World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Umine View Post
    absolutly sure.
    Hmm, well that's not good.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    After Deactivation, the "Trick" and "Treat" buffs created can still be used on your friends' buildings, but you won't be able to create more of them.
    For clarification - the ability to produce "Trick" and "Treat" buffs have actually been disabled in the Removal Phase. Already existing ones can still be used as normal though!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    seems it is impossiple to get in touch with you - so I´ll use this opportunity ... used "loads" of codex´s on explores and geologist - but the counter seems to have stopped - pls do something - ..knock knock - someone alive out there

World
    Sandycove
    Just a question since there seems to be conflicting messages between front page and dev diary. Will event shop stay to tomorrow morning or be removed at 00:01 the 14/11?

Front Page:
    Dear Settlers,
    Update: The Halloween Event will be Deactivated tomorrow, November 14th, at ~00:01 GMT!
    The Halloween Event will enter the Removal phase tomorrow morning at 8:00 GMT. The core mechanisms will be turned off, but the event shop category will stay in place.
    Dev Diary:
    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE EVENT DEACTIVATION?
    14th of November ~00:01 GMT

The Halloween shop category will be deactivated. Pumpkins will not be visible anymore in the warehouse. Pumpkin collections will be removed from the Mayor's House.
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 13.11.17 at 17:45.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Just a question since there seems to be conflicting messages between front page and dev diary. Will event shop stay to tomorrow morning or be removed at 00:01 the 14/11?
    hehe, they have re-used the earlier announcement about the removal phase, you just want to pay attention to the UPDATE bit. so event shop is removed at 00:01 GMT 14th

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    hehe, they have re-used the earlier announcement about the removal phase, you just want to pay attention to the UPDATE bit. so event shop is removed at 00:01 GMT 14th
    That's what I think, but they clearly give two different messages on the front page hence my question since 7h 59mins is a pretty wide gap... :P
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 13.11.17 at 18:28.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Would really help if they could get it right, not very difficult now is it....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Event is over. It was nice to have something to do. in terms of "getting something out of it" I cant complain. This is not about the amount of pumpkins I as a playerr get out of event.
    I like events because it gives me a goal and purpose in the game. It is nice that I get some new buildings and stuff, but that for me is not what is the most important.

I have said it before - but that was last year - and that is why I say it again. I hate that we get refills instead of just getting pumpkins out of doing adventures.I hate it for 2 reasons.
    Reason one. I dont find it amusing to time buffing of fields - and put new tric and treats or what ever every 6 hours. Yes I can put other buffs on it instead- but it is still just a tedious chore.
    Reason two: It sets a limit on how many pumps you can get out of doing adventures. You could convert 150 (this is an estimate) pumps in 24 hours - as long as event went on and then 5 days after event ended. Unless you are up for doing trades or loved to do adventures and then give outcome away- you did not really get ant reward out of doing lots of adventures.

Some think getting pumps refills is soo much better because they get 3- 4 times as much out of them when they buff fields - but the size of refills are adjusted to match that fact- so really we dont get any more out of it this way.

Please BB- sent those pump refills to the back side of the moon and let us have pumpkins from adventures again next year.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I have said it before - but that was last year - and that is why I say it again. I hate that we get refills instead of just getting pumpkins out of doing adventures.I hate it for 2 reasons.
    Reason one. I dont find it amusing to time buffing of fields - and put new tric and treats or what ever every 6 hours. Yes I can put other buffs on it instead- but it is still just a tedious chore.
    Reason two: It sets a limit on how many pumps you can get out of doing adventures. You could convert 150 (this is an estimate) pumps in 24 hours - as long as event went on and then 5 days after event ended. Unless you are up for doing trades or loved to do adventures and then give outcome away- you did not really get ant reward out of doing lots of adventures.
    Well what stopped you from trading or using other buffs? just because you didn't bother it does not mean they should change the system. You could have just let your fields collapse and sell the refills from day one. People bought them with a ~1:3 rate at pretty fast rate from the beginning till the final days, just like last year. No stressful buffing, no limit on pumpkins if you would have chosen so.

A lot of people had 3 or 4 day buffs saved for the event, acquired from the trade past year or gathered by lucky explorers or artifact skilled explorers. Outlaws was basically 150 pumpkins every single time if you just sold the refills or already had your fields full. You could also buy rainbows during the event with the refills by doing a few extra adventures.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Well what stopped you from trading or using other buffs? just because you didn't bother it does not mean they should change the system. You could have just let your fields collapse and sell the refills from day one. People bought them with a ~1:3 rate at pretty fast rate from the beginning till the final days, just like last year. No stressful buffing, no limit on pumpkins if you would have chosen so.

A lot of people had 3 or 4 day buffs saved for the event, acquired from the trade past year or gathered by lucky explorers or artifact skilled explorers. Outlaws was basically 150 pumpkins every single time if you just sold the refills or already had your fields full. You could also buy rainbows during the event with the refills by doing a few extra adventures.
    It sucks - and I prefer doing the dishes - this is a game - it should be fun - it should not be about doing shores- simple as that. I had plenty of rainbow snow to use - but using them did not really make that part of the game fun
    again this is not about how many pumps I got or did not get. If I wanted lots of pumps I think I would simply spent time doing trades - that is the most efficient way.
    I would like for it to be worth my trouble doing lots of adventures - that is the part of the game I prefer. But if I dont do any trades then I would not be able to get more than 150 times the number of days the event was for times the buff strength I used.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread