Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi John,
    I cleared the cache and restarted it after each time. I am on Chrome browser, windows 10- 64 bit

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    after clicking on START GAME do you get the little chrome pop-up window? if not, clear cookies

try starting the game under Edge browser
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 28.01.21 at 13:04.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have tried Edge..no good ...I am done...over it

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have tried also the new swf file,does not work for me either,the only swf file works for me is the one from Harlequin,i just deleted everything in the client folder and pasted his file into there and it worked,the link is on page 4 of this post.
    Last edited by Expanderep; 28.01.21 at 16:50.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    dear bb as you seem to be making this game unusable how about a refund of all the gems i have purchased over the years to make up for the 9 wasted years

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is it too much to ask for a new updated standalone client that has the new swf file in it. All this having to download a new swf file, then locating the client file and pasting it in there, is not working for me. Why can't BB just post an updated new standalone client that works!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    Is it too much to ask for a new updated standalone client that has the new swf file in it. All this having to download a new swf file, then locating the client file and pasting it in there, is not working for me. Why can't BB just post an updated new standalone client that works!!
    the file is made when you attempt to access the game its not hard to find the folder and just past a version into it

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    It appears that it is. It suggests to me that there is more that is 'iffy' than just this client.swf file. My money is on something related to the log in and the system for some reason thinking that the person who is trying to download the file is not properly logged in. Frankly it's farcical.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    the fact that it ends up being a player who solves the issue speaks volumes. and when you consider hacking/altering anything to do with the game files was a bannable offence not so long ago, it has indeed all gone a bit 'couldn't make this stuff up'
    HOTFIX!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    the file is made when you attempt to access the game its not hard to find the folder and just past a version into it
    Hi Hades....really need your help. When I downloaded the original standalone client before xmas event, I had this same problem. I followed your advice then and downloaded your swf file you posted then. I must've fluked it as it worked and have been going fine since.
    After the recent update, I haven't had the same success. Please tell me where I am going wrong.
    I am using Windows 10 -64 bit, I have tried through Edge and Chrome browsers.
    I logged in through my Ubisoft account
    First I uninstalled the standalone client and downloaded it again. I attempted to start the game to get the necessary folders created.
    Secondly I downloaded the updated swf file from the post with the instruction guide. I renamed it client.swf
    Next I went to the file location where the game is located C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client
    There was no swf file to replace only Adobe Air, META-INF, and Client.exe.
    I copied the new client.swf file there.
    Next I restarted the comp and logged in.
    Clicked on Play Now and the game brings up the usual standalone client screen and then the same message "Your client could not be updated"
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to Thread