer, your stock comes back... If you don't have room to store the stock, you basically lose whatever you can't store. EG: you request a 300 wood plank trade, your sawmills start producing... an hour later, they reject your trade, your warehouse only has room for 150 planks... your warehouse fills up and you lose 150 planks.. The only time you won't lose stock from a rejected request is if your warehouse is already full, then it stays in your mailbox... I don't get it. It just doesn't seem fair.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi, I have lost goods completely as when the deal falls through the stuff has never been returned to my inventory. There should be a trade store where the goods are held until claimed and if they are not you can retrieve it yourself when you are ready to add it back to your warehouse. It should be a two-way acceptance before it is deducted totally from one player and given to the buyer. This would also give the opportunity to change your mind on and stop it going ahead.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    The new trade window on the test server solves this issue when it goes live, because any accepted trade is done instantly, it does not need to be accepted by the selling party.

Reply to Thread