Reply to Thread

Thread: Lootspots

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland

Lootspots

Must have been said in the past but just thought I would suggest again.

With the new very hard adventures and people struggling with things I think BB need to rethink the how many adventures you can be in policy. Probably the biggest cause of arguements is not being able to join someones adventure due to being stuck in another where the person doing the adventure has under estimated how long it will take them.

My suggestion is being able to be in your own adventure and 2 others.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Can you imagine the lag?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Must have been said in the past but just thought I would suggest again.

With the new very hard adventures and people struggling with things I think BB need to rethink the how many adventures you can be in policy. Probably the biggest cause of arguements is not being able to join someones adventure due to being stuck in another where the person doing the adventure has under estimated how long it will take them.

My suggestion is being able to be in your own adventure and 2 others.
    So your solution to being stuck in an adventure with a person who has underestimated the time it would take is to propose joining another adventure, so you have a good chance of being stuck in two adventures with people who have underestimated how long they would take? The more adventures you are in at the same time, the less likely you are to be able to estimate how long they will all take...

During the Easter Event, when many people had to complete a certain number of adventures, where lootspots also counted, the system started to creak as people tried to fit more into shorter periods of time; everyone doing a lot of adventures at the same time was not necessarily a good thing.

I think a better solution is for people to communicate better before selling a lootspot, during the adventure and sorting out any timing problems as they arise. A lot can be achieved with effective communication.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 12.08.13 at 06:48.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If im honest I was going to suggest you should be able to join as many adventures at anyone time as you wish there should be no limit except how many generals you have/can send..

I changed that to two as I took in to consideration the lag. You can communicate as much as you like but real life and other unforseen problems will always take priority. If I was RTF and some one in my family was rushed to hospital theres no way I am staying to finish that adventure before I go so now you have possibly 2 annoyed people who could wait a long time for me to return. That is a worst case scenario about the hospital but you get the point.

I see many arguements break out due to lootspots which could be fixed simply by allowing more to be joined. The only thing like said is the possibility of lag.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I think you may be missing the point, which is that multiplayer adventures were designed to be shared equally as possible with friends, hence needing to be a friend to invite others. The fact that players have decided to make the other slots sellable is in my opinion none of BB's concern.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok lets rule out the name lootspot... and call it you helping your friends. So if I told 3 friends I could help them finish there adventure and then got stuck in one thats again more annoyed people.

I dont see why there is a limit to how many you can join other than lag there is no need.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    You don't think lag is a good enough reason? Have you played this game the last couple of weeks?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well it would be interesting to see how much lag it would cause maybe to run it on test server and see the outcome.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I like this suggestion and would like to see it added as soon as possible, along with the barracks update to recruit more troops with less clicks.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Anyone care to explain how one person doing 2 lootspots would cause more lag than 2 people doing one lootspot each?
    If anything, it would improve lag as the lootspot actions could not occur simultaneously (can only visit one of the adventures at any one time)

There is only one bottleneck that causes delayed response to action clicks; the server and its capacity to handle many requests.
    You can pretty much ignore the 'ping' (the time it takes for a request package to travel to the server and back) as, even with a 8ms ping, you are still likely to get lag due to other people's requests queuing up on the server.
    Even with un-cached playing, the primary moments when large data packages are needed are when changing zone (visit adventure or friend), which, though they take a while to load the data, are not obvious lag points. With multi-lootspots one player or another would still be requesting that data anyway.

To improve lag, BB should be looking at ways to reduce the number of requests to server for any user action. Examples that would greatly reduce lag are: Increased production queue in PH and Barracks (rather than 10 requests to make 25k fishfood or 250 recruits, just one request) and Buff Lists (rather than 25 request to place 25 baskets, just one).

P.S. I am all in favour of multiple lootspots, as long as they can find somewhere to show all the adventures.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Reply to Thread