Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Conscientious Geologist

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Unlike the "Improved farm" issue, which actually helped players and made the farm useful, this one will probably never be fixed.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialecticus View Post
    New geologist has the ability to find one more resource of the same type. Does this new resource benefit from all other abilities that geologist may have, or is it exactly like "two marble/iron/coal in one", where the second deposit does not benefit from other abilities?

If the ability does not go along with other abilities do devs recognize this as a problem that will be solved in the future? Most concerned about copper deposits, because I need them fast and big.

Merged
    Me and my guild mates are wondering exactly the same: do the skills of finding "second deposit" result for this geo in finding more than two? Or will it ALWAYS be just two?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Conscientious Geologist

About those fast deposits. Issue really are those "tooltips" that appear unlike other geodudes.

This is how it looks when Conscientious Geologist finds slow deposit.

and this is how it looks when it finds fast

Other geodudes will not show that tooltip on failed searches.

So for some reason Conscientious Geologist shows that tooltip midway and others do not. Every geodude shows success at top of the list.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedMouse View Post
    Me and my guild mates are wondering exactly the same: do the skills of finding "second deposit" result for this geo in finding more than two? Or will it ALWAYS be just two?
    I just found three marble deposits with one search using the "Two Marble in One" skill on my Conscientious Geologist.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Concita View Post
    if he finds an additional deposit on every search it means he has to find it if its possible and in my case - it is possble
    Agree - it is "possible" to find an 11th marble deposit because a skilled geo can find it.
    So this geo should find it if it hasn't already been found.

The precedent was set with the Lucky Explorer, who effectively has the "find a nice buff" skill built in. It's natural to think the new geologist has the "Lucky Find" skill built in - especially when reading his description. If "Lucky find" can find one more than the maximum (which in itself is impossible since a maximum is a hard limit), then the new geo should find one more "when possible".

Considering BB are happy to change specification after a new feature goes live and is in use (for instance changing a level 5 improved farm to use 5 wheat deposits per cycle when it was originally 1 per cycle no matter what the level) then I'm sure they'll receive no complaints if they change the new geo. Well, ok, they'll receive complaints, someone always complains about a change, but it still needs to be changed.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    If it helps, I can confirm that my ConGeo found an extra deposit which enabled me to complete the "Lay of the Land" achievement.
    None of my geos have the Lucky Find skill.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    If it helps, I can confirm that my ConGeo found an extra deposit
    Finally a positive sound upon the brave "Geo+conscience", now I am sure my PK investment was a correct one. Thanks for the post Sheddoe !!
    Last thing needed, in what condition can an extra deposit be uncovered ?? Time will cure. Peace to all.
    Last edited by B_Golani_7777; 07.11.15 at 18:25.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    If it helps, I can confirm that my ConGeo found an extra deposit which enabled me to complete the "Lay of the Land" achievement.
    None of my geos have the Lucky Find skill.
    Are you sure you didn't find the first iron deposit on the new islands along with the rest of the old deposits. This gave me the "Lay of the Land"

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I got that achievement as soon as I purchased the first gem Island, none of my geo have lucky find and i used jolly geo

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FishmanUK View Post
    Are you sure you didn't find the first iron deposit on the new islands along with the rest of the old deposits. This gave me the "Lay of the Land"
    Very sure. The two archipelago iron mines I can access were already up and running.
    I can't remember what I was searching for (though I have a faint memory that it was stone??)...
    Remind me, which deposits have the possibility of an extra (on the main island)?
    Last edited by Sheddoe; 08.11.15 at 08:44.

Reply to Thread